Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit - Post your Casting choices here!...
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Rabittooth
Bree

Dec 23 2007, 4:34am

Post #76 of 80 (531 views)
Shortcut
Freeman as Bilbo... [In reply to] Can't Post

TongueCool

-Rabittooth

www.rabittooth.com

Sunflower
Valinor

Dec 24 2007, 4:37am

Post #77 of 80 (521 views)
Shortcut
Just remember..... [In reply to] Can't Post

That The Hobbit is being made by a movie studio that is on the verge of bankrupcy and desperate for cash, so they are not going to go with a director's desire for obscure but interesting names. They won't have the hands off attitude they has with LOTR. They'll want big names that will draw audiences to the theaters (Nicole Kidman in The Golden Compass.) They won't allow even a director like Raimi the freedom to put untried actors into a big blockbuster franchise if he desires, like the New Zealander Jackson did. So if a lot of familiar names start to show up, we'll see how much power Jackson has.

My nightmare is the franchise being taken over by Americans, automatically giving Middle Earth a Hollywood feel. (and I'm an American saying that.) To make up for the lack of them in LOTR. The only Americans in LOTR were people who were largely unknown, Viggo and Elijah Wood. And Sean Astin, whose last big film was as a kid.

I'm reading other boards with all these interesting choices but have a horrible feeling that it's all fantasy. There's nothing more artistically compromising than a studio that has Corporate breathing down their necks every minute and will be going over the production with a fine-toothed comb. and only wants The Blockbuster Profits.
So Shaye will say, "Morgan who?" How will he draw the big fanboy Demographic to the theaters? He'd rather have someone like Shia LaBoef., b/c he's also that hot new kid from Indy 4.

(This post was edited by Sunflower on Dec 24 2007, 4:47am)

Yeltzy

Jan 8 2008, 4:05pm

Post #78 of 80 (612 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit casting [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi! I'm new here (please don't hold that against me! Wink), and have a few casting thoughts. Smile I'm sure to change my mind on some of them as time goes on, but these are off the top of my head. Hope they're not too British-centric.

Bilbo: Loving the suggestion of Martin Freeman. I'd also like to add Sam Troughton to the list - or even Simon Pegg.
Gandalf: Sir Ian McKellen, no question.
Gollum: Andy Serkis - as above! :¬)
Bard: Like the suggestion of Sean Bean, but how about Richard Armitage?
Beorn: I like the idea of Gerard Butler, but I could actually also see Andy Serkis doing the role.
The dwarves: I'd love to see Tim Spall should be in there somewhere, along with Nick Frost.
Elrond: Hugo Weaving
Galadriel: Cate Blanchett
Saruman: Christopher Lee
Lobelia: Patricia Routledge
Smaug's voice: I know Alan Rickman has been suggested, but I'd like to suggest another Alan - Alun Armstrong - for the voice of Smaug. In fact, I'd love to see Alun Armstrong in The Hobbit full-stop, as I think he'd be wonderful in it! Smile

Orchunter

Jan 31 2008, 1:41am

Post #79 of 80 (515 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit casting [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo: Sir Ian Holm should reprise this role.
Gandalf: Sir Ian McKellen and no one else
Gollum: Andy Serkis
Bard: JASON STRATHAM!!!! He would be the PERFECT Bard. The Guys gritty as hell!
Beorn: I picture this character has a "Hagrid" look just edgier. Maybe Robbie Coltrane???? or I hate to say this but, maybe a professional wrestler.....Smile or even Gary Oldman.Rutger Hauer, ??
The dwarves: T.J. Miller (Hud, Cloverfield),????
Elrond: Hugo Weaving
Thorin Oakenshield: Ron Perlman
Galadriel: Cate Blanchett
Saruman: Christopher Lee

Smaug's voice: The dragon will most likely be talking telepathically like as in the ring in LOTR, so...my choices are:
Me Wink
Sir Anthony Hopkins
Ian McDiarmid
Liam Neeson
Judi Dench
Chow Yun-Fat
Geoffrey Rush
Ken Wantanabe

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Feb 7 2008, 10:06pm

Post #80 of 80 (526 views)
Shortcut
Brian Blessed?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Errr my boyfriend too seems quite excited by the idea of Brian Blessed as Beorn. You're both crazy!Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.