Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
TABA in final editing stages

tarasaurus
Rohan

Apr 3 2013, 1:41pm

Post #1 of 20 (1493 views)
Shortcut
TABA in final editing stages Can't Post

"Work on The Hobbit: There And Back Again is at an advanced stage of development. In live chat from his editing room in New Zealand, Peter Jackson announced that he is about to begin the final edit...."

Smile

tarasaurus
Rohan

Apr 3 2013, 1:47pm

Post #2 of 20 (792 views)
Shortcut
Also.... [In reply to] Can't Post

think they meant to write "two towers", not "twin" haha

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Apr 3 2013, 3:02pm

Post #3 of 20 (706 views)
Shortcut
Advanced Stage [In reply to] Can't Post

"An advanced stage of development" seems hyperbolous given that "the battle of the five armies will receive far greater visual emphasis than is given in the book" and that the next significant block of filming - a consequence of going to three films - is not complete (or even started?).

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 3 2013, 3:15pm

Post #4 of 20 (679 views)
Shortcut
This article is all over the place [In reply to] Can't Post

Plus a week old.

The title says "ready to edit", then it says "advanced stage" and then "about to begin".

They've covered all basis there!

Elessar
Valinor

Apr 3 2013, 3:32pm

Post #5 of 20 (620 views)
Shortcut
It is that. lol [In reply to] Can't Post

However, all the talk just gets me all excited to see things come alive on the big screen and makes it hard to hold off on my yearly readings of the books.

trqn13
Bree

Apr 3 2013, 5:29pm

Post #6 of 20 (562 views)
Shortcut
not finished yet? [In reply to] Can't Post

seems a bit of a dumb idea not to have all three of them done at the same time, leaves the door open to make unnecessary changes

tarasaurus
Rohan

Apr 3 2013, 5:30pm

Post #7 of 20 (551 views)
Shortcut
I'm thinking [In reply to] Can't Post

it's post-production, I think they were doing post production for DOS and TABA around the same time.

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Apr 3 2013, 6:36pm

Post #8 of 20 (508 views)
Shortcut
Open Door [In reply to] Can't Post

But it also leaves the door open to fix things. One I'm hoping for is to get Radagast caught in a rain shower to get rid of that stupid poop.

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Apr 3 2013, 7:25pm

Post #9 of 20 (460 views)
Shortcut
Or maybe fall into the river helping the dwarfs escape Thranduil's hall [In reply to] Can't Post

That might help wash it off too...

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Apr 3 2013, 7:51pm

Post #10 of 20 (416 views)
Shortcut
Good suggestion [In reply to] Can't Post

To the matter at hand....TABA in advanced stages??

Dont they mean DOS?

How can TABA be in advanced stages of development and ready for the first cut if they havent even shot all those things they supposedly wanted to film by moving to three films?

Vous commencez m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

tarasaurus
Rohan

Apr 3 2013, 9:26pm

Post #11 of 20 (354 views)
Shortcut
Not sure [In reply to] Can't Post

At first I thought AUJ and DOS were filmed together, but maybe not since I didn't think they completed Smaug yet? Or maybe they did everything but Smaug so far...and post-production seems quite early for TABA.

Maybe that site isn't a good source!

Kullervo
Rivendell

Apr 3 2013, 9:31pm

Post #12 of 20 (397 views)
Shortcut
Could it be? [In reply to] Can't Post

Could "the battle of the five armies will receive far greater visual emphasis than is given in the book" mean snow, like many of us have been hoping for?

tarasaurus
Rohan

Apr 3 2013, 9:58pm

Post #13 of 20 (351 views)
Shortcut
I'm crossing my fingers!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Aaahh, please, please let it happen!!

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Apr 3 2013, 10:11pm

Post #14 of 20 (324 views)
Shortcut
I dont know [In reply to] Can't Post

its a bit messy since we dont know where the stry splits, what will be added with the three month shoots, etc...

I would wager it on being DOS, not TABA, since so much of it supposedly hasnt been filmed.

Mrredbirdy
The Shire

Apr 4 2013, 7:22am

Post #15 of 20 (247 views)
Shortcut
2014 [In reply to] Can't Post

Now that the third movie will be ready in december 2014 I've wondered why they would film Battle of five armies this year in may.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Apr 4 2013, 12:42pm

Post #16 of 20 (214 views)
Shortcut
Pick-ups for DoS [In reply to] Can't Post

It's likely that they're going to be needing filming for more than just the BoFA, including pick-ups for DoS, which obviously couldn't wait until next year. Better to get it all done in one go. It also makes sense that they'd want to to film everything as closely as possible to each other time-wise, so why would they wait an additional year to film BoFA, so that there's nearly 2 full years between the wrap of production and the BoFA shoot? Wouldn't make much sense. This way it's been less than a year-- much easier to reassemble the production crew and actors, and for them to get back into the swing of things.

trqn13
Bree

Apr 4 2013, 3:28pm

Post #17 of 20 (157 views)
Shortcut
re [In reply to] Can't Post

possibly, but I highly doubt it, PJ enjoys cutting good scenes for not quite so good ones for example the two scenes in AUJ trailer (Gandalf at Dol Guldor and Bilbo with the Shards of Narsil) I would much preferred to see them, than Radagast at Dol Guldur and say the Bomber falling through the table scene.

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Apr 4 2013, 3:40pm

Post #18 of 20 (155 views)
Shortcut
Narsil [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, omitting Bilbo with the Shards of Narsil was the most egregious, considering the massive disappointment about not giving Bilbo any apparent time whatsoever to fall in love with Rivendell.

tarasaurus
Rohan

Apr 4 2013, 5:31pm

Post #19 of 20 (126 views)
Shortcut
Aah [In reply to] Can't Post

I totally forgot about that!! I'm willing to bet it will make the EE though!

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Apr 4 2013, 5:39pm

Post #20 of 20 (147 views)
Shortcut
And why the [In reply to] Can't Post

rivendell scenes seem so blank, uninteresting and contrary to the book, for me. No Bilbo. He must have found some very nifty elvish literature and spent his time inside his room..Angelic

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.