Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Do you think that Thorins role at the lonely mountain will be increased.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 3 2013, 6:50pm

Post #26 of 34 (276 views)
Shortcut
Outside the secret door? [In reply to] Can't Post

If we want a Thorin/Smaug face-to-face, maybe Thorin stubbornly stays outside the door while Bilbo is telling them he fears Smaug coming to that side of the mountain and they should go in the tunnel and shut the door.

Thorin, "I'll not cower like a rat in its hole! Let that accursed worm come if he wishes! He'll find me waiting for him here!"

Smaug flies silently to the rocks above the door, settles down to watch the dwarves scurrying around moving supplies inside, then speaks with silky evilness:
"So, does someone new claim the title 'King Under the Mountain'? How delicious, my dears!"

Thorin turns towards the voice, mesmerized by the talking monster. He had only thought of it as a mindless, killing machine until this moment. He listens to various insults to his forbears, dwarves in general and his Burglar until.....

Ok, somebody else finish this scene. I'm stuck. Tongue

glor
Rohan

Apr 3 2013, 7:52pm

Post #27 of 34 (247 views)
Shortcut
face to face implies out of motion capture [In reply to] Can't Post

..I am beginning to wonder (OK hope Laugh) if Cumberpatch has a third role in TH which doesn't involve motion capture; Smaug and the Necromancer.

Wouldn't Cumberpatch make a great Glorfindel, either popping up at BOFA or as part of the Dol Guldur subplot.

if this is as I suspect Pjs last foray into middle-earth, why not give us at last one of the iconic characters of M-E especially when you have the perfect actor already in the cast to play him..

..perhaps it's just wishful thinking.

(This post was edited by glor on Apr 3 2013, 7:53pm)

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Apr 3 2013, 8:00pm

Post #28 of 34 (241 views)
Shortcut
Ooooor [In reply to] Can't Post

The Nazgul, lead by the witch king of angmar riding Reanimated Smaug ...

Picture it...

Sly

Vous commencez à m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

cats16
Half-elven

Apr 3 2013, 8:20pm

Post #29 of 34 (226 views)
Shortcut
Funny you say that... [In reply to] Can't Post

Because I had a similar thought recently, only with Bombadil. I thought, it's PJ's (most likely) last hurrah, and he'll want to go out with a bang.

Then my thoughts drifted to Stephen Colbert's possible cameo and who he might play...

And...these thoughts intertwined, and I was left with....Colbert playing Bombadil in TABA. Smile I nearly jumped back when I thought of it!

I tried to rid myself of that horrible idea, but it wouldn't go away, lol! I kept thinking, 'who would Colbert want to play? Probably someone really memorable in the legendarium that would satisfy his high-geekness.'

Oh could you only imagine it...Bilbo and Gandalf, on their way back stopping to see good 'ole Stephen..er..Tom Bombadil. TongueWink Imagine the possibilities!

Kullervo
Rivendell

Apr 3 2013, 8:57pm

Post #30 of 34 (221 views)
Shortcut
Well said, Loresilme [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with everything you said. Every letter, comma and dot.Smile And I like that idea, that there are three key moments for Bilbo, one in each movie, each showing his growth throughout the journey. And there's really no reason to think Bilbo won't face Smaug alone. Every second of footage and every picture of him running around in the gold treasure shows him alone.

ShireHorse
Rohan

Apr 3 2013, 9:13pm

Post #31 of 34 (214 views)
Shortcut
Well, perhaps not every comma, Kullervo, LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

Will Sir Ian give away anything in the Metro interview tomorrow. I wonder? Probably not. Here's a taster where he talks about BC's Smaug:

http://metro.co.uk/...on-of-smaug-3581828/

Kullervo
Rivendell

Apr 3 2013, 11:03pm

Post #32 of 34 (183 views)
Shortcut
Yes, well... [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe I don't fully agree with the comma about Thorin instead of Balin following Bilbo half way, but otherwise I think there was some pretty wonderful punctuation there.Wink

I doubt Sir Ian will reveal anything, Smaug is too big of a secret at this point. But, who knows, he may let something slip.

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 4 2013, 8:44pm

Post #33 of 34 (137 views)
Shortcut
Practically Perfect Punctuation ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, I feel like I just got a gold star on a grammar test, lol Angelic!

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Apr 4 2013, 10:44pm

Post #34 of 34 (151 views)
Shortcut
Maybe Thorin will be injured, [In reply to] Can't Post

and he can't come in?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.