Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
With Thizz Theatrical...Release Online Today?

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 1 2013, 7:37pm

Post #1 of 17 (640 views)
Shortcut
With Thizz Theatrical...Release Online Today? Can't Post

MUCH is set in Motion!

ScreenCaps are Not Illegal?
FanVersions are Allowed?
MusicEdits are Allowed...

"Much that Once was..
.UnderWraps

Has Changed!...
BOMBY Sees it.. on the Internet
Bomby Feels it in the YourTubes
Bomby WANTS..
TH1... in Your Many Worldwide...Hearts

Spread across TORn and Beyond!"

xoxoBomby ( & Goldberry..TOO))

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2013, 8:10pm

Post #2 of 17 (337 views)
Shortcut
TH [In reply to] Can't Post

The Purists Edition.

Where do i donate my two cents?

Though, with the extended verison and the other two films...there will be more material from which you can create a more balanced narrative..

Vous commencez m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

(This post was edited by Lusitano on Apr 1 2013, 8:12pm)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Apr 1 2013, 8:43pm

Post #3 of 17 (312 views)
Shortcut
I'll give one a go [In reply to] Can't Post

But it's not out here for another week.

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Apr 1 2013, 8:45pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Apr 1 2013, 8:44pm

Post #4 of 17 (319 views)
Shortcut
oh god not [In reply to] Can't Post

fan edits. That has to be one of the lamest things out there. Star Wars has several versions with the PT and with the OT. The idea itself is just so beyond lame and eye rolling.

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 1 2013, 8:56pm

Post #5 of 17 (307 views)
Shortcut
Still no video, or links to video on TORn, please [In reply to] Can't Post

The movie is still copyrighted whether it's online or on a DVD, so screen caps are still fine here, but video and links to video will be deleted.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2013, 9:15pm

Post #6 of 17 (281 views)
Shortcut
Phantom Menace works [In reply to] Can't Post

better in the fan edit. IMo.

King Kong could be seriously trimmed.

Jackson has little concept of the meaning of the word "editing", so i have no doubt theres people out there who will play and create different versions.

When the trilogy is done i look forward to the Tolkien Version, ie just the material that is contained in th book.

It should be fun.

Elessar
Valinor

Apr 1 2013, 9:37pm

Post #7 of 17 (251 views)
Shortcut
I guess [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure for some it works. I just don't feel that way.

I liked King Kong and love the Middle-earth movies so I don't mind long movies. lol

I got my Tolkien with this and have the books. It all presents me with Tolkiens world and the love I have for it. :)

bborchar
Rohan

Apr 2 2013, 12:23am

Post #8 of 17 (206 views)
Shortcut
The only way TPM could become better by an edit... [In reply to] Can't Post

...would involve cutting out everything in between the opening title and ending credits.

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 2 2013, 10:40am

Post #9 of 17 (148 views)
Shortcut
The Phantom Menace works best if you don't watch it at all. / [In reply to] Can't Post

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Apr 2 2013, 10:57am

Post #10 of 17 (143 views)
Shortcut
I do actually think that, [In reply to] Can't Post

Phantom Menace is an ok film... For me it's just getting dragged down in the maelstrom of the other two prequel films...

Vocalist in the progressive metal band Renamed.

(This post was edited by painjoiker on Apr 2 2013, 10:57am)

Kullervo
Rivendell

Apr 2 2013, 11:05am

Post #11 of 17 (147 views)
Shortcut
Yes, the Phantom Menace is quite enjoyable when... [In reply to] Can't Post

...you watch something else instead. Something good. Like yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed the Phantom Menace while watching the Game of Thrones season 3 premiere. And I've enjoyed the Phantom Menace six times now while watching the Hobbit, and look forward to enjoying it many times more. The Phantom Menace is a great movie when you are not watching it - an absolute masterpiece!

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Apr 2 2013, 11:08am

Post #12 of 17 (151 views)
Shortcut
lmdao [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
...you watch something else instead. Something good. Like yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed the Phantom Menace while watching the Game of Thrones season 3 premiere. And I've enjoyed the Phantom Menace six times now while watching the Hobbit, and look forward to enjoying it many times more. The Phantom Menace is a great movie when you are not watching it - an absolute masterpiece!

lmdao.

(laugh my dwarven a** off)

pffffft!!

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 2 2013, 3:08pm

Post #13 of 17 (90 views)
Shortcut
Ditto!..Dudes...BwaHaHa..HeHE..HawHOOO....! ///// [In reply to] Can't Post

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Apr 2 2013, 5:04pm

Post #14 of 17 (71 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Hilarious.

But i am not as much of a hater as you guys, because i have a strong attachment to that film, far greater than with AOTC.

But remove Jar Jar, and it suddenly can be seen next to The Godfather..Wink

Kullervo
Rivendell

Apr 2 2013, 5:35pm

Post #15 of 17 (69 views)
Shortcut
In all seriousness [In reply to] Can't Post

I do actually agree with you, to some degree. Compared to AOTC the Phantom Menace is actually an almost decent film. But the problem with that trilogy as a whole for me is that all three of the movies feel completely soulless and uninspired. They have some pretty graphics, but I feel absolutely no connection to any of the characters. And if I don't care about anyone, or anything that happens, it just can't work (unless the movie delivers some seriously amazing consepts and ideas). But I'm not a hater in a sense that I can understand (to some degree) if people like them.

Here's hoping the next trilogy will be more engaging and fun.

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Apr 2 2013, 7:16pm

Post #16 of 17 (53 views)
Shortcut
Not being a [In reply to] Can't Post

fan of the first three first but rtaher having been introduced to SW by the phantom menace, you can guess why i am so fond of it. Wink

As far as explaining the events that led to the empire, the world of the republic, the demise of the jedi order, anakin turning to the dark side, i think the prequels were quite good. Theire problem relays solely on lucas terrible writings skills, his awfull, eyes rolling dialogue, his ineptitude at directing, etc...The most uninspiring aspects come form his directing and writing. Not the music which is glorious, nor the actors..

I am very fond of revenge of the sith, its my favourite. So i can relate and feel engaged by them, even if, after multiple viewing over the years, you come to see the flaws.

As for the next SW movies, i just hope we dont suffer from SW fatigue any time soon...these filsm were a special event, if they became as average as any hollywood sequel prequel remake, then the magic might be lost...

(This post was edited by Lusitano on Apr 2 2013, 7:16pm)

IdrilofGondolin
Rohan

Apr 12 2013, 12:50am

Post #17 of 17 (46 views)
Shortcut
Post of the century [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.