Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Scenes with Rob Kazinsky as Fili in AUJ?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

namarie
Rohan

Mar 27 2013, 12:19pm

Post #51 of 61 (279 views)
Shortcut
this is the only photo of him [In reply to] Can't Post

in Kili costume. Is from vlog#3

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/...54-mp4_000712593.jpg
http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/...54-mp4_000726021.jpg

“The world is not in your books and maps. It's out there!”

Angharad73
Rohan

Mar 27 2013, 12:45pm

Post #52 of 61 (261 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

These are great! First time I see these pics. Kazinsky-Fili looks quite different than O'Gorman-Fili, doesn't he?

Angharad73
Rohan

Mar 27 2013, 12:48pm

Post #53 of 61 (248 views)
Shortcut
Nice...! [In reply to] Can't Post

NaughtyAngharad likes Kazinsky better like this than in the Fili costume... Evil *Right, going to stuff NaughtyAngharad back in her cage...*Blush

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Mar 27 2013, 2:20pm

Post #54 of 61 (245 views)
Shortcut
That scene always catches my attention as well [In reply to] Can't Post

It is Dean O'Gorman, but the lighting and expression on his face makes him look different than the smirking Fili that arrives at Bag End. I believe he was listening to Balin's story, then turns and looks at Thorin in this shot.

'"Never laugh at live dragons, Bilbo you fool!" he said to himself, and it became a favourite saying of his later, and passed into a proverb.'

namarie
Rohan

Mar 27 2013, 2:50pm

Post #55 of 61 (228 views)
Shortcut
Yes he does [In reply to] Can't Post

but even so sometimes is hard telling which one is playing Fili in the movie :)

“The world is not in your books and maps. It's out there!”

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 27 2013, 5:48pm

Post #56 of 61 (199 views)
Shortcut
You are so correct .... Thorin wins every time [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
no matter how cute his dimples, the poor lad will never live up to the majesty of his uncle.
Angelic Angelic

(Smelling salts thoughtfully provided by Kelvarhin below.)

Ooooh how true...!

Dimples 1
Majesty 3

Hell hath no fury like a Dragon who is missing a cup.

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Mar 27 2013, 10:58pm

Post #57 of 61 (178 views)
Shortcut
it is [In reply to] Can't Post

Katscinsky (sp?) is the same height as Aidan (6') whereas O'Gorman is 4" shorter than Aidan.

You see when Fili and Kili are entering Bilbo's living room as they are humming, Fili and Kili are the same height. Also you see it when they walk into the dining room to help Dwalin and Balin rearrange the furniture.

If there is any question about whether or not its Katscinsky, just see how tall he is in relation to the other actors.

Half Elven Daughter of Celethian of the Woodland Realm

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Mar 27 2013, 11:07pm

Post #58 of 61 (163 views)
Shortcut
he is in goblintown [In reply to] Can't Post

I watched closely because I was curious too, and Fili is actually standing behind Balin when they are in front of the Goblinkings throne

Half Elven Daughter of Celethian of the Woodland Realm

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 28 2013, 9:59am

Post #59 of 61 (126 views)
Shortcut
Like I said above ... [In reply to] Can't Post

He only filmed for a month. They can't have filmed Bag End, Rivendell, and Goblin-town in the same month, surely?

Kirly
Lorien

Mar 30 2013, 3:58pm

Post #60 of 61 (101 views)
Shortcut
Fili likely has lifts in his boots and [In reply to] Can't Post

When Fili and Kili arrive at Bag End, they do appear the same overall height but I recall some behind the scenes and/or photographs in which we can see Fili is standing on something while Kili is not. All just part of the illusion of the film.

My avatar photo is Lake Tekapo in New Zealand's South Island. Taken by me in 2004 on a Red Carpet Tours LOTR Movie Location Tour. 'Twas the Vacation of a Lifetime!

pictures taken while on the tour are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Kirly7/LOTRNewZealandTour#

marillaraina
Rohan

Mar 31 2013, 1:58am

Post #61 of 61 (123 views)
Shortcut
Sure [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
When Fili and Kili arrive at Bag End, they do appear the same overall height but I recall some behind the scenes and/or photographs in which we can see Fili is standing on something while Kili is not. All just part of the illusion of the film.

He definitely has some lifts in his boots during some scenes, Aidan and Dean mentioned it during an interview. I think not a lot as there are definitely scenes where you Fili is quite a bit shorter than Kili, as as well as he probably wouldn't be able to do much running or jumping over stuff in 4 inch lifts. LOL. But at the door yeah because they were probably trying to not call attention to the fact that there quite a height difference.

During the two scenes mentioned though(walking into the living room and walking into the dining room), it's definitely Kazinsky, who didn't need lifts because and and Aidan Turner were already similar heights. They both walk over the same area one right after the other.

(This post was edited by marillaraina on Mar 31 2013, 2:00am)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.