Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Different Master of Laketown hairstyles?

thomasofrohan
Lorien

Mar 25 2013, 7:14pm

Post #1 of 11 (1152 views)
Shortcut
Different Master of Laketown hairstyles? Can't Post

In the sneak peek, there's a shot of the Master where he looks noticeably cleaner. Is this simply a more flattering portrait, or will there be flashbacks to happier times in Laketown?

Picture:
http://i.imgur.com/Am4aayR.jpg

Wispier Master:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/...9x1revgjco1_1280.jpg

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 25 2013, 7:16pm

Post #2 of 11 (604 views)
Shortcut
The Master is self indulgent [In reply to] Can't Post

He would like to be portrayed with luscious blonde locks ... when in reality ... he looks more like a drowned rat.

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Mar 25 2013, 7:16pm)

thomasofrohan
Lorien

Mar 25 2013, 7:19pm

Post #3 of 11 (595 views)
Shortcut
It'd be funny if... [In reply to] Can't Post

The Company sees all these portraits before they actually meet the Master, and all look a bit taken aback when his appearance is revealed to be far from what they'd been led to believe!

Eldaria
Rivendell

Mar 25 2013, 7:33pm

Post #4 of 11 (587 views)
Shortcut
Speaking of hairstyles [In reply to] Can't Post

When they were showing Martin doing different takes from his scene in the boat, he is sitting between Kili and Nori. Did you notice how Nori's previously perfectly coiffed hair has now become a unruly mess hanging wildly around his head.

“There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep ... that have taken hold.”

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Mar 25 2013, 8:20pm

Post #5 of 11 (513 views)
Shortcut
it's called being in a river for hours on end! ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

--I'm a victim of Bifurcation--

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Mar 25 2013, 8:56pm

Post #6 of 11 (498 views)
Shortcut
And here I thought... [In reply to] Can't Post

Nori was the hot Dwarf! Tongue

'"Never laugh at live dragons, Bilbo you fool!" he said to himself, and it became a favourite saying of his later, and passed into a proverb.'

Spaldron
Rivendell

Mar 25 2013, 11:40pm

Post #7 of 11 (426 views)
Shortcut
My main concern... [In reply to] Can't Post

..is that the Master, judging by the clip of him springing out of bed comedy style like a buffoon seems to have been written more like a character out of Blackadder rather than a Wormtounge type of guy he should be. It doesn't help that the sets resemble Tudor England. I'm probably wrong but we had enough of comic silliness in AUJ and I'm just hoping that TDOS is going to get a little more serious and darker, as TTT did.

"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 26 2013, 7:06am

Post #8 of 11 (368 views)
Shortcut
One thing to consider ... [In reply to] Can't Post

In the vlogs, behind the scene videos and trailers, they always like to show more "comedic" scenes than "serious" scenes. I was worried by the AUJ trailers that it was going to be a laugh-a-minute.

The Master will probably be portrayed as a self righteous buffoon. I doubt there will be much comedy with him. He needs to be nasty, not funny.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 26 2013, 7:10am

Post #9 of 11 (361 views)
Shortcut
Someday when all the movies are out [In reply to] Can't Post

I must put together a series of screencaps chronicling the evolution (and devolution) of Nori's hair. It's one of the little background details that cracks me up. It gets wilder and more ridiculous with every adventure. Someone in the hair department had great fun with that. Laugh

Silverlode

Rohirrim Rider
Rivendell

Mar 26 2013, 1:25pm

Post #10 of 11 (325 views)
Shortcut
Agreed, I love the evolution of Nori's hair [In reply to] Can't Post

One of my favourite small details in AUJ was noticing that, having been woken from his sleep, his usually-fancy hair in Goblin Town has become a bedheaded mess. Lots of other films would have just kept his usual style, I'm glad the hair and make-up team took the time to note this and apply it.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Mar 26 2013, 5:21pm

Post #11 of 11 (313 views)
Shortcut
bedhead, windhead, airhead,... [In reply to] Can't Post

I loved that his (probably ostentatious, kind of like the kid with the oversized mohawk) do was often gone with the wind...

Go outside and play...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.