Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Official *SPOILERS* for DOS Sneak Peek
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Mar 25 2013, 8:01pm

Post #101 of 105 (574 views)
Shortcut
yep, it worries me greatly.... especially when Phillipa Boyens stated very soon after the release of AUJ... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that DoS she assured would be -shorter- or the same length as AUJ.. ...

of course this is before they had even done any proper editing (they still probably haven't edited/finished the majority of it!)

So my bet is that will be longer! No matter what Boyens said hehe Tongue

--I'm a victim of Bifurcation--

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Mar 25 2013, 11:06pm

Post #102 of 105 (514 views)
Shortcut
nice [In reply to] Can't Post

only saw the scene the one time... thanks for the clarification that this was a bird.

I would like it if the shape shifting ability is something else the cinematic Radagast can do.

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere." - Albert Einstein.

nhui06
Rivendell

Mar 26 2013, 4:45pm

Post #103 of 105 (454 views)
Shortcut
My Thoughts [In reply to] Can't Post

I was a bit disappointed in the preview actually. I thought there was way too much filler. the video blogs for AUJ were so much more informative. It was like PJ was struggling to fill an hour without giving away anything for the movie.
Of note: - the motion capture stage with Azog and an orc archer.. wonder which scene is that going to be? Maybe defending Dol Guldur? Ambush in Mirkwood?
Why are the wood elves battling the orcs? Will Thrandruil blame the dwarves for bringing the orcs to his kingdom, and use that as an excuse to lock them up?
Does Legolas have a soft heart for the dwarves? Is he going to go against his father and be the voice of reason?
Wonder why the Bard is being chased like Aladdin in Laketown? PJ mentioned Bard will be like a Robin Hood, so maybe the Master will be portrayed as a greedy bastard, and Bard is on his way to becoming a hero.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 26 2013, 7:13pm

Post #104 of 105 (445 views)
Shortcut
Good questions [In reply to] Can't Post

Those are some good questions and yes I am interested. I like the idea you proposed of Thranduil blaming the dwarves for bringing the Orcs into Mirkwood. That might add an interesting flavor to the whole film. I guess the reason I wasn't disappointed is I wasn't expecting that much honestly. He's going to be doing Vblogs throughout the rest of this year and honestly to give away too much of the film this early would be a mistake. So I guess I was good with it all. I was buying the Blu Ray anyway so for me it was just an extra feature.

I also like your thoughts on Legolas and perhaps him being at odds with his father. I think that sets things up well for FOTR later on.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

TomthePilgrim
Rohan

Apr 3 2013, 5:17pm

Post #105 of 105 (396 views)
Shortcut
They may not try . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

My first thought on the matter would be that they use that as the prolog of DOS . . . Gandalf poking around under the mountains, gathering info, finding some great tidbit of information . . .
. . . and then they show his finding his way into Goblin Town and finding the dwarves in a fix. Insert "Flashback" clips from AUJ of Goblin Town . . .
. . . followed by the dwarves and Gandalf wandering the edges of the forest, with Gandalf finishing up answering questions about how he found them in Goblin Town. He certainly had no chance to explain it at the end of AUJ. . .

That's just one thought.

They could cut it out completely . . .
They could move it to after Gandalf leaves them at the edge of Mirkwood . . .

PJ has played with the story so much already, I imagine that he is willing to move things around in whatever way pleases him . . . whether it makes sense in film or not . . .

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began
Now far ahead the Road has gone
And I must follow, if I can

"Thorin sat up with a start. 'Something is not right,' he muttered to himself as he stood up and
looked towards the mirror . . . . . . . . . 'Durin's bones', he gasped, 'what's happened to my beard?'"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.