Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
For those who have own the DVD/Blu-Ray

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Mar 22 2013, 1:15am

Post #1 of 7 (672 views)
Shortcut
For those who have own the DVD/Blu-Ray Can't Post

Will you be seeing the live event on March 24th? I'm trying to decide if I want to see it. On the one hand, I'm curious, but on the other, I don't want to spoil myself too much. By seeing the first look at The Desolation of Smaug, I'm afraid I will raise the expectations to high, and end up being disappointed when I finally see it. Sorry if I sound emo, I don't mean to. I'm looking forward to the next film, and would just hate to be disappointed by it. What are the rest of you planning to do? Does anyone feel the same way I do? The decision is up to me in the end, but do you recommend seeing this event? Any thoughts are much obliged.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 22 2013, 1:25am

Post #2 of 7 (297 views)
Shortcut
Hi Ziggy [In reply to] Can't Post

I hear what you're saying. I honestly think this will mainly be a teaser of questions being asked to Jackson by those that have submitted them. There may be a little footage here and there but I don't think WB is going to let us see a whole lot. That's just my take. As for me, I'd rather know up front a little bit about what's going on and I will tell you the reason. I don't want to spend the first 20 to 30 minutes of a film thinking "why did they do that? or That's not how the book was or "that's not the way I thought it should be". I want to go in with a clean slate and just enjoy it. So in that respect seeing a little bit (but as you said not too much) is the right way to go for me so I can set my expectations.

I really don't think we will be seeing a whole heck of a lot. They are going to leave stuff for comic con, for the press junkets etc. leading up to DoS. I am going to go ahead and be on and watch it. I am not even convinced to be honest that WB has the chops to pull off this live event smoothly and without a hitch or glitch. That's a lot of people that are going to be online. But I'm going to give it a whirl.

I understand you feelings though completely.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 22 2013, 1:33am

Post #3 of 7 (282 views)
Shortcut
I'm thinking maybe we'll get a [In reply to] Can't Post

production diary vlog out of it as well.

I'll definitely be watching.

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 22 2013, 1:34am

Post #4 of 7 (288 views)
Shortcut
Well I really am not afraid of being disappointed [In reply to] Can't Post

So I am going to watch it, with my son, my BFF and my niece, and we are all quite excited to see anything it has to offer.

I guess if these movies somehow were bombs and totally disappointed me (which is not even close to the reality) then I would shrug and go back to my books. But since FOTR they have made me very happy, so I am confidently hoping for more of the same.

I understand your being undecided - LOTR and TH is close to our hearts as fans, so it is an emotional sort of decision. Know that if you choose NOT to watch, you can always change that decision later on, as it will be available in some form to watch (with our technology.) If checking out the posts here intrigues you, you can do that after the fact too. You have options. So make whatever decision feels right to you on that day - but know it's not irrevocable if you skip it. Best wishes either way!

Hell hath no fury like a Dragon who is missing a cup.

(This post was edited by Brethil on Mar 22 2013, 1:35am)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 22 2013, 1:35am

Post #5 of 7 (254 views)
Shortcut
My feeling too [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah a vlog maybe. Although it's only 20 minutes and with people sending in their own questions Im not sure how much we'll see

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Jeremy
Rivendell

Mar 22 2013, 3:04am

Post #6 of 7 (228 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

I figure it will be "spoiled" one way or another anyway.

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 22 2013, 8:49am

Post #7 of 7 (237 views)
Shortcut
If you rate [In reply to] Can't Post

AUJ, FOTR, TTT and ROTK highly already, I doubt you will be disappointed by DOS. And remember, this is only a preview. It will only contain snippets and brief previews/scenes. You can't judge an entire film on just that.

Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.