Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Live event
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 21 2013, 7:41pm

Post #26 of 42 (381 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, that makes sense. [In reply to] Can't Post

You basically just had to switch the settings for what type of cable you're using i guess. Glad you got it figured out and can now see AUJ in all it's glory!

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 21 2013, 8:21pm

Post #27 of 42 (378 views)
Shortcut
Hooray! Glad you got Coded! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
because I pre-ordered the DVD (won't be released in Germany until April 19th, *sniff*) --- now I have to find a friend with a fairly modern computer since my laptop is so ancient it doesn't play videos smoothly, and a friend who's at home on Sunday evening at 9 p.m. to boot. Wish me luck! Normally, I would've gone to the library and borrowed on of their laptops (they've got a fast internet connection, too) but of course they're closed on Sundays.

And I hope no one tries to steal my code!

Yes, you have to hook up with someone! It's so odd hearing all the various times that this event is for everyone. I do hope we see some worthwhile goodies - I am having friends over to watch too on Sunday (3 pm for me). I hope all goes smoothly for you Angelic.... and wishing you all the luck in the world!

(Granted I know it will be captured and YouTubed, but there is an element of fun in getting it live!)

Hell hath no fury like a Dragon who is missing a cup.

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 21 2013, 8:22pm

Post #28 of 42 (357 views)
Shortcut
I can! [In reply to] Can't Post

and it looks lovely! Now I know what everyone is so happy about!

Ardamr
Valinor

Mar 21 2013, 8:23pm

Post #29 of 42 (368 views)
Shortcut
That made me laugh! [In reply to] Can't Post

Being "coded" means something so completely different to a nurse Laugh

"Now this babe was of greatest beauty; his skin of a shining white and his eyes of a blue surpassing that of the sky in southern lands - bluer than the sapphires of the raiment of Manw; and the envy of Meglin was deep at his birth, but the joy of Turgon and all the people very great indeed." -The Fall of Gondolin

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 21 2013, 8:28pm

Post #30 of 42 (364 views)
Shortcut
Oh, you saw what I did there...! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Being "coded" means something so completely different to a nurse Laugh

Heehee, I know, I am one....! (Little bit of irony in there!) You caught me!Blush

Ardamr
Valinor

Mar 21 2013, 8:40pm

Post #31 of 42 (353 views)
Shortcut
Oh you are!? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wootwoot! Very cool! Smile I'm really just getting started - taking my boards next week. But I did see a couple codes in clinicals.

"Now this babe was of greatest beauty; his skin of a shining white and his eyes of a blue surpassing that of the sky in southern lands - bluer than the sapphires of the raiment of Manw; and the envy of Meglin was deep at his birth, but the joy of Turgon and all the people very great indeed." -The Fall of Gondolin

Wandering Ranger
Rivendell

Mar 21 2013, 8:59pm

Post #32 of 42 (340 views)
Shortcut
I had [In reply to] Can't Post

originally bought the normal edition then I cancelled that since it doesn't come out here till April and bought the UV region free blue ray edition. Does that come with a code?

So Frodo Baggins boarded the great ship and passed on into the west till the sweet fragrance on the air filled his sense and the sound of singing came over the water. Then it seemed to him that, as in a dream, he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country. The third age of Middle Earth was over, the days of the Rings had passed and the story and song of those times was at an end.

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 21 2013, 10:50pm

Post #33 of 42 (313 views)
Shortcut
I think you get a code [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
originally bought the normal edition then I cancelled that since it doesn't come out here till April and bought the UV region free blue ray edition. Does that come with a code?

I think all the BluRay editions should come with a code over by you. Here my regulars had codes too, but I was reading in all the UK threads that its BluRay only. So you should be in the window. It seems some people got an auto email and some people had to rattle their sabers and track down the code with Amazon.

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 21 2013, 10:53pm

Post #34 of 42 (311 views)
Shortcut
Wishing you lots of luck! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Wootwoot! Very cool! Smile I'm really just getting started - taking my boards next week. But I did see a couple codes in clinicals.

The Boards will be the most bizarre test you will ever take, but you will do fine. (Bizarre because you sort of leave asking, what the heck kind of questions were those?!) I am ICU so we often do a couple of codes a day...

Sending you good energy! Congrats for getting there and look forward to congratulating you when you pass! Angelic

Ardamr
Valinor

Mar 21 2013, 11:25pm

Post #35 of 42 (297 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Brethil!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was only able to precept in the ICU one day, but I did enjoy it a lot.

Thanks for all the well-wishes! I'll be sure to let you know when everything is official Smile

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 21 2013, 11:26pm

Post #36 of 42 (294 views)
Shortcut
Definitely! [In reply to] Can't Post

Send me a PM if I'm not lurking about to share your news!

Ardamr
Valinor

Mar 21 2013, 11:27pm

Post #37 of 42 (281 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, I will! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Verbal_Daggers
The Shire

Mar 21 2013, 11:35pm

Post #38 of 42 (289 views)
Shortcut
Isn't it at 8 p.m.? [In reply to] Can't Post

That's what it says in my e-mail at least ;) Cheers.

Can't wait for the sneak peak :D

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Mar 22 2013, 12:17am

Post #39 of 42 (303 views)
Shortcut
for those who wish to see the trailer but haven't bought the dvd/blu-ray [In reply to] Can't Post

...perhaps some "trailer parties" can be planned.

i realize this won't be an option for many, but perhaps it will help some out.

i don't think it's stealing or cheating to have company over to watch the trailer. rather, i think that's in the spirit of the thing.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 22 2013, 12:38am

Post #40 of 42 (271 views)
Shortcut
Bring it on! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am loving the Hobbit Buffet. I want to sample all of it!

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

kiwifan
Rohan

Mar 22 2013, 1:43am

Post #41 of 42 (256 views)
Shortcut
You're correct, in Germany the sneak peek is at 8 p.m. [In reply to] Can't Post

and I'll correct it in my appointments calendar immediately. Thanks for the hint!

I'm going to see it at my Japanese friend's place --- she'll be putting her kids to bed at that time and since this always takes about an hour and a half, I expect I'll be watching it alone and with a headset so in case the kids are noisy they won't disturb me (I don't mind kids yelling except during such an occasion!). But she says she hopes it will all be on youtube soon in case Legolas is in it...

macfalk
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 6:32am

Post #42 of 42 (304 views)
Shortcut
I got ripped off [In reply to] Can't Post

"You can choose to buy it or not."

Nope, not where I live. WB has really dropped the ball on this one, the worldwide distribution of the DVDs and bluray has suffered from horrible planning.

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

(This post was edited by macfalk on Mar 22 2013, 6:34am)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.