A Few Nitpicks
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Ardamírë
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 12:00am

Post #51 of 65 (308 views)
Shortcut
Visual [In reply to] Can't Post

The visual aspect of it works great. It's sad to see Thranduil not helping the dwarves. But story wise it doesn't make any sense at all.

"Now this babe was of greatest beauty; his skin of a shining white and his eyes of a blue surpassing that of the sky in southern lands - bluer than the sapphires of the raiment of Manwë; and the envy of Meglin was deep at his birth, but the joy of Turgon and all the people very great indeed." -The Fall of Gondolin

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 12:56am

Post #52 of 65 (293 views)
Shortcut
No headache [In reply to] Can't Post

Does it fit with the written history? No, it doesn't. Does it bother me that they went this route to show a dislike? No, it doesn't. It works within what they could do. For me personally it just wasn't a big deal. I was personally like ok that's fine and thought Erebor looks awesome.

imin
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 1:01am

Post #53 of 65 (283 views)
Shortcut
Yeah aint that big a deal [In reply to] Can't Post

Though this thread is called a few nitpicks, lol. Overall it didn't ruin the prologue for me or anything, i just think it could have been written better but it is what it is - like you say Erebor looks awesome, as does Dale - wish i could live there - pre Smaug of course!

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 1:08am

Post #54 of 65 (276 views)
Shortcut
Indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd like live in either of those myself before Smaug as well. Both of them look stunning.

imin
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 1:13am

Post #55 of 65 (273 views)
Shortcut
Oh just thought [In reply to] Can't Post

with Erebor inside being basically a massive cave (well carved though) - just imagine standing where the throne is and then bungee jumping off, would be awesome! - Would just have to mind your head on those massive hammer things that crash together, lol.

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 1:21am

Post #56 of 65 (284 views)
Shortcut
Afraid of heights [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be my big issue in Erebor. lol I'd really hope they have rails along most of the walk way because I'm afraid I'd fall and kill myself.

imin
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 1:27am

Post #57 of 65 (270 views)
Shortcut
We could go bungee jumping together then! [In reply to] Can't Post

That way it would be fun and 'cure' you of your phobia! Smile

Well that or scar you for life, lol.

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 1:38am

Post #58 of 65 (267 views)
Shortcut
I'm gonna need some [In reply to] Can't Post

Drugs or something to help me even get to that point. When I fly I stay away from the window. So if we could work that out it could happen. lol

imin
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 1:44am

Post #59 of 65 (263 views)
Shortcut
Well Brethil and I could sedate you, haha [In reply to] Can't Post

Fly you over sedated, get you hooked up on the bungee then wake you up just in time to jump off with me, lol. Though we may lose our licences to practice Tongue - i will bring a consent form, lol

Nah i feel bad for you, it can't be easy feeling like that when in situations you can't avoid - flying. I don't really know how you can go about feeling better from it - do you get a feeling like you will fall off - my mum his afraid of heights but she gets this weird feeling she will jump off/fall off.

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 2:09am

Post #60 of 65 (267 views)
Shortcut
Sounds good [In reply to] Can't Post

Ill sign it and at least I won't know what's going on until its too late.

As a whole I'm comfortable when flying when I sit near the middle. If I look out the window it's just more of a man that's a long way down. I get a worse feeling when looking over a rail that's on a high floor. Which probably seems odd. Yeah, when I look over a rail I get a feeling like I might fall over it. It's just a slight sensation but it does cause me to back up.

imin
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 2:21am

Post #61 of 65 (257 views)
Shortcut
Oh ok [In reply to] Can't Post

from how you describe it my mum could be a bit worse, so that's good for you i guess, lol.

I will post the consent the moth can deliver it to you Tongue

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 2:31am

Post #62 of 65 (253 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, if she's worse than I am I feel bad for her. I don't enjoy it for myself. lol

Awesome! I will keep an eye out for it. Cool

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 22 2013, 3:12am

Post #63 of 65 (253 views)
Shortcut
As long as I can sign off on the paperwork as "Brethil".... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Fly you over sedated, get you hooked up on the bungee then wake you up just in time to jump off with me, lol. Though we may lose our licences to practice Tongue - i will bring a consent form, lol -

. .....and not my licensed name, sure! Smile I hate heights myself though. That little space in the door of an elevator makes me dizzy and Soarin' in Disney made me cry. Pathetic really!

Hell hath no fury like a Dragon who is missing a cup.

(This post was edited by Brethil on Mar 22 2013, 3:18am)

imin
Valinor

Mar 22 2013, 3:36am

Post #64 of 65 (238 views)
Shortcut
Haha sure [In reply to] Can't Post

I will sign off as Imin as well :P

Though if you want you can go with Elessar on the bungee ? Tongue 'Cure' you as well at the same time, lol.

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 22 2013, 11:12am

Post #65 of 65 (294 views)
Shortcut
**shivering** NEVER! No bungees for me! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I will sign off as Imin as well :P

Though if you want you can go with Elessar on the bungee ? Tongue 'Cure' you as well at the same time, lol. I used to close my eyes when in the LOTR EE's they were doing such insane things...not a fan of avoidable danger! I'm incurable.

Hell hath no fury like a Dragon who is missing a cup.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.