Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Video Blog differences on the Blu-ray

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Mar 20 2013, 8:42pm

Post #1 of 11 (1286 views)
Shortcut
Video Blog differences on the Blu-ray Can't Post

Did anybody else notice that the video blogs on the Blu-ray/DVD are different from the online versions. They've unblurred a couple things (that they didn't want us to see back then) and also replaced a lot of the music cues with material from The Hobbit. Smile

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 20 2013, 8:45pm

Post #2 of 11 (642 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

I did notice that. they also put in some film footage from the film itself.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 20 2013, 8:49pm

Post #3 of 11 (591 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, didn't notice that. [In reply to] Can't Post

Though by the time i got to those last night i was pretty groggy. What were some of the bigger differences?

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Mar 21 2013, 12:31am

Post #4 of 11 (403 views)
Shortcut
BTW, did we know that Michael Pellerin directed these? [In reply to] Can't Post

Which is not surprising given the expert work of the LotR documentaries, of which these reminded me from day 1. He also did the Exclusive Documentary on the Best Buy Edition.

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

Owain
Tol Eressea

Mar 21 2013, 1:00am

Post #5 of 11 (432 views)
Shortcut
Michael Pellerin... [In reply to] Can't Post

Indeed, he and his crew have done a wonderful job documenting the journeys for the LOTR trilogy and now The Hobbit.

That is no small or easy task. Being a wallflower and getting so many great moments... props to them!

Smile

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 21 2013, 1:11am

Post #6 of 11 (360 views)
Shortcut
He also did the doc on the Best Buy blu-ray, [In reply to] Can't Post

A Hobbits Tale: The Journey Begins.

Moahunter
Rohan

Mar 21 2013, 7:40am

Post #7 of 11 (300 views)
Shortcut
Which is up on Youtube....... [In reply to] Can't Post

or at least it was the last time I looked a few hours ago.

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Mar 21 2013, 10:14am

Post #8 of 11 (263 views)
Shortcut
A short piece on Michael's Hobbit work [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.trailerpark.com/...ing-partnership.aspx

and my photos of him at work at the TORn/ Red Carpet Tours party in Wellington. Michael at far left.

And with colleague Kylie Plunkett. These two appear as silent shadows on and off set - and at premier parties - and go stealthily about their work. It pays to remember that one can be on even when one is not on. They're everywhere! They're everywhere!
Laugh

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Mar 21 2013, 10:17am)

Brego93
The Shire

Mar 21 2013, 12:25pm

Post #9 of 11 (212 views)
Shortcut
Where!? [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't find it :(.

"I don't know half of you as half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you as well as you deserve"

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Mar 21 2013, 4:00pm

Post #10 of 11 (164 views)
Shortcut
yep I noticed [In reply to] Can't Post

but was overall very disappointed in the lack of special features. Seems as.much effort went into the film there could have been more. Hopefully the EE will have more bonus stuff

Moahunter
Rohan

Mar 22 2013, 3:54am

Post #11 of 11 (89 views)
Shortcut
The links have been posted at least twice in different recent threads......... [In reply to] Can't Post

and disappeared both times.
I guess our overzealous staffers don't want to upset BigBusiness.
I'll PM the links to you.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.