Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DoS preview code from Amazon.com (US) ?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 12 2013, 8:40pm

Post #26 of 32 (115 views)
Shortcut
Favorite Cover [In reply to] Can't Post

I did end up loving several of them. I did let the ones from Best Buy go despsite liking that they went the lenticular route (I may get them down the road when they go on the cheap). Wal-Mart did the digibook with a cover I like (Really just wanted the digibook) but they also and this really sold me seperate mini 3D lenticular posters from Comic-Con. Amazon has the regular cover that is my avatar and they also have the Gandalf 3D lenticular cover (those are the other two I got). However, my choise would have been that poster image that China or Japan got for their movie poster (we've seen an all english version of it someplace). That would have been my #1 and would have been in the same vein as what we saw with The Lord of the Rings. I want the EE of The Hobbit to use the cover similar to what was on the special edition OST which would fit within the EE looks for The Lord of the Rings. I'm with ya I'd love an official announcement soon and maybe we'll get one when they do the special screening on the 24th of this month.

Ardamr
Valinor

Mar 12 2013, 9:08pm

Post #27 of 32 (107 views)
Shortcut
Covers [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think I've seen the Japanese cover yet. I'll have to find it and take a look. I did love the lenticular posters from Comic-con, but I don't think they work very well for DVD covers, since they're all of single characters. Yes, the OST special edition cover was gorgeous, and I really hope the EE looks somewhat like that. I really doubt we'll get an EE announcement any time soon, though. They're rightfully focusing on the TE promotion. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get an announcement like that until the end of summer unfortunately.

"Now this babe was of greatest beauty; his skin of a shining white and his eyes of a blue surpassing that of the sky in southern lands - bluer than the sapphires of the raiment of Manw; and the envy of Meglin was deep at his birth, but the joy of Turgon and all the people very great indeed." -The Fall of Gondolin

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 12 2013, 11:26pm

Post #28 of 32 (94 views)
Shortcut
Best of the Middle-Earth covers [In reply to] Can't Post

for me was for the standard EEs of the three LOTR films. They unfold in a long strip and have lovely illustrations inside. They look like quality designs. I hope we get something like that for the Hobbit EEs, all in a consistent style.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2013, 12:36am

Post #29 of 32 (87 views)
Shortcut
I loved those [In reply to] Can't Post

Those were my favorites too

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 13 2013, 4:29am

Post #30 of 32 (74 views)
Shortcut
More covering [In reply to] Can't Post

Its pretty sweet. Such a missed chance by WB to use it here in the US and UK for posters or the BR/DVD. Well, I think that's why they went with only a certain characters like Gandalf, Bilbo, etc. I do love how Wal-Mart did them and they're basically just mini-posters well done like they would be at Comic-Con. Nice! Glad someone else is on the same plane as me with that one. I agree. I think Comic-Con is when we get an official announcement.

Ardamr
Valinor

Mar 13 2013, 4:55am

Post #31 of 32 (71 views)
Shortcut
Missed chance [In reply to] Can't Post

I really don't know why we never got a wonderful collage poster like with LOTR. Oh well. Maybe for the next two movies.

Comic-con does seem like a likely opportunity to announce it. We shall see.

"Now this babe was of greatest beauty; his skin of a shining white and his eyes of a blue surpassing that of the sky in southern lands - bluer than the sapphires of the raiment of Manw; and the envy of Meglin was deep at his birth, but the joy of Turgon and all the people very great indeed." -The Fall of Gondolin

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 13 2013, 1:40pm

Post #32 of 32 (79 views)
Shortcut
Agreed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, they kind of messed that one up. I'm like you I hope they fix that for the next two.

Let's hope. Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.