The treasure in Erebor and the treasure in OZ

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Mar 10 2013, 6:27pm

Post #1 of 9 (758 views)
Shortcut
The treasure in Erebor and the treasure in OZ Can't Post

Hey there!
I saw the trailer of OZ and man the treasure that appears there is almost the same design and shape than the Erebor´s treasure chamber that we have seen in AUJ!

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 10 2013, 6:44pm

Post #2 of 9 (478 views)
Shortcut
You mean ... [In reply to] Can't Post

In this trailer? Can't see any resemblance, if I'm honest. Looks likea generic pile of gold. If anything, they've copied Scrooge McDuck.

Arannir
Valinor

Mar 10 2013, 6:52pm

Post #3 of 9 (430 views)
Shortcut
No worries... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I have already watched the Oz movie and although it is similar, the overall setting is so different that it is not that big of a deal.

Although it is one of the few sets in Oz I did not find completely ugly to look at, it has the same gummi-bear nightmare feel to it like the rest of this movie.

Lissuin
Valinor

Mar 10 2013, 7:34pm

Post #4 of 9 (384 views)
Shortcut
In the trailer it does look similar. [In reply to] Can't Post

The green columns of the Emerald City look like Erebor, and the hill of gold is very like the final scene of AUJ. Perhaps there's a new special computer program for hoards of gold?Sly

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 10 2013, 8:38pm

Post #5 of 9 (361 views)
Shortcut
At least PJ got his version [In reply to] Can't Post

of a vast treasure chamber out to the public first this time. Remember how, with the Dead King, he was beaten to the cool design of dead/cursed-folk-who-change-to-reveal-the-skeleton-beneath by Pirates of the Caribbean?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

mefansmum
Rivendell

Mar 11 2013, 7:02am

Post #6 of 9 (254 views)
Shortcut
It depends on what you treasure [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw this in a review for Oz and this could not be a more opposite situation than what exists in The Hobbit with Bilbo and Thorin IMO.

But there's a shallowness to even this children's story, where bravado and trickery are valued as much as courage and integrity. Hey kids, you don't really need to have that much faith in yourself, you just need to get everyone else to believe in you. Maybe it works with Munchkins.

Even though Bilbo understood why others would doubt him, I think he had inner faith in himself, and he and Thorin (at least in this movie Wink ) had courage and integrity aplenty.

Arannir
Valinor

Mar 11 2013, 7:12am

Post #7 of 9 (274 views)
Shortcut
The main issue with OZ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... is its main character. Sure, the ambiguity of the character could have been very interesting... but 1) James Franco never really convinced me for one second (a shame, he is usually a really good actor... but this is not his material imho) and 2) his change for the better is so extremely over-emphasized yet totally predictable that it can really not be much more than a children's Disney movie... without coming close to classics like Beauty & Beast or Aladdin.

The source material here really only serves for some "aha" moments without caring much about it.

I had rather seen a movie version of Gregory Maguire's Wicked to be honest.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Mar 11 2013, 7:15am)

Rostron2
Gondor

Mar 11 2013, 3:37pm

Post #8 of 9 (216 views)
Shortcut
I thought [In reply to] Can't Post

They looked completely different. Thror's gold looked much more real, whereas they weren't trying to be real with the gold in Oz.

Rane
Bree

Mar 12 2013, 2:53am

Post #9 of 9 (178 views)
Shortcut
National Treasure [In reply to] Can't Post

That was the only movie I thought of.

Photobucket

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.