Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Just one little point

Súlimë
Rivendell

Mar 8 2013, 5:55am

Views: 90
Shortcut
Just one little point [In reply to] Can't Post

Great post, btw! :)

The most striking bit of soundtrack during the first viewing of AUJ (apart from the lovely Misty Mountain and dwarves' theme) was what I personally call the "Heroic Hobbit"

This is when Bilbo made a mad dash to save Thorin at the end and at that moment it seemed the Hobbit theme was first heard in 'heroic mode', which was a very lovely touch. I'm looking forward to it being developed further in the two other movies!

Not sure if this is correct though...Blush

I also like 'tease's, like how the Gondor theme was suggested at throughout FotR and we finally hear it in its full majesty in RotK. I'm looking forward to discovering things like this once the two movies come out.

Subject User Time
Ro's been thinking, and ha! It's not what you expect: Thoughts on the AUJ score Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Mar 7 2013, 10:48am
    I just wish... Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Mar 7 2013, 11:22am
    I'm working on starting a website to collect some really basic information about the soundtrack... Earl Send a private message to Earl Mar 7 2013, 12:35pm
        I'm glad to hear this! Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 8 2013, 12:36am
        As soon as you've got Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Mar 8 2013, 1:47am
            Okay Ro that's it... Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Mar 8 2013, 1:53am
                Glad to be Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Mar 8 2013, 3:57am
    Thanks for thinking again, Ro! Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green Mar 7 2013, 2:36pm
        The Descending Third theme... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 8 2013, 12:34am
            Thanks Magpie! Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green Mar 8 2013, 1:33am
    Magpie... swordwhale Send a private message to swordwhale Mar 7 2013, 8:38pm
    Absolutely no one sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Mar 7 2013, 9:19pm
        Oh I can think of a few things that are worse. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Mar 8 2013, 12:08am
    Thoughts nowhere near as detailed as yours Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Mar 8 2013, 4:47am
    Just one little point Súlimë Send a private message to Súlimë Mar 8 2013, 5:55am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.