Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Thanks for posting this,

sauget.diblosio
Grey Havens

Mar 11 2013, 9:05pm

Views: 69
Shortcut
Thanks for posting this, [In reply to] Can't Post

it was a very interesting read.

While i'm glad Boorman went on to Excalibur, a film that i love, i'm sooo glad he passed on LotR-- some of that sounds too weird.

It's been so long since i've seen the Bakshi version, but i remember thinking it was pretty cool, if a tad confusing, when i saw it as a freshman in high school in the eighties (on VHS!). Is it really as bad as people say? I guess it's time to see it again...

Subject User Time
Earlier Attempts to write a Screenplay Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Mar 1 2013, 1:37pm
    Ugh. Things could have been a lot worse, it appears CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Mar 1 2013, 2:22pm
    Good god Radagast-Aiwendil Send a private message to Radagast-Aiwendil Mar 1 2013, 5:32pm
        It sounds... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Mar 1 2013, 5:37pm
    What if Tolkien actually got to see Jackson's Version? Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Mar 2 2013, 5:04am
        I think... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Mar 2 2013, 9:43am
            I think he would have tolerated it DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 2 2013, 10:27am
                I could see that... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Mar 2 2013, 10:41am
                    It works (to some extent) for modern-day writers though. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 2 2013, 10:53am
                        I don't deny... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Mar 2 2013, 11:14am
                            Oh, we do agree DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 2 2013, 11:23am
    A dream or a nightmare Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Mar 4 2013, 2:43pm
    wow! andwise Send a private message to andwise Mar 6 2013, 2:19pm
    Am I a bad fan for wanting to see the Boorman version? demnation Send a private message to demnation Mar 6 2013, 11:57pm
    Thanks for posting this, sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Mar 11 2013, 9:05pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.