Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I DEMAND 3 HOUR TABA (and DOS AT LEAST as long as AUJ)
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 1 2013, 10:57pm

Post #26 of 43 (176 views)
Shortcut
You know what would make this even more confusing .... [In reply to] Can't Post

˙ooʇ sႡ!ʇ pәɐɹ uɐɔ su!әɹpɟ ɹonʎ ɟ! әәs iʇʇuɐɹoɯd! sɐʍ ƃdu!ႨәႨs ʇonႡႡƃʇ sɐʎႨʍɐ ! puɐ Ⴁәɐʎ ¿ႡnႡ 'ƃ!ɯuzɐɐ ˙әႡoႨʍ ɐ sɐ poɹʍ әႡʇ ʇnq 'ɟәႨʇs! ʎq ɹәәʇʇႨ ʎәʌɹә pәɐɹ ʇou soәp p!uɯ uɯɐnႡ әႡʇ әɐәsɔnq s! sႡ!ʇ ˙ɯႨɹәoqd ɐ ʇ!ʇnoႡʍ ʇ! pәɐɹ ႨႨʇ!s uɐɔ noʎ puɐ sәsɯ Ⴈʇoɐʇ ɐ әq uɐɔ ʇәsɹ әႡʇ ˙әɐႨɔd ʇ!ƃႡɹ әႡʇ u! әq ɹәәʇʇႨ ʇɐsႨ puɐ ʇ!sɹɟ әႡʇ ʇႡɐʇ s! ƃuႡ!ʇ ʇuʇɯɐodɹ! ʎuႨo әႡʇ 'әɹɐ poɹʍ ɐ u! sʇәɹәʇႨ әႡʇ ɹɹәpo ʇႡɐʍ u! ɹәɐʇʇɯ ʇ,ouәsp ʇ! 'ʎs!ʇʌɹәu!n әpƃ!ɹqɐɯɔ ʇɐ Ⴁɐɹɔәәsɹ oʇ ƃ!uɹɔpɔoɐ 'p!uɯ uɐnɯႡ әႡʇ ɟo ɹoәʍd әɹ!Ⴈqәpuɔ! әႡʇ ƃs!un ˙ƃә!ɐupɹ sɐʍ ! ʇႡɐʍ pɹuuɐʇpsәn ʎʇႨɔɐႨnɐ poႨnɔ ! ʇႡɐʇ әә!әႨʌq ʇ,onpuɔ !

imin
Valinor

Mar 1 2013, 11:03pm

Post #27 of 43 (169 views)
Shortcut
lol i can actually still read it :P [In reply to] Can't Post

though i have to turn my laptop upside down, though i think it helps that i know what it said originally.

How easy was it for you to read? As its meant to be as easy as reading correctly spelt words.

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 1 2013, 11:09pm

Post #28 of 43 (161 views)
Shortcut
I've seen it before [In reply to] Can't Post

I think once you've read it once, it is a lot easier the second time round.

Daft question coming up....

I wonder if this works in all languages that use the Latin alphabet, and not just in English?

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Mar 1 2013, 11:10pm)

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Mar 1 2013, 11:09pm

Post #29 of 43 (158 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, show-off. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

I have absolutely no idea how you just turned that post upside-down. I can only imagine you typed while standing on your head.

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 1 2013, 11:16pm

Post #30 of 43 (157 views)
Shortcut
It's the way forward Ro. [In reply to] Can't Post

And quite exhilarating. Come on everyone, on your heads.

Linked for being too big: click here

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Mar 1 2013, 11:18pm)

Kirly
Lorien

Mar 1 2013, 11:45pm

Post #31 of 43 (150 views)
Shortcut
So is proper [In reply to] Can't Post

Spelling if one wishes to be understood.

My avatar photo is Lake Tekapo in New Zealand's South Island. Taken by me in 2004 on a Red Carpet Tours LOTR Movie Location Tour. 'Twas the Vacation of a Lifetime!

pictures taken while on the tour are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Kirly7/LOTRNewZealandTour#

imin
Valinor

Mar 1 2013, 11:49pm

Post #32 of 43 (142 views)
Shortcut
Oh you spoil sport! :P [In reply to] Can't Post

Having seen it before! lol. I have no idea if it is the same for other Latin based languages - i am sure others here will know the answer though.

The one you posted looked like you had written it in South Georgia :P

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 2 2013, 12:25am

Post #33 of 43 (136 views)
Shortcut
I cheated! [In reply to] Can't Post

I googled "turn text upside down" and clicked on the first link. Laugh

If you use basic editor, you have to make sure post style is HTML or Markup/HTML for it to work.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 2 2013, 1:12am

Post #34 of 43 (135 views)
Shortcut
OMG, Ro. [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish we had the old Mods Up button. You would be at a 5 with that post. LOLOL!

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Mar 2 2013, 1:45am

Post #35 of 43 (145 views)
Shortcut
I ABSOLUTELY Agree. I heard Phillpa say that Desolation might be shorter and thought. . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

Thrain, Beorn, Azog (unfortunately not dead yet, but hopefully by the end), Mirkwood, Dol Guldor, Spiders, Thranduil and his Elves, Laketown, The White Council, Smaug, More Dol Guldur and more Smaug. . . . I don't think 2 hours and 30 minutes is going to cut it. Now. . . if it features wrong things like Tauriel killing Smaug, or Gandalf getting beaten down by Nazgul (or failing to display some kick ass magic when confronting them) I might change my mind and say it was at least two scenes too damned long. But otherwise. . . more please.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Mar 2 2013, 11:16pm)

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Mar 2 2013, 1:54am

Post #36 of 43 (122 views)
Shortcut
I was able to read this in the format you used, after taking a moment to assure that [In reply to] Can't Post

it was indeed entirely upside down. I didn't need to flip my screen, but I must say it does not help that the Ls and the Hs are both replaced by cubic zeros.

In Reply To
¢«ooʇ sႡ!ʇ pәɐɹ uɐɔ su!әɹpɟ ɹonʎ ɟ! әәs iʇʇuɐɹoɯd! sɐʍ ƃdu!ႨәႨs ʇonႡႡƃʇ sɐʎႨʍɐ ! puɐ Ⴁәɐʎ ¢¯ႡnႡ 'ƃ!ɯuzɐɐ ¢«әႡoႨʍ ɐ sɐ poɹʍ әႡʇ ʇnq 'ɟәႨʇs! ʎq ɹәәʇʇႨ ʎәʌɹә pәɐɹ ʇou soәp p!uɯ uɯɐnႡ әႡʇ әɐәsɔnq s! sႡ!ʇ ¢«ɯႨɹәoqd ɐ ʇ!ʇnoႡʍ ʇ! pәɐɹ ႨႨʇ!s uɐɔ noʎ puɐ sәsɯ Ⴈʇoɐʇ ɐ әq uɐɔ ʇәsɹ әႡʇ ¢«әɐႨɔd ʇ!ƃႡɹ әႡʇ u! әq ɹәәʇʇႨ ʇɐsႨ puɐ ʇ!sɹɟ әႡʇ ʇႡɐʇ s! ƃuႡ!ʇ ʇuʇɯɐodɹ! ʎuႨo әႡʇ 'әɹɐ poɹʍ ɐ u! sʇәɹәʇႨ әႡʇ ɹɹәpo ʇႡɐʍ u! ɹәɐʇʇɯ ʇ,ouәsp ʇ! 'ʎs!ʇʌɹәu!n әpƃ!ɹqɐɯɔ ʇɐ Ⴁɐɹɔәәsɹ oʇ ƃ!uɹɔpɔoɐ 'p!uɯ uɐnɯႡ әႡʇ ɟo ɹoәʍd әɹ!Ⴈqәpuɔ! әႡʇ ƃs!un ¢«ƃә!ɐupɹ sɐʍ ! ʇႡɐʍ pɹuuɐʇpsәn ʎʇႨɔɐႨnɐ poႨnɔ ! ʇႡɐʇ әә!әႨʌq ʇ,onpuɔ !

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Longbottom Leaf
Lorien

Mar 2 2013, 2:20am

Post #37 of 43 (105 views)
Shortcut
That's so cool !! // [In reply to] Can't Post

The finest weed in the southfarthing!

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Mar 2 2013, 2:20am

Post #38 of 43 (109 views)
Shortcut
If you can go forward while doing *that*, more power to you. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd like to see your way backwards, too. Might be even more entertaining.

Wink

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Mar 2 2013, 2:26am

Post #39 of 43 (104 views)
Shortcut
Not that daft. [In reply to] Can't Post

I just posed your query to Mr. Ro (who's a bit of a professional linguist) and he thought it wouldn't work so well in languages (such as German) that have words inflected at the beginning or end. He'd have to explain the nuances though.

Kimtc
Rohan

Mar 2 2013, 2:29am

Post #40 of 43 (110 views)
Shortcut
Luckily she's not the editor. Or the director. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think PJ tends to put in more, rather than less. Except when it came the the Faramir/Eowyn story, which I still haven't forgiven him for Mad

As for the other posts here, I need my special National Treasure eyeglasses. I'm so confused....

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 2 2013, 10:46am

Post #41 of 43 (75 views)
Shortcut
Does that mean ... [In reply to] Can't Post

So it wouldn't work well (if at all) in Spanish, French, Italian and so on. But could possibly work in Norwegian, maybe Icelandic? Welsh would be a nightmare. They just randomly place letters already! Wink

It's definitely worth an experiment. My Spanish isn't good enough to try it. Any foreign language speaking TORn folk have any idea/care to give it a try?

Smile

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Mar 2 2013, 3:37pm

Post #42 of 43 (59 views)
Shortcut
Half-Assed Edits [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
i just dont want to see these films become harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban/goblet of fire (thank GOD Cauron didnt take it) mainstream freidnly runtime over substance seriously those not as familiar with potter go red the goblet of fire novel and then watch the film immedatly after and witness the mess wb made of it thnak GOD for raplh finnes brilliant performance at the end as that other dark lord otherwsie the iflm would have been a comoplete disaster i ant jacksons full vision realized wether its 180 mins or 90 i dont want a half-assed edit just for the purpose of a mainstream-friendly runtime

Considering the direction of this thread, and the irony of the bolded portion of the quoted text, I'd just like to ask if "half-assed edits" include a profound lack of punctuation and orthography?

(This post was edited by JWPlatt on Mar 2 2013, 3:42pm)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Mar 2 2013, 3:42pm

Post #43 of 43 (56 views)
Shortcut
The funny thing is... [In reply to] Can't Post

Some of his/her posts, which are all like this one, have been edited.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.