Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
dragon sickness - can someone please explain?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 2 2013, 8:41am

Post #26 of 28 (82 views)
Shortcut
I guess TDS could also stand for Thorin Deprivation Syndrome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold"

Cirashala
Grey Havens

Mar 2 2013, 10:39pm

Post #27 of 28 (71 views)
Shortcut
thorin sickness [In reply to] Can't Post

With regards to the "Thorin sickness" that you my dear very much have Wink:

I think it depends on the age range of the person who watches as to what dwarves they tend to, shall we say for the sake of argument, admire.

I for one am only 26 (and yes female), so I tend to gravitate towards Fili and Kili simply because I find them to be more relatable in terms of their youth, their eagerness for adventure, their mischievousness (which I have quite the mischievous streak myself Wink just ask my many victims!), their need to prove their worth to their uncle, and their brave (but sometimes rash and inexperienced) actions. I also admire the very present very close brotherly bond they share (I have two sisters who are so close in age that I don't remember NOT having two and I am the oldest, but because there were three we weren't nearly as close as these two-I tended to be the odd one out and as such I think that I try to find that sibling bond with them because I wish desperately that my sister could have been my best friend and wonder what that would be like). They were also my favorites in the book as well long before I ever saw their photos. Although I can't help but say they are very easy on the eyes (could avoid the braided mustache though).

I won't ask a lady her age obviously, and while I admire movie Thorin and his motivations, I don't typically go for the brooding type (although I will agree with you that he does have rather nice hair-for an older man lol Smile)

I love the dwarves- all of them. I think PJ&co did a phenomenal job with them!

Half Elven Daughter of Celethian of the Woodland Realm

dik-dik
Lorien

Mar 2 2013, 10:56pm

Post #28 of 28 (75 views)
Shortcut
Re: [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
You mean you haven't succumbed to the Thorin sickness yourself? Aha, you're clearly male. Wink I think you'll see plenty of evidence of the Thorin sickness around here.

LOL, no, I'm a girl... just not a fangirl, I guess. ;)

In Reply To
And for what it's worth, there isn't a way to reply to a whole thread (unless you just reply to the original post) -- you always have to reply to individual posts. Smile

Thanks!

In Reply To
I'm looking forward to seeing how much explanation we get in the movies for what causes dragon-sickness. Richard Armitage has suggested it's akin to an addiction, like something a drug addict would experience. I think he's going to give us a spectacular performance. Can't wait!

That should be a strong scene to watch. (*spoiler following*, I guess? For whoever hasn't read the book yet.) Meaning the Gate scene. As long as there's no warts in the face or whatever, nor Thorin actually hitting Bilbo (I'm worried that the latter might be there...), I'm awaiting that scene with trepidation. This one, and the repentance one - they stood out for me in the books, and I feel very strongly about them. I'll keep my fingers crossed they get them right!
I'll see them as a test of acting skills as well, because I've never seen this actor in anything before. :)

"A journalist once asked me what I would like my epitaph to be and I said I think I would like it to be 'He did very little harm'. And that's not easy. Most people seem to me to do a great deal of harm. If I could be remembered as having done very little, that would suit me." ~ Paul Eddington

(This post was edited by dik-dik on Mar 2 2013, 11:00pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.