Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Dan Hennah enjoys Oscar ceremony, One Expected Party

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Feb 27 2013, 12:14am

Post #1 of 9 (311 views)
Shortcut
Dan Hennah enjoys Oscar ceremony, One Expected Party Can't Post

Ra-Simon-Dan-HobbitDan Hennah talked Oscars with the Nelson Mail (part of the Stuff.co.nz network) after the awards ceremony and the One Expected Party where he rated the official ceremony as the best of the five he has attended. He visited the Governor's Ball and along with his wife Chris (who managed the production team on set (and was kind to TheOneRing.net embedded reporter) attended our own celebratory events afterwards. Along with the Hennahs at the party were production nominees Ra Vincent and Simon Bright (both for set decoration) and the article mentions them as well. Nelson, in New Zealand, is where the Hennahs are from, making the Academy Award winners part of the native Kiwi population, along with Peter Jackson and Richard Taylor that sprung from New Zealand soil and stand among the best in the world at their craft.

The article starts, " Dan Hennah may not have picked up another Oscar to add to the one in the dining room in his Orinoco home but he still had a great time at yesterday's Oscar ceremony in Los Angeles.

The Hobbit, for which Hennah was nominated for production design, lost to Lincoln in that category. Hennah said Lincoln was "a beautiful movie and it was well executed. It got what it deserved". "

You can read the rest right here.

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 27 2013, 6:24pm

Post #2 of 9 (167 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the info [In reply to] Can't Post

Such a big fan of Dan's. One of those people it would be amazing to have dinner with.

...she took the point at once, but she also took the spoons.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 28 2013, 5:59pm

Post #3 of 9 (146 views)
Shortcut
The Party-goers really did come unglued [In reply to] Can't Post

when our Kiwi Fellowship appeared at the Party! We are SO proud of them and what they've accomplished. It's especially thrilling that they would all come to our Party and give us the chance to let them know how much they mean to us... and a chance for them to receive the appreciation from us that they so much deserve!

*hands still hurt from applause*

What a thrill to see them! The statues are an honour to receive, but we're WAY beyond whether cast and crew are carrying gold or not. THEY are our treasure!

Second draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated list coming soon

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

elaen32
Gondor

Feb 28 2013, 6:13pm

Post #4 of 9 (143 views)
Shortcut
Sounds really cool Gramma!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Inspires me to save up my pennies to come over to LA for the next one! Still , its a long way and a lot of pennies for a party. But there is another year......* thinks better start doing the lottery again*

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold"

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Feb 28 2013, 7:15pm

Post #5 of 9 (131 views)
Shortcut
So... [In reply to] Can't Post

when are we going to get moot reports from those who attended? (A bit of pity, please, on those who wish to attend vicariously!)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

elentari3018
Lorien

Mar 1 2013, 5:11am

Post #6 of 9 (121 views)
Shortcut
That's awesome that he was there! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad this fandom really unites eveeryone and so glad that the staff from The Hobbit come to be with fellow fans... that is what makes the movie and its actors and producers so cool. They are so personable! I love that he was humble to say that LIncoln deserved Production Design. :) Lincoln was a good movie but production design could've been for The Hobbit, imho....
but Hennah is so cool to say that.

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 2 2013, 6:39am

Post #7 of 9 (108 views)
Shortcut
I'm working on mine, now :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't get home until late on Tuesday, and you know me... blahbitty-blah-blah ;)

I took about 200 pics, but only about 120 turned out.

I shall hasten my pace! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 2 2013, 6:41am

Post #8 of 9 (110 views)
Shortcut
I heartily encourage EVERYONE to go! [In reply to] Can't Post

Start saving and be ready for an adventure of a lifetime :) Just to see so many TORnsibs and walk the sidewalks of Hollywood would fill your mind with fabulous memories forever! Oh... then there's the Party, of course ;)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 2 2013, 6:42am

Post #9 of 9 (128 views)
Shortcut
Always a classy guy :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.