Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Love-it-or-hate-it things in The Hobbit AUJ
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mefansmum
Rivendell

Feb 28 2013, 4:43am

Post #26 of 31 (103 views)
Shortcut
but then I could not take my grandson [In reply to] Can't Post

If the goblin sequence and the baddies had been less cartoonish and the blood and gore also a bit more real, then,I would not have taken my grandson. i don't think I could watch too much reality myself in those areas in 3DHFR. Even though I loved 3D HFR, I took my grandson to 2D to rob it of a bit more of the reality that came with the HFR I felt.

Súlimë
Rivendell

Feb 28 2013, 6:33am

Post #27 of 31 (86 views)
Shortcut
You're not alone on this :) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Well, if it is really true than most of us didnt like the Giants scene, Im in the minority, then :) It was nice to see how Thorin was terrified that several of his companions might have died.

This was something that HFR totally fixed for me. The first time in 24fps I thought the scene was way too long, but it worked very well in HFR, which was very surprising :)

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Feb 28 2013, 7:04am

Post #28 of 31 (107 views)
Shortcut
This Forum [In reply to] Can't Post

Of all the things that affected my thinking about The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, this forum, "Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:," may have been the worst part of the movie.

I like the forum itself because it's really the only one where I have anything much to say. But had I not been here, I believe I would have enjoyed the movie more. And I even avoided the spoilers starting a few months before release, much sooner than most. But regardless of the spoilers, I think the tone was set by contentious discussions of expectations, including my own. I've learned my lesson for the next two. I'll be making much bigger effort to not be here so often, and perhaps especially about six months prior to each release. But after I see it, I hope to be back in full force to have my say.

DanielLB
Immortal

Feb 28 2013, 8:32am

Post #29 of 31 (88 views)
Shortcut
The same goes for the LOTR trilogy [In reply to] Can't Post

I am now very cautious of what threads I click and read over on the LOTR board, especially the more critical posts.

Arannir
Valinor

Feb 28 2013, 12:29pm

Post #30 of 31 (69 views)
Shortcut
I have a similar feeling... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but not so much with the forums of TON, but sides like IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes together with their awful troll-war-forums.

Watching the RT score for 14 days before I saw AUJ simply caused so much unnecessary anxiety, frustration, anger and disappointment in me - I will try to stay away from them from now on for all movies I like or look forward to.

I like reading reviews, also those I disagree with... but without attached scores and stuff. And by critics I know a bit from their previous work so I know about their attitude.

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Feb 28 2013, 4:56pm

Post #31 of 31 (68 views)
Shortcut
My thoughts precisely [In reply to] Can't Post

no tv spots, 13 minute videos, intense discussions for me, interviews with loquacious actors, fan reports with descriptions of scenes, images from the movie, etc...

Just the trailer and the vblogs.

I have learned my lesson.

I knew too much. Unsure

Vous commencez ŕ m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.