Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Hmmm

zarabia
Grey Havens

Feb 25 2013, 5:42am

Views: 69
Shortcut
Hmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Do you agree that blurred shots like these can give a sense of realism to the scene? Does the skirmish between the Rohirrim and the Warg riders feel real to you?

I don't remember it looking blurred in the film; I guess my eyes compensated. Some of the battle worked, but other bits looked very CGI. The stunt where Legolas grabbed the bridle of his horse as it passed and jumped on was fun, but it always bugged me. If the mechanics or physics or whatever had been accurate, it would have worked. The imaging in this case was convincing, but the actual movement seemed off.

2. With this in mind, discuss HFR and its type of realism compared to that of blurred photography like this. (LOTR vs Hobbit anyone?Wink)

Haven't seen TH Frown or its HFR so I can't comment.

3. Comment on the features of this shot.

Viggo is really committed. His intensity is very convincing.

4. Furtther thoughts?

This scene isn't my favorite, but I guess I'm not as bothered by it as some people seem to be.

Thanks Xanaseb! Hope things are going well at school Smile

"The question isn't where, Constable, but when." - Inspector Spacetime

(This post was edited by zarabia on Feb 25 2013, 5:44am)

Subject User Time
SCOD: Charging in a blur! Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Feb 20 2013, 1:41pm
    You can't talk about motion blur with just snaphots of a scene Tigero Send a private message to Tigero Feb 20 2013, 7:57pm
    Hmmm zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Feb 25 2013, 5:42am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.