Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Pre Viz-ing the Battle of the 5 Armies?

Bombadil
Half-elven

Feb 18 2013, 4:15am

Post #1 of 19 (1253 views)
Shortcut
Pre Viz-ing the Battle of the 5 Armies? Can't Post

Likely story boarded by Christian Rivers Team
already
but put your Dwarvian Hoodzzzz
on
& DO your "Imaginary visionaries"?

Bombys favorite shot was the Nazgul
on FellBeasts
swooping down over the city
Of MT...in ROTK

Am hopeing PJ&Co..rely on Karen's
"ATLAS of Middle earth." (Hint,Hint)
PJ loves to fly his cameras.
As well as...
HIS many planes..

Bomby ia giving..an assignment
Open book test!

Homework due?
by next Sunday!

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Feb 18 2013, 4:18am)

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Feb 18 2013, 4:38am

Post #2 of 19 (720 views)
Shortcut
The Avengers Shot [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd like to see the "Avengers shot" it's not the shot where all the heros are all back to back staring at the bad guys, it's the sweeping shot showing all our heros fight various bad guys

for example showing Kili and Fili fighting together then Kili shoots an arrow the camera follows the arrow past Dwalin who is fighting a couple of goblins then the camera pans over to someone else. then possibly end it on a funny note like when the Hulk Punched Thor

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2013, 4:41am

Post #3 of 19 (662 views)
Shortcut
My money says [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo cannot be unconscious for the entire fight, That isn't going to cut it. I'll have to think that through and how it might play out.

Oin's parasite
Rivendell

Feb 18 2013, 5:17am

Post #4 of 19 (702 views)
Shortcut
I predict a few things to possibly happen (SOME SPOILERS) [In reply to] Can't Post

- Dáin and Dwalin simply plow through goblins.
- Thorin (possibly Gloin) fight back to back with Thranduil.
- Legolas does something Legolas-like.
- Azog and/or Bolg simply plow through men, elves, and dwarves.
- Thorin and company break down their wall and charge into the battle as they did in the book.
- Beorn will kill orcs/goblins/wargs, a lot of them. Imagine a steamroller going over a balloon.
- Biblo will stab a few goblins, heck maybe kill a bodyguard of Bolg/Azog (a bit of a stretch, but hey...give the hobbit his due)
- Thorin's hair will look splendid even while he is in a state of mortal injury.

"I've got parasites as big as my arm!"

Old Toby
Gondor

Feb 18 2013, 5:30am

Post #5 of 19 (637 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

You crack me up!! BTW, I love your profile name! LOL!

Maybe Legolas will find something to ski/skateboard/surf down.

In Reply To
- Thorin's hair will look splendid even while he is in a state of mortal injury.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Oin's parasite
Rivendell

Feb 18 2013, 5:56am

Post #6 of 19 (648 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps pole-vault off Beorn? [In reply to] Can't Post

"I've got parasites as big as my arm!"

lurtz2010
Rohan

Feb 18 2013, 7:18am

Post #7 of 19 (588 views)
Shortcut
lol I've imagined something like that before [In reply to] Can't Post

A continuous camera shot that flies around the battle and focuses on each of the main characters in turn...

It will be interesting to see what PJ comes up with, I remember reading GDT talking about how he had to make the battle feel fresh and original compared to all the other battles we've seen on screen since LOTR.

I agree with Bombadil about the nazgul at Minas Tirith, I loved the camera work with them swooping down and picking up soliders etc, can't wait to see the eagles pulling orcs off the mountainside and dropping them to their deaths and other crazy airbourne stuff.

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Feb 18 2013, 7:28am

Post #8 of 19 (583 views)
Shortcut
One of those, for sure. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

- Legolas does something Legolas-like.

As in, when he's fighting in the battle, shooting six orcs with one arrow will be only the 19th most impressive thing he's done?

In Reply To

LOL! That, I think, is the only sure bet here. Well spotted. Hair that majestic isn't put off by impending death.

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2013, 9:02am

Post #9 of 19 (571 views)
Shortcut
I want to see Lake-town women [In reply to] Can't Post

bandaging up all the heads that are going to be cracked, re-suppling weapons, and cooking to keep the men on their feet. Some of these more quiet moments in between the interminable scenes of slaughter would be very welcome.

And, I suppose, if a few of them, made powerful by anger and sorrow at the loss of their families and homes, want to grab an axe, bow or sword and kick some orc behinds, that might be interesting, too. Evil

Bombadil
Half-elven

Feb 18 2013, 10:00am

Post #10 of 19 (545 views)
Shortcut
Orcsses on wings? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh yes they can. .preecious

"These are Gunda-Badass bats..
Bomby would love to see them try?

Orcs on bats and eagles
oh my!

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2013, 10:12am

Post #11 of 19 (524 views)
Shortcut
And don't forget the flying monkeys! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those are classic! We need an homage to another great wizard, don't you agree?

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Feb 18 2013, 10:13am)

stoutfiles
Rohan

Feb 18 2013, 2:38pm

Post #12 of 19 (491 views)
Shortcut
He wasn't [In reply to] Can't Post

He gets knocked out during the fight. That's exactly how it should play out, unless you want the comedic stylings of Bilbo running around the battlefield trying not to die. We've already seen that once before (Jar-Jar) and it wasn't pretty.

There are plenty of competent fighters that deserve the screen time here. Let Bilbo get knocked out and focus on the characters that can fight.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2013, 2:57pm

Post #13 of 19 (480 views)
Shortcut
I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

But he gets knocked out pretty early in the fight and misses a lot of it. We'll see how it plays out.

Súlimë
Rivendell

Feb 18 2013, 3:39pm

Post #14 of 19 (461 views)
Shortcut
I would love to see battle strategies [In reply to] Can't Post

There were proper strategies at Helm's Deep, but not enough at the Pelennor Fields (everyone is just busy fighting and staying alive).

In the BoFA we have FIVE armies in action, so I would like to see proper and intelligent battle tactics please :)

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2013, 4:50pm

Post #15 of 19 (496 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo is knocked out, but [In reply to] Can't Post

he is wearing The One Ring, after all, which creates some pretty bizarre effects. If they want to keep the focus on Bilbo, there could be a wavey, spooky, ringy dream sequence with Bilbo unconscious but experiencing the battle and all his previous dangers as a nightmare; or he could have a completely surreal beautiful dream visitation back to the Shire and Rivendell. He will, of course, remember none of this when he wakes up or he would have recorded it in his book.

Rostron2
Gondor

Feb 18 2013, 9:48pm

Post #16 of 19 (396 views)
Shortcut
Battle sequences [In reply to] Can't Post

Work best when built from the ground up, and are character driven. This is another advantage of having all the dwarves be slightly different, we'll be able to follow them arouond the battlefield.

There will no doubt be some interesting elven archery. I wonder what the Lake Men will be good at?

The goblins will have the numbers, but other than Azo/Bolg's guard, I don't think they have much on any dwarf, elf or competent human warrior.

It's not going to be realistic in any way, but fatigue would be a factor for anyone but the elves.

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Feb 18 2013, 11:27pm

Post #17 of 19 (394 views)
Shortcut
Legolas And Bard [In reply to] Can't Post

I wanna see Legolas and Bard one upping each other in their archery skills or their general bad*ssery or maybe both lol we already have a pic of them together so you know PJ won't pass this up.

Lio
Lorien

Feb 18 2013, 11:51pm

Post #18 of 19 (363 views)
Shortcut
And possibly add Tauriel and Kili to the mix [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a good time to be an archer in Middle-earth. Laugh

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Feb 19 2013, 8:57pm

Post #19 of 19 (331 views)
Shortcut
Bear withm Bomby..Briefly? [In reply to] Can't Post

Our 13 have plenty of time to explore the Horde
Pickking out the best swords
Picking out the best shields
picking out the best armor
picking out and diving into anything and everythin'..

More or less like
swimming in gold!

once a threat appears
"OFF to the Smithy "
To sharpen the BEST Exotic blades
Anyone? at Weta can imagine
actually discovering
And inhancing! Them
at a forge...

When they appear at the front Gate..?
fear will take over
ANY FOE.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.