Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome, everyone, to Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

silneldor
Half-elven

Feb 16 2013, 1:27am

Post #26 of 44 (119 views)
Shortcut
*points to self with brows raised* [In reply to] Can't Post

ME? Me snowboarding? I tried skate-boarding a few years ago and screwed that up royally...even through i was pretty good on one...40yrs ago. Somehow i could not 'read' or react physically properly and landed on my rear-proper twisting the knee to boot. Really rusty skills or non-existent skills should be handled as a spectator sport 'activity' Laugh

I have been keeping up with the 2-wheel variety of activity and that is where i will be content to stay.....Gemme an american flyer though.......:)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 16 2013, 1:45am

Post #27 of 44 (117 views)
Shortcut
How about a tube? [In reply to] Can't Post

You can slide on snow in it, or be pulled in water! Laugh

Last time I tried roller-skating, it was with my youngest who wanted to go to a local rink, and I ended up with a fractured wrist and a cast...yep, I think there are some things one just isn't "meant" to do, beyond a certain age! Tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

imin
Valinor

Feb 16 2013, 2:51am

Post #28 of 44 (116 views)
Shortcut
Sizes for prints [In reply to] Can't Post

the two from last year are a fair bit bigger.
Tol Brandir (my favourite) is 31 x 23 inch (all in inch)
Barad-dur and the Nazgul is 20.5 x 22.5 these are both signed by Ted and limited to 100 prints each. My partner got them from Ted's distributor/dealer in the UK at less than half price - i don't know how but she did it again this year - if i had to get them i would have had to pay a fortune, but she is great at searching out bargains. She says i should go down to his house as he had loads of originals and they look incredible - cost between 2000-5000 pounds each though so not going to happen any time soon, lol.

It seems so strange that it was a year ago! I didn't know it at the time but she had to travel down to the guy and it was about 5 hours away and there was a big snow storm (for the UK) and she was fibbing to me saying she was stuck at her mum's house whilst i was revising, lol. Driving for 10 hours in a snow storm - that's love right there Tongue

As for these four new prints they are smaller at around 15 x 13 inch or 13 x 15 inch. My first about the hobbit as well.

There are loads of others that i think look amazing and would love to get some day, though i don't want my house to end up being all about Tolkien, lol.

Still would be cool to be able to follow the journey through paintings as you say.

Do you have any Tolkien inspired artwork? Also hope you have a great weekend and had a great Valentine's day Smile

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Feb 16 2013, 3:30am

Post #29 of 44 (116 views)
Shortcut
Aww, that is so cute! [In reply to] Can't Post

B gets some major brownie points for that one. :)

Just 10 minutes ago I finally got my brand new home computer all sorted so that I can be online at home once again! (My former computer died two weeks ago.)

Zoooooom!

Zooooooooooooooooom!!

This one is scary fast - unsurprisingly, given I'd had my other computer for about 11 years. Who knew that websites could open this quickly?

Excuse me while I pop over to YouTube and enjoy having a working soundcard again. :D

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

silneldor
Half-elven

Feb 16 2013, 3:50am

Post #30 of 44 (118 views)
Shortcut
There are two devices that refuse to be steered; [In reply to] Can't Post

tubes & toboggans...unless you fall off and steer by rolling.

You remember when i broke my wrist falling backward downhill raking, well that extra momentum, as you had being a little higher on those skates, made all the difference in that force to snap things the way they did.

Eh, how about a nice lively game of Parcheesi *moves mouth imitating no teeth*

sherlock
Gondor

Feb 16 2013, 12:07pm

Post #31 of 44 (116 views)
Shortcut
I'm a widow so [In reply to] Can't Post

I bought myself some chocolates & flowers when I was shopping for my granddaughter. I bought her candy, little petite fours & heart shaped sugar cookies to pack in her lunch. I also bought a heart shaped cake for her to give to her mom & a dozen yellow roses for my mom who has been very busy taking care of my dad who has had some serious health issues. She cried when I gave them to her.

Yesterday I went to my first yoga class & today I'm going for my first full body massage-can't wait! Tomorrow my grand & I are going to training for a 5K walk/run & Monday I might go to see AUJ in IMAX format. It's no longer playing in my town so it will be a drive.

sherlock
Gondor

Feb 16 2013, 12:14pm

Post #32 of 44 (120 views)
Shortcut
I remember [In reply to] Can't Post

those cards. Have fun at the party, gramma!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 16 2013, 2:17pm

Post #33 of 44 (115 views)
Shortcut
Cookies and flowers [In reply to] Can't Post

for the younger, and the older - that was so sweet of you! Smile

You're on your way to better health with the yoga and massage! I have a friend who's twice taken a fall (first down a short flight of steps, and later off a stool) and swears that her weekly gentle yoga classes trained her to instinctively turn in such a way during the falls that she ended up uninjured. How's your hand and wrist?

sherlock
Gondor

Feb 16 2013, 8:51pm

Post #34 of 44 (102 views)
Shortcut
Just got back from [In reply to] Can't Post

my second massage (full body this time) & my wrist feels so much better! I've signed up for a series of six. I am going to see if my insurance can help with the cost.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 16 2013, 9:03pm

Post #35 of 44 (98 views)
Shortcut
I imagine that [In reply to] Can't Post

you feel better all over! Laugh I'll reiterate what the therapist no doubt told you: drink plenty of water now, to "flush out" your system.

The insurance might need only a note from your doctor, stating that the massage is helping to correct a problem that otherwise would have required surgery (which is a lot more expensive!).

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 17 2013, 1:20am

Post #36 of 44 (96 views)
Shortcut
*jaw drops* Of course! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's EXACTLY what I need!!! omg... And A Bathrobe!

Surprise guest? oh geez... *panic attack*

Second draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated list coming soon

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 17 2013, 2:21am

Post #37 of 44 (105 views)
Shortcut
I wonder if that's why [In reply to] Can't Post

he was shown in his bathrobe, when the first Dwarf knocked on his door...a little nod to another movie, perhaps? Smile

I do hope that whoever attends the Oscars, pays you all a visit afterwards! Cool

silneldor
Half-elven

Feb 17 2013, 3:46am

Post #38 of 44 (94 views)
Shortcut
I am feeling good about this:) [In reply to] Can't Post

I am so happy you went for it and are feeling better. Along with massage, did they recommend a stretching regime?
Dernwyn is right, if that is the deeper type of work, flushing out with drinking water is necessary .

I know chiropractic is covered most of the time but i am not sure if just massage is covered, unless it is titled under Physical therapy. I hope you get coverage.
Please continue to update us Sherlock. I am happy for you indeed:)

sherlock
Gondor

Feb 17 2013, 11:56am

Post #39 of 44 (86 views)
Shortcut
She didn't [In reply to] Can't Post

mention about the water so thanks for the tip!

sherlock
Gondor

Feb 17 2013, 12:02pm

Post #40 of 44 (108 views)
Shortcut
I took [In reply to] Can't Post

my first yoga class on Friday & she said to keep it up because It helped. I also ran into an old friend from high school at the massage place who just started working there as a massage therapist so I'm glad I requested a female or it would have been my friend which would have been weird.

silneldor
Half-elven

Feb 17 2013, 1:05pm

Post #41 of 44 (95 views)
Shortcut
I think you are smart for this. [In reply to] Can't Post

You are treating the whole body, and mind i will add. It will help in the long run and that is A planSmile.
And please remember all your options. One cannot have too many plans of attack for living a full and vibrant life:).

Greenwood Hobbit
Gondor

Feb 17 2013, 9:19pm

Post #42 of 44 (82 views)
Shortcut
Goodness, if I post any later [In reply to] Can't Post

it'll be a case of being early for the NEXT Fiesta! Hope everyone who celebrated Valentine's Day had a good time - Altaira's doggy is verrry cute! It's been mild (well, 8C) and sunny today so I've been giving my garden some overdue attention, and am already aching as a result. I'll be creaking like a under-exercised Ent tomorrow, I think! Too late to wish everyone a happy weekend, so have a happy week instead - cheers!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 17 2013, 9:57pm

Post #43 of 44 (76 views)
Shortcut
Bwahaha!!! Perfect!!! :D Of Course! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Second draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated list coming soon

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Feb 20 2013, 6:49pm

Post #44 of 44 (94 views)
Shortcut
Well, I'm back! [In reply to] Can't Post

I survived. You can all be sorry in the days to come! ;)

After my miserable Valentine's Day, Cupid can go straight to h**l or DIAF!... but belated gifts of chocolate will still be graciously accepted! =)

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.