Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
This weekend I shall mostly be.....

BilboBagshot187
Rivendell

Feb 9 2013, 3:22pm

Post #1 of 7 (498 views)
Shortcut
This weekend I shall mostly be..... Can't Post

.....watching the LOTR extended blu rays with the commentrys whilst eating snacks and drinking ales. I felt like sharing this. have a great weekend everyone!

'Everywhere I lie theres a dirty great root sticking into my back!'

Angharad73
Rohan

Feb 9 2013, 3:39pm

Post #2 of 7 (242 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like... [In reply to] Can't Post

... a good weekend! I might watch FOTR (EE) myself tonight. No ales though, but maybe a glass of wine (or two). Cool

Eowyn3
Rivendell

Feb 9 2013, 10:18pm

Post #3 of 7 (207 views)
Shortcut
Ok, can't watch it today, [In reply to] Can't Post

but I may watch some of it tomorrow. Always a great idea. No ale, but a glass of wine would do just nicely.

" He has just as much reason to go to war as you do. Why can he not fight for those he loves?"

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Feb 9 2013, 10:40pm

Post #4 of 7 (213 views)
Shortcut
Saturday: Mostly sleeping [In reply to] Can't Post

Worked Friday night, so I spent the bulk of Saturday catching up on sleep; gotta see to the snow from the storm that hit our north-east (fortunately the Great Lakes area didn't get hit as badly as New England). Tomorrow, friends are coming over; our AD&D game is back on track!

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

BilboBagshot187
Rivendell

Feb 9 2013, 10:53pm

Post #5 of 7 (220 views)
Shortcut
lots of fascinating stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

Its been a good while since Ive watched the commentarys and there are lot of things I didnt know like Weta cleaning up and sharpening the new line logo as the one they had was a bit old and then New line used it from then on.
Domonic Monaghan was also the person reading bilbo's speech to get the reaction shots from the hobbits at bilbos party, he also provided gollums voice in the FOTR prologue as Andy Serkis wasn't there that day!

'Everywhere I lie theres a dirty great root sticking into my back!'

andwise
Rivendell

Feb 11 2013, 1:44pm

Post #6 of 7 (150 views)
Shortcut
good plan [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't fault you there my good fellow.the commentaries are very interesting aren't they?haven't done that myself for a while.

Arrow....black arrow,I have saved you to the last.you have never failed me and always I have recovered you.I had you from my father and he from old.if ever you came from the forges of the true king under the mountain,go now and speed well

andwise
Rivendell

Feb 11 2013, 1:46pm

Post #7 of 7 (279 views)
Shortcut
very interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't know that about Dominic monaghan doing gollums voice,must have missed that bit,I shall have to rectify that forthwith Smile

Arrow....black arrow,I have saved you to the last.you have never failed me and always I have recovered you.I had you from my father and he from old.if ever you came from the forges of the true king under the mountain,go now and speed well

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.