Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*gets keys, unlocks doors* It's Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

silneldor
Half-elven

Feb 10 2013, 4:51pm

Post #76 of 84 (119 views)
Shortcut
I have been dealing with that at the pond [In reply to] Can't Post

where my 'shack' taxes was raised 3000... per year.
Gotta get out, they are coming, the tax assessors, ha haUnimpressed

Good luck at your end entmaiden.

silneldor
Half-elven

Feb 10 2013, 5:20pm

Post #77 of 84 (110 views)
Shortcut
RO here is another shot for you, [In reply to] Can't Post

to cool you off. I love the shadows of that late afternoon a couple of years ago. It is very lovely, the fresh fallen snow.

It all is not too bad with a snow blower. It makes nice clean cuts 'n edges. But if the wind is 'a blowin' ' , as it was for my son here, there is no escaping the blow-backLaugh

silneldor
Half-elven

Feb 10 2013, 5:37pm

Post #78 of 84 (99 views)
Shortcut
OH! good...good, good [In reply to] Can't Post

the power is onSmile.
Did you get that sub-tertiary crust off the driveway yet d? It should warm up a little there today.

Me, i am up the ladder again in bright sunshine, covering that primed area (to pre-protect it) with the finished boards before all 'ell breaks loose soon with the next storm.

Pray for the snow plow godLaugh *rumble-rumble*

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Feb 11 2013, 2:17am

Post #79 of 84 (96 views)
Shortcut
They (you know, them) said [In reply to] Can't Post

we got 30cm but it seemed like a lot more than that to me. I'd say straight coverage of at least that amount, with drifts past my knees.

This being Canada it's all cleaned up already, with only some side streets track bare still. Tonight we are expecting freezing rain, rain tomorrow, then some more snow. Mid week it will be above 0C for a couple days which means lots of slush I guess. Crazy weather.Cool

DanielLB
Immortal

Feb 13 2013, 1:40pm

Post #80 of 84 (75 views)
Shortcut
I'm late, but can I make my own Fiesta Wednesday? [In reply to] Can't Post

It doesn't quite have the same ring to it though, does it?

Very brief update from me. Had an absolutely brilliant birthday on South Georgia. Journey back to the Falklands was awful - sea sick for the entire 5 days. Back on dry land, and will update when I can. Fly back to the UK later this week. I've been writing up my experience, so when I get back I'll post that with plenty of pictures. In the mean time, here are some more pictures. Enjoy!

King penguins on a walk

Penguins swimming

River full of penguins and fur + elephant seals

Sleepy juvenile fur seal

Mount Sugartop and Penguin River

Gentoo penguins

My favourite picture

PS. I hope you're all well. Look forward to catching up with you all. :-)

imin
Valinor

Feb 13 2013, 1:44pm

Post #81 of 84 (82 views)
Shortcut
Awesome photos [In reply to] Can't Post

From what i can only imagine is the trip of a lifetime :)

sorry to hear about the sea sickness but at least you didn't have any on the way there and fly back to the UK rather than go by sea.

Looking forward to reading all about your adventure Smile

silneldor
Half-elven

Feb 13 2013, 9:18pm

Post #82 of 84 (57 views)
Shortcut
Those are neat Daniel [In reply to] Can't Post

Really awesome the last two, the others are downright fun. The penguins and the seals are looking to have a regular beach party lol. The sleepy baby is adorable. I had to yawn seeing that, i could stand a nap myself from the work i am doing.

Thanks for stopping in. I am sorry about the rough seas. I went deep sea fishing with dad when i was young and all on board were not a pretty sight and i ended up below amid ships laying down wondering if, well that is enough to tell. So i know how you felt.

Will be waiting for the next installment Daniel. Be safe.

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Feb 13 2013, 9:22pm

Post #83 of 84 (56 views)
Shortcut
Great to hear from you, and awesome pictures! [In reply to] Can't Post

That last one looks more like a seawolf rather than a sealion (though I'm not sure its even a sealion, I guess)

Notta

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

kiwifan
Rohan

Feb 14 2013, 10:08pm

Post #84 of 84 (120 views)
Shortcut
Oh dear, so I didn't send enough good wishes [In reply to] Can't Post

but send them I did, every day, from Thursday onwards. So sorry to hear you've been sick for the entire five days. Still, you made it back in one piece (well, more or less) and I hope your flight home at least will be smooth and uneventful.

Lovely pictures! As were the first batch --- can you sell them to a company that makes calendars, or picture books, and use the proceeds to come to HobbitCon in Germany over Easter? So some of us could meet? And then we could have a real Fiesta, aka a TORn moot, and you could tell us your adventures, and show pictures? Just kidding --- or, well, half kidding. You'll probably be busy enough sorting out through all your data, pictures, and what-not.

Anyway, have a safe flight back to the UK and a quci recovery from your ordeal on board ship!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.