Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Galadriel mentioned that the High Fells were in Rhudaur.

Salmacis81
Grey Havens

Feb 6 2013, 12:37am

Views: 229
Shortcut
Galadriel mentioned that the High Fells were in Rhudaur. [In reply to] Can't Post

You're correct that Tolkien never mentioned anything about "High Fells", but Rhudaur certainly existed in Tolkien's Middle-earth. It was one of three kingdoms (the other two being Arthedain and Cardolan) that were formed out of what was once the Kingdom of Arnor. Rhudaur was the only kingdom of the three to fall under the control of Angmar. I'm guessing that Jackson, Walsh, and Boyens came up with the High Fells as a way to give a nod to the Barrow-Downs that were left out of LOTR (and I have a feeling that part of Tom Bombadil made it into the portrayal of Radagast as well).

Subject User Time
Is this Dol Guldur or the High Fells? Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Feb 5 2013, 3:38pm
    Those are the fells Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Feb 5 2013, 4:14pm
        ... Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Feb 5 2013, 4:22pm
            The shape doesn't look similar to me at all, though. Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Feb 5 2013, 4:34pm
    Once this High Fells story kicked in, Vangalad Send a private message to Vangalad Feb 5 2013, 4:31pm
        Pretty much confirmed then I guess ... Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Feb 5 2013, 4:44pm
            You're welcome :-) Vangalad Send a private message to Vangalad Feb 5 2013, 5:20pm
        Galadriel mentioned that the High Fells were in Rhudaur. Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Feb 6 2013, 12:37am
    Those three are the fells, However, the Other trailer Images of him with Thrain, and of him AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Feb 5 2013, 11:55pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.