The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Big TORn gathering at DragonCon 2007

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Jan 6 2007, 9:36pm

Post #1 of 20 (3535 views)
Shortcut
Big TORn gathering at DragonCon 2007 Can't Post

Many TORnados are invited to DragonCon 2007! Hope to see you there!

Altaira
Superuser

Jan 7 2007, 5:51am

Post #2 of 20 (2961 views)
Shortcut
I'm definitely planning on it! [In reply to] Can't Post

.. (vacation days and other timing allowing)! Keep us posted. Smile

(This post was edited by Altaira on Feb 17 2007, 4:20am)

WhiteLadyEowyn
Rivendell

Feb 17 2007, 7:04pm

Post #3 of 20 (2978 views)
Shortcut
And just a reminder about that... [In reply to] Can't Post

You don't have to attend the Con in order to attend the planned Moot that weekend. :)

Lilia
The Shire

Feb 17 2007, 9:09pm

Post #4 of 20 (2941 views)
Shortcut
Re: And just a reminder about that... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be there. :-) This will actually be my 5th year at D*Con!!! I just hope I have time to catch up with everyone! I'm track staff for the YA Lit track. So that keeps me pretty busy!

"Smell is the most powerful trigger to the memory there is. A certain flower or a whiff of smoke can bring up experiences...long forgotten. Books smell. Musty and rich. The knowledge gained from a computer, is......it has no texture, no context. It's there and then it's gone. If it's to last, then, the getting of knowledge should be, tangible, it should
be...smelly."
-Giles Buffy The Vampire Slayer

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2007, 12:37am

Post #5 of 20 (2932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrCere] Big TORn gathering at DragonCon 2007 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks mrcere - No, you don't have to attend DragonCon to come to the Moot, but as a newly appointed member of the Tolkien Track staff, I sure wish you would! See the link in my footer to sign up for the Yahoo group.

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

(This post was edited by deej on Feb 18 2007, 12:39am)

CAhobbit
Rohan

Feb 18 2007, 3:19am

Post #6 of 20 (2885 views)
Shortcut
I'll be there! [In reply to] Can't Post

After so many years of "I'll get there someday" this moot finally made that a reality. Can't wait!!!

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2007, 3:12pm

Post #7 of 20 (2871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cahobbit] I'll be there! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yay!

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

Foe
Lorien

Feb 20 2007, 8:47pm

Post #8 of 20 (2869 views)
Shortcut
I know I'll be in town that weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

and hope to be able to actually make an appearance at the moot, yet making plans at DragonCon is tough at best. There's so much to do and losing track of time is a given. I am going to do my best to show though. I encourage everyone that comes to make the Con as well. Not only does the "Evening in Bree" have a large showing every year, other fandoms are well represented (Apollo/Starbuck-BSG, Riker/Data-Star Trek, etc.)

Please come!

Email Foe!

Foe's LiveJournal!

YIM, AIM, MSN= foehelm

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Feb 20 2007, 11:45pm

Post #9 of 20 (2867 views)
Shortcut
It's going to be great!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Deej, CAHobbit and I are hard at work doing our best to plan the Moot to end all Moots! Well, not actually END them - maybe just serve as a spring board for more? Smile It's going to be great - as, indeed, is the whole of DragonCon weekend! But yes, of course we will make sure that folks can attend the Moot even if they don't choose to join the fun and games of DCon. I'm just looking forward to getting together with as many message board 'sibs as possible - one evening is far too short a time to spend amongst such admirable geeks!

So - come one, come all! Join us at WootMoot and join us a DCon if you can! The more, the merrier!

Teleri

Feb 22 2007, 1:30pm

Post #10 of 20 (2841 views)
Shortcut
DragonCon [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be there - it's my 3rd DragonCon & I'm not going to be tied up so much with the FarScape table this year :D I do need some info on the Moot.
BB
Teleri

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 22 2007, 5:10pm

Post #11 of 20 (2878 views)
Shortcut
See my signature to sign up for info. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'll be there - it's my 3rd DragonCon & I'm not going to be tied up so much with the FarScape table this year :D I do need some info on the Moot.
BB
Teleri

Lilia
The Shire

Feb 22 2007, 8:55pm

Post #12 of 20 (2819 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad you're coming! It's going to be so much fun! I just hope that I'm not over run with track duties and won't be able to do anything.

You and I totally need to work on Joelle and get her to come as well. Don'tcha think? Wink

"Smell is the most powerful trigger to the memory there is. A certain flower or a whiff of smoke can bring up experiences...long forgotten. Books smell. Musty and rich. The knowledge gained from a computer, is......it has no texture, no context. It's there and then it's gone. If it's to last, then, the getting of knowledge should be, tangible, it should
be...smelly."
-Giles Buffy The Vampire Slayer

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 22 2007, 9:21pm

Post #13 of 20 (2802 views)
Shortcut
Me, too! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's going to be a busy but fun weekend. Smile

Foe
Lorien

Feb 22 2007, 9:52pm

Post #14 of 20 (2801 views)
Shortcut
Agreed. [In reply to] Can't Post

I would also like to meet Joelllllllle

Email Foe!

Foe's LiveJournal!

Foe's Myspace!

YIM, AIM, MSN= foehelm

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Mar 1 2007, 5:42pm

Post #15 of 20 (2792 views)
Shortcut
Looks like I'll be coming [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems I will be at DragonCon this year after all. Just joined the Yahoo! group, so I'll see you all over there.

My LiveJournal

My Costuming Site

deej
Tol Eressea

Mar 3 2007, 1:24am

Post #16 of 20 (2787 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I look forward to seeing you this fall. Smile

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2007, 11:49am

Post #17 of 20 (2787 views)
Shortcut
Where?... Please don't assume everyone knows... :-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

WhiteLadyEowyn
Rivendell

Apr 1 2007, 5:39pm

Post #18 of 20 (2817 views)
Shortcut
Mae.. [In reply to] Can't Post

A particular date/place/time has not been arranged yet for the meetup day.

See DEEJ's post in this thread for a link to the Yahoo groups board, so you can keep yourself updated :)

Lady Izara

Aug 17 2007, 9:55pm

Post #19 of 20 (2805 views)
Shortcut
Two weeks to go! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't believe it's almost here! Looking forward to seeing those of you I know and meeting those I don't. :)

deej
Tol Eressea

Aug 18 2007, 6:02pm

Post #20 of 20 (3130 views)
Shortcut
12 days left! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's going to be a great weekend - look forward to seeing you there!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.