Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
It's time for some MORE BS!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 7 2013, 5:52pm

Views: 129
Shortcut
It's time for some MORE BS! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's another Riddles Book Spoiler (2 more to go) found in Jackson's adaptation of The Hobbit… for a moment of Tolkien-zen.

From Riddles in the Dark: The Hobbit

"'Well, hurry up!" said Bilbo, relieved to think of Gollum going away. He thought he was just making an excuse and did not mean to come back. What was Gollum talking about? What useful thing could he keep out on the dark lake? But he was wrong. Gollum did mean to come back. He was angry now and hungry. And he was a miserable wicked creature, and already he had a plan… …in his hiding-place he kept a few wretched oddments, and one very beautiful thing, very beautiful, very wonderful. He had a ring, a golden ring, a precious ring… …it was a ring of power, and if you slipped that ring on your finger, you were invisible; only the full sunlight could you be seen, and then only by your shadow, and that would be shaky and faint.
"…It won't see us, will it, my precious? No. It won't see us, and its nassty little sword will be useless, yes quite."
That is what was in his wicked little mind… …Bilbo thought he had heard the last of him. Still he waited for a while; for he had no idea how to find his way out alone.
Suddenly he heard a screech. It sent a shiver down his back. Gollum was cursing and wailing… …scrabbling here and there, searching and seeking in vain.
"Where is it? Where iss it? Bilbo heard him crying. "Losst it is, my precious, lost, lost! Curse us and crush us, my precious is lost!"
"What's the matter… …What have you lost?"
"It mustn't ask us," shrieked Gollum. "Not its business, no, gollum! It's losst, gollum, gollum, gollum."
"Well, so am I," cried Bilbo, "and I want to get unlost. And I won the game, and you promised. So come along! Come and let me out, and then go on with your looking!" Utterly miserable as Gollum sounded, Bilbo could not find much pity in his heart, and he had a feeling that anything Gollum wanted so much could hardly be something good. "Come along!" he shouted.
"No, not yet, precious!" Gollum answered. "We must search for it, it's lost, gollum."
"But you never guessed my last question, and you promised," said Bilbo.
"Never guessed!" said Gollum. Then suddenly out of the gloom came a sharp hiss. "What has it got in its pocketses? Tell us that. It must tell first.""

First draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated list coming soon

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Subject User Time
It's time for some BS!! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 3 2013, 5:49pm
    It's time for some MORE BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 4 2013, 5:22pm
        Nasty slimy things! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Feb 5 2013, 3:38am
            ... this part of the slimy story? ;) // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 5 2013, 5:53pm
        It's time for some MORE BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 5 2013, 5:27pm
            It's time for some MORE BS... my precioussss... grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 6 2013, 6:27pm
                It's time for some MORE BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 7 2013, 5:52pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.