Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
For those who loved the stage musical. . .

kareniel
Lorien

Jan 31 2013, 12:15am

Post #1 of 7 (584 views)
Shortcut
For those who loved the stage musical. . . Can't Post

I just wandered over to www.lotr.com, as I do from time to time to view the video snips of the production, and I noticed that the copy on the home page is different from what it's been since the show closed in London. Now, the headline on top of the home page still indicates that it's playing in London, but everything after that is different. They are still promising a world tour, as they have been doing for a few years now, but the wording has been changed some time within the past month or two. Is there hope?

Nira
Lorien

Jan 31 2013, 4:22pm

Post #2 of 7 (414 views)
Shortcut
I hope they tour [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't seen the musical, but I have heard the songs. "Now and for Always" and "The Cat and the Moon" are my favorites.

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?"

kareniel
Lorien

Jan 31 2013, 9:07pm

Post #3 of 7 (391 views)
Shortcut
Me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

You can still watch footage of the London production on the website. Just scroll to the bottom of the home page and click on Site Map. Then click on Show Footage. Wonderful things to watch! Of course, most of it's on youtube as well, but this is nice because there's a lot to see in one spot. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a tour!

nycwine

Feb 2 2013, 1:24pm

Post #4 of 7 (377 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Musical & The Hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

I LOVED the muscial! Saw it in Toronto three times! I was very sad it never made it past London. That would be awesome if they revived it.

I kind of thought the dwarves song about Bilbo's plates sounded like it could have come from that show. Did anybody else think so?

kareniel
Lorien

Feb 2 2013, 11:58pm

Post #5 of 7 (387 views)
Shortcut
I thought so, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

It was rollicking and fun like the dance at the Prancing Pony, but it also included a fiddle that sounded like the Scandinavian one used in the musical.
Oh, and welcome to torn! You'll love it here.

nycwine

Feb 3 2013, 3:36am

Post #6 of 7 (378 views)
Shortcut
Prancing Pony [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, I do love it here! I feel like I am at the Prancing Pony! Smile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 4 2013, 5:33pm

Post #7 of 7 (478 views)
Shortcut
That would be wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw it in Toronto years ago, and it was incredible! I think part of the problem is that there are special hydraulic, multi-level stages that makes it incredibly expensive to host. So even if it does tour, I imagine the locations would be few... but long-running! I'd love to see it again!

First draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated list coming soon

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.