Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
What movies did you watch this weekend?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

CuriousG
Valinor

Jan 30 2013, 1:59am

Post #51 of 57 (148 views)
Shortcut
You mean some fans can actually WAIT?!! Not this one. lol/ [In reply to] Can't Post

imin
Valinor

Jan 30 2013, 2:45am

Post #52 of 57 (154 views)
Shortcut
Season 5 Breaking Bad, True Blood season 5 and Wonders of Life BBC [In reply to] Can't Post

True blood - just keeps getting crazier! I am not a massive fan of it like i was for the first season as there is just so many different types of special people now - vampires, witches, shape shifters, werewolves, faeries, mediums, evil spirits from curses etc. I feel they are trying way too hard to make sure everyone has an equal part to play in each episode rather than just telling a great story. I am watching it now simply down to the fact i have watched the previous seasons.

Breaking Bad
I think this is an excellent show, very well written and acted. Walt has become a total bad ass in this season and i kinda like him more for that but i cant help feel he has gone too far for him to be allowed to survive the ending of the show. For me he is such an interesting character, i want him to succeed and build his drug empire, after all he has gone through he sort of deserves it. But then you think of all the things he has done to get there and some of those things are terrible. His interaction with Skyler this season has been brilliant - you can feel (and believe) her fear and his sense of invulnerability in relation to her - he knows he is smarter and so does she.

Season 6 or season 5 part two comes out 14th July and is one of my most anticipated TV/movie releases of 2013 (along with GoT season 3) as i just cant wait to see how it will all pan out now that Hank has made the connection of Walt to Gus.

Wonders of life
Presented by the ever smiling Professor Brian Cox. It had some very basic science info combined with some genuinely interesting questions and some quite beautiful cinematography especially when looking at the dragonfly. I am looking forward to the next episode.

Patty
Immortal

Jan 30 2013, 5:05pm

Post #53 of 57 (121 views)
Shortcut
Obviously I couldn't wait [In reply to] Can't Post

I always order the DVD from the UK as soon as it airs there. So I'm not illegally downloading it, but I do get it a couple of months before the rest of the people in the United States. It's hard having seen it all , including,for example , the Christmas special that is coming up on February 17th without being able to discuss it with other people here in United States . But, I can't wait and that's what I have to put up with.

Permanent address: Into the West

Annael
Half-elven

Jan 31 2013, 3:55pm

Post #54 of 57 (128 views)
Shortcut
Total Recall (the remake) and The Five-Year Engagement [In reply to] Can't Post

Thoroughly enjoyed "Total Recall." I loved the original, but this one was almost as good. I appreciated that they didn't copy the exact same storyline but kept in all the important plot elements, and I liked the occasional homages to the original (like the woman going through the security checkpoint who looks & dresses like the disguise Douglas wears to get through security in the first movie). Loved the scene where Doug discovers that he can play the piano - the look of delight on Colin Farrell's face was just lovely.

"The Five-Year Engagement" was okay, but I got bored after a while. I appreciate that Judd Apatow makes movies about people who hang on to adolescence or youth too long, but finally learn how to grow up and be comfortable with themselves. But this movie was just a little too contrived at times. Maybe he needs to try something different.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Annael
Half-elven

Jan 31 2013, 4:23pm

Post #55 of 57 (116 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was the most moving scene in a moving episode for me. I have come to love the Dowager more than almost anyone else in the whole house. It was telling to me that Matthew went to her for advice about the management of Downton.

I've never been a fan of Mary, although I can imagine she is just like what her grandmama was at the same age. I went off her entirely when she told her own mother that she couldn't understand something because Cora is an American. Her idea of who "we" are is limited to a very tiny group. It seems to me that she has been using Matthew to get/keep Downton just as it always was and will fight any change, even one for the better, without thinking it through.

I knew it would never happen, but in the first season found myself wishing that Matthew would marry Sybil - they just seem more compatible to me. But that wouldn't have generated as much drama.

(This post was edited by Annael on Jan 31 2013, 4:25pm)

Annael
Half-elven

Jan 31 2013, 4:28pm

Post #56 of 57 (122 views)
Shortcut
ooh [In reply to] Can't Post

I did hear she is going to play Captain America's new love interest

please yes! I like this actress very much & want to see more, and I can totally see her in such a role.

Patty
Immortal

Feb 2 2013, 5:32am

Post #57 of 57 (289 views)
Shortcut
Whoops. I just saw that someone else got the role.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Somebody from the show Revenge. Emily Van Camp. Poor JBF. But she wasn't the only actress who thought she had it.

Permanent address: Into the West

(This post was edited by Patty on Feb 2 2013, 5:33am)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.