The new action figures 2013 AUJ
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Dwalin
Rivendell

Mar 8 2013, 12:53pm

Post #76 of 86 (2324 views)
Shortcut
Buzz Lightyear! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday, Elessar! Fair enough. lol I have the Buzz Lightyear cartoon series on DVD. It's AWESOME!

Good to know. lol

True story. If you look up "Batman Unlimited Dark Knight Returns Collector Action Figure" on Amazon, you can see the figure I was referencing. Mattel makes this figure and I think they did a fabulous job! Yea, I wish Nolan would have followed the cartoons a bit more as well. There is a rumor going around that Christian Bale might play Batman in the JL movie coming out. I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be a better choice if they wanted to stick to the storyline. Plus, it's nice to think that Bruce Wayne finally retired, got married, and possibly started a family somewhere.

Michael Keaton was a GREAT Batman! I really enjoyed Batman and Batman Returns. I wasn't too crazy about Batman Forever and Batman and Robin though. Kilmer and Clooney were subpar as the Caped Crusader in my book. The villains were played by solid actors, but the characters weren't that good.

Carrie Fisher is coming back? OUTSTANDING! They made a CW cartoon movie a few years back. It was pretty entertaining.

A 2 pack would be neat! I would really like to have seen a 3 pack for Dori, Nori, and Ori and another for Bombur, Bofur, and Bifur.

Enjoy the weekend!

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 8 2013, 2:43pm

Post #77 of 86 (2339 views)
Shortcut
Happy Friday 2 U :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday 2 U as well. Cool Cool! I did not know they made that.

I'll have to check that out in a bit on my phone just to see what it looks like. I saw that Bale may be coming back which makes sense in a way that he would be Batman in the JL movie since we don't know for sure if JGL would be Batman or Nightwing. I guess. I'm more of the mind that I like BW being Batman and always being Batman. Its cool to have someone come in and maybe give a break for a while but as a whole I prefer the former way of things being that way.

Yeah, after those first two they really went downhill. I think people at that point were really just cashing in on making a Batman movie. So the writing and the effort in it as a whole just wasn't what it needed to be.

That's what I've read. So it should be intersting to see now where they go with this. The CW movie that was in the theatres? I saw that one. I enjoyed it.

That would have been cool as well. Of course if you're late to the game you can get the whole traveling company pack thats coming out for $80. lol

U 2

Dwalin
Rivendell

Mar 11 2013, 1:08pm

Post #78 of 86 (2330 views)
Shortcut
Game of Thrones [In reply to] Can't Post

Ty! How was your weekend? Yea, the Buzz Lightyear series was GREAT!

For several reasons, I could see JGL being a better Nightwing than Batman at this point. As much as I like Bruce playing Batman, I did enjoy Terry McGinnis taking on the Dark Knight's role. If we follow the films, there are those select few that now know of Batman's true identity. Granted, they are trustworthy, it is still a complication. Plus, what will be the story behind Bruce and Selena? They were together. Did they part separate ways as friends or enemies?

The CW movie in theaters was the one I was referencing. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I recently started watching Game of Thrones. That is a really intense show! Do you follow that story? Reminds me of LOTR a bit.

$80 is steep, but it might be worth it in the end depending on how much the additional figures I need will cost me. As for right now, I would just like to see a pre order available...somewhere! lol

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 11 2013, 3:21pm

Post #79 of 86 (2377 views)
Shortcut
Winter is coming [In reply to] Can't Post

It was good. As always not long enough especially when losing an hour but it was good.

Yeah, if they continue this Batman Universe going into the JL film and coming out of it they've got some questions to answer. That or they will just have to ignore some of it and move on pretending it didn't happen/

Thought so but I wanted to make sure. It was good. Maybe not as good as the series as a whole but I enjoyed it.

Nice! Yeah, I've been watching that show since it started. I didn't care for how season one ended but I haven't read the books so I didn't know about a few things. It can be and season two got a bit more that way than one. I don't know if I thought season two as a whole was better though to be honest but season 3 coming up looks to be really good. It does have a tiny feel like that but I think its due to the author borrowing that feel.

Its not cheap but its probably cheaper than buying them all individually. lol I'm with ya for sure.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Mar 12 2013, 12:04pm

Post #80 of 86 (2324 views)
Shortcut
Winter is Here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to hear that. I watched Wreck It Ralph, Argo, and The Amazing Spiderman with my parents. All of them were GREAT! I saw Oz with some friends. I liked it, but I think it could have been better. The visuals were cool, but the acting was satisfactory, the storyline was ok, and the climax was kind of weak.

True. I get annoyed when the writers ignore the current story and leave so many questions unanswered. People want to believe the tale, not be confused about it. I know it's a long shot, but I would like to see Michael Caine as Alfred again. He was AWESOME! Morgan Freeman was a solid Lucius Fox too. He's actually in a few new movies coming out this year.

Cool beans. I can't wait for CW Season 5 to come out on DVD! Ok, I at least want to see the pre order available soon. lol

Game of Thrones is a pretty exciting show! I only watched 3 episodes so far, but I am very curious to see how it all pans out. I like Eddard Stark, Tyrron Lannister, and John Snow so far. Still, I know there is a lot of deceit and villainy in this so my choices may change.

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 12 2013, 3:10pm

Post #81 of 86 (2307 views)
Shortcut
Axed [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice! Will have to check out Raplh soon. Glad you enjoyed Argo. Cool Oz was ok. Nothing special but not the worse thing I've seen. Oz the character was just so darn unlikeable for the first 1/3 of the movie or so and even after wasn't that likeable. I'd agree with your thoughts though on the movie as a whole.

Yeah, leaving loopholes can be very annoying. It happens all the time in TV shows before they go off the air if they've been on for a long time especially. I'd like to see both those guys come back as I thought they did a fine job in their roles the first time around.

Yeah, I will be getting it as well. Sadly there will be no season 6. I don't know if you saw but the show got the axe by Disney. They will eventually put out some stuff to tie up all the lines but for now it ends where season 5 ended. Pretty lame IMO. Typical for the SW Universe as a whole it seems like.

I agree. It has its moments where it has too much sex to be honest and loses the story but as a whole the rest of it is pretty darn good. Just wait until you get to the end of season one. I will be curious to see what you think.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Mar 13 2013, 11:53am

Post #82 of 86 (2298 views)
Shortcut
Filoni's Words [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree. James Franco is such a GREAT actor, but the writers made the character out to be so deceiving and semi-evil. Sure, he finds his true self by the end of the film and saves the day thanks to the help of his companions. Yet, I would have preferred an alternate tale; Oz could have had little recollection of his past. Then, he finds out he was the son of a great wizard. BOOM - he has magic in his blood and learns how to harness it. I like that version. lol Plus, the end of the movie could have had a much better final battle scene that way. The people of Oz not being able to fight didn't do much to aid in that cause either.

Yea, I read about CW winding down - BUMMER! I watched a video where Filoni said that he's going to answer many of the questions that are still floating around via story arcs (might be miniseries, tv movies, DVDs, etc). The clip also included a scene from what I think was a future episode. There is a spoiler, but I included the link below in case you wanted to see it. By the end of these stories, I want to know what happens to Rex, Ahsoka, Ventress, and many others. I'd hope that Hasbro releases figures based off of these story arcs. We could sure use some fresh items in the action figure line there.

http://www.craveonline.com/...ys-star-wars-detours

Game of Thrones is getting better and better! I finished episode 4 last night. Lady Stark captures Tyrion, Eddard Stark finds King Robert's "other son," Jon Snow befriends Sam, and I met The Mountain. That guy is pretty wicked from the history that Little Finger provided about him and The Hound.

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 13 2013, 3:08pm

Post #83 of 86 (2285 views)
Shortcut
Please take this to PM [In reply to] Can't Post

HI guys,

Since this is an older thread, I haven't noticed it until now, but since your conversation has gone completely off-topic, and it's just between you two, please take any further conversation to PM or to Barliman's chat.

Thanks!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 13 2013, 3:26pm

Post #84 of 86 (2289 views)
Shortcut
Into the West [In reply to] Can't Post

He's alright. I enjoy some things he's in and sometimes I don't. I think he could have been really good in this but the way his character was written wasn't the best IMO. That sounds pretty interesting and could lead to some other paths that didn't make him come across like such a douche.

I wondered if you had. I saw that video yesterday so it sounds like we may at least get the loose ends tied up. Which is better than just leaving everyone whose put time into watching this left holding the bag. Its the right thing to do I think.

Just wait until the end of the season. lol

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 13 2013, 3:29pm

Post #85 of 86 (2294 views)
Shortcut
Will do :) [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Elessar on Mar 13 2013, 3:30pm)

Dwalin
Rivendell

Mar 13 2013, 4:30pm

Post #86 of 86 (2643 views)
Shortcut
Surely [In reply to] Can't Post

Elessar, maybe we can just go to email? Would that be easier?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.