Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The AUJ Necromancer scene has indeed Sauron's shape

The Shire

Jan 25 2013, 2:07pm

Post #1 of 14 (1465 views)
The AUJ Necromancer scene has indeed Sauron's shape Can't Post

I just saw a freeze-frame from the Raddy/Necromancer reveal scene (which I will not utter, err, post here), and on it, one can clearly see that the design team did incorporate Sauron's shape, his spiky-helmet outlines the shadow as it quick-zooms towards the camera..Such a neat detail again from the team. :)

Jan 25 2013, 7:47pm

Post #2 of 14 (675 views)
ehem. [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't everybody already know this?... I never doubted it..

Jan 25 2013, 8:35pm

Post #3 of 14 (559 views)
Why so harsh :-)? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure if you meant it that way. But, I for one, didn't know it. And even if I did, not 'everybody' is familiar with every single Hobbit-related discussion. The OP was sharing some interesting information. And the more threads to talk about and obsess over Hobbit stuff, the better Smile!

(This post was edited by Loresilme on Jan 25 2013, 8:36pm)

Jan 25 2013, 8:52pm

Post #4 of 14 (521 views)
I didn't know this actually [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a really cool little observation! I'll have to go find a picture!

"You're love of the halflings leaf has clearly slowed your mind"

The Shire

Jan 25 2013, 9:23pm

Post #5 of 14 (499 views)
Apologies [In reply to] Can't Post

...if this was already posted. Smile..I for one never noticed it during the scene, since it was really a quick one, so the shape is undecipherable (for me it was really more of a humanoid shape), so I was surprised to see a spiky-helmet outline on that screen grab.Smile

Jan 25 2013, 10:05pm

Post #6 of 14 (557 views)
Really upset by this post [In reply to] Can't Post

Now I have to go back and watch the film AGAIN just to see this one little part.Cool

Also, I didn't notice this either. So thank you for posting it.

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2013, 10:33pm

Post #7 of 14 (436 views)
I mentioned it in a couple of threads a while back... [In reply to] Can't Post

since I noticed the resemblance when I saw the movie, but no one has really picked up on it...

I feel vindicated now you've seen it too! Thanks for making a thread on this, anyway - it will bring it to more people's attention! Smile

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

(This post was edited by Eleniel on Jan 25 2013, 10:38pm)

Jan 25 2013, 11:17pm

Post #8 of 14 (432 views)
Can't see it [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe you're correct, though I have seen some caps and videos on youtube of the particular scene... well, I can't spot any kind of resemblance to Sauron's helm .
To be honest ,given the intention of not spoiling the necromancer's true identity yet , there shouldn't be such an indication,right?

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Oleander Took

Jan 25 2013, 11:50pm

Post #9 of 14 (408 views)
Noticed it too [In reply to] Can't Post

and i've seen the caps also Wink.

It's simmilar but not exactly the same, Sauron's helmet had four spikes and the armor was bulkier, The Necromancer seems to have two spikes and the shoulder plates looks smaller and the neck looks higher, maybe it's a pre-Sauron version, maybe close to the discarded Annatar vision but incorporating a helmet. Or maybe they dressed Benedict Cumberbatch with an armor.

"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."

The Shire

Jan 26 2013, 12:25am

Post #10 of 14 (372 views)
oh yes.. [In reply to] Can't Post

i remember that thread Wink..i was also dissapointed as well by my first viewing of how Necro was represented, but seeing Sauron's detail was encouraging enough to let me be excited of his portrayal in DOS or TABA..

Ziggy Stardust

Jan 26 2013, 3:53am

Post #11 of 14 (337 views)
I didn't notice this either [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll have to look really well when I go see it again. Cool

The Shire

Jan 26 2013, 6:27pm

Post #12 of 14 (221 views)
No need to apologize [In reply to] Can't Post

I for one did not notice that so now I have yet another little detail to look for in my next viewing.
So thank you

Jan 26 2013, 11:51pm

Post #13 of 14 (205 views)
Just saw it again this afternoon for the third time [In reply to] Can't Post

After reading your post (this happened by chance, I didn't rush out to see Sauron again, ha ha). It just looked like a round head to me, I didn't see any spikes and I was looking for them. Crazy

(This post was edited by burgahobbit on Jan 26 2013, 11:52pm)

Jan 27 2013, 9:39am

Post #14 of 14 (284 views)
Another thing that I will have to check up [In reply to] Can't Post

on my next viewing along with Azog loin cloth Smile

“The world is not in your books and maps. It's out there!”

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.