Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
bluray.com has The Hobbit release for March 19th....

Jan 25 2013, 3:42am

Post #1 of 18 (1357 views)
bluray.com has The Hobbit release for March 19th.... Can't Post

and I will go ahead and assume that this is not going to be the final cover art (even though I absolutely LOVE this image ! )

As far as release dates go, bluray.com is usually quite on top of things in my experience, and it would be nice to put a date on the calendar. Obviously, release dates will vary by country.....

Anybody else seen this as the release date ?

Jan 25 2013, 3:45am

Post #2 of 18 (697 views)
HAHA ! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just checked my own post and noticed it says on the image...."Artwork TBA" Laugh

Jan 25 2013, 3:55am

Post #3 of 18 (659 views)
my oh my [In reply to] Can't Post

that seems early.

cineaesthetic, a high-res media blog

Grey Havens

Jan 25 2013, 3:58am

Post #4 of 18 (638 views)
cover [In reply to] Can't Post

Considering Beorn isn't even in the movie... I'd say there' about a .000001% that it's the official cover.

Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2013, 4:27am

Post #5 of 18 (616 views)
lol <front cover [In reply to] Can't Post

i can see people who missed it in the theaters who watch it on bluray....WTF??? there is no huge bear in this movie!!! they might as well have smaug descending from the sky above them too.

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty, oh will you please take me home!!

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on Jan 25 2013, 4:28am)

Jan 25 2013, 10:04am

Post #6 of 18 (474 views)
sweet! [In reply to] Can't Post

2 days before my birthday thankyou very much ;)

"You Tolkien to me?!" - Hobbit de Niro

Jan 25 2013, 10:11am

Post #7 of 18 (512 views)
Seems extremely early [In reply to] Can't Post

I would have thought they would wait a bit - i think it will have only gone out of some cinemas by that point. But if that is the right date then fair enough, they must have a reason for it?

Jan 25 2013, 10:48am

Post #8 of 18 (503 views)
It is early, I don't know why,but [In reply to] Can't Post

perhaps it's the studio's policy in general.
Just checked the release date for another MGM movie, Skyfall and it's bluray comes out February 12 - pretty early too...

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jan 25 2013, 11:15am

Post #9 of 18 (475 views)
Yeah that is very early as well [In reply to] Can't Post

Though for me in the UK it says Feb 18th :(

I guess they are just getting released much faster than they previously were in the past. Its not a bad things just for me i liked the little gap between the film being shown in the cinema and then being released on dvd/blu-ray as it makes the film seem fresher and builds some excitement.

Ultimately i am waiting for the EE anyway so it doesnt really matter to me, just thought it was something interesting to pondering on :)

Jan 25 2013, 2:05pm

Post #10 of 18 (438 views)
Avereage release [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe the average release of a movie from the time it hits theaters to the time it lands on blu is 120 days. Some may take longer if they're trying to release it during the Christmsa Holiday to get more sales. Some movies are also still in theaters in some locations even after landing on Blu like The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises were both out well past the date they shipped.

(This post was edited by Elessar on Jan 25 2013, 2:06pm)

Jan 25 2013, 4:04pm

Post #11 of 18 (383 views)
well... [In reply to] Can't Post

Here in México The Hobbit is listed among the Warner titles to be released in March... So I guess it's real.

"The World is Changed, I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air"

Jan 25 2013, 5:35pm

Post #12 of 18 (331 views)
You know, I said that, too [In reply to] Can't Post

But I always blow it. I have every permutation of LOTR in original DVD, EE DVD, Blu-ray DVD, collection sets (so I could get those Argonath bookends). And it's going to happen all over again, because I just can't help myself. Crap. Looks like I'm going to need a bigger closet.

In Reply To
Ultimately i am waiting for the EE anyway so it doesnt really matter to me, just thought it was something interesting to pondering on :)

Jan 25 2013, 6:05pm

Post #13 of 18 (312 views)
Awesome!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm wondering if that's world-wide?

I figured it would come out fairly soon since a lot of flicks I saw last year came out about 3 months after the initial release. Very smart, actually... after the theatres dry up.

looks like it will be in a 1 disc or 3 disc set! *twitch*

First draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated list coming soon

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Jan 25 2013, 11:39pm

Post #14 of 18 (251 views)
release date [In reply to] Can't Post

I use two sites to check out dvd release dates. One doesn't mention the Hobbit at all. The other says "estimated Mar 2013 ."

Guess that's good news.Smile

Tenna' ento lye omenta,

Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2013, 12:25am

Post #15 of 18 (251 views)
I will wait for the extended version. [In reply to] Can't Post

Jan 26 2013, 4:21am

Post #16 of 18 (209 views)
You have so much self control! [In reply to] Can't Post

I envy you. I will die under a pile of cases and discs.

Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2013, 4:43pm

Post #17 of 18 (169 views)
I imagine the extended will come out next fall and the movie [In reply to] Can't Post

will be available for rental if I need a quick fix. I doubt the theatrical version will be sitting in the marked down bin
anytime soon or on deep discount later in the summer.

Since LOTR, I prefer the extended versions and I hope The Hobbit versions will be equally satisfying. In fact, I think AUJ may benefit since the kind of "hurry" up feel to the production was evident and maybe some of the issues people have noticed will be "fixed" by the time of the extended release...as with LOTR when certain scenes were cleaned up...no cars in the background etc.

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Jan 26 2013, 4:47pm)

Jan 26 2013, 6:10pm

Post #18 of 18 (243 views)
Makes 2 of us lol [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.