Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
In which Ro continues having thoughts
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Kassandros
Rohan

Jan 26 2013, 12:56am

Post #101 of 120 (278 views)
Shortcut
Aha! Thank you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's a good image of them:

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/t28.jpg

all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us...

(This post was edited by Kassandros on Jan 26 2013, 12:57am)

Kassandros
Rohan

Jan 26 2013, 1:02am

Post #102 of 120 (278 views)
Shortcut
Practical, yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'd like to try something with my hair down rather than tied in back... just without all the hair-in-my-face problems. So I was wondering if this style would do that for me.

Kirly
Lorien

Jan 26 2013, 2:35am

Post #103 of 120 (266 views)
Shortcut
Are you in NZ? [In reply to] Can't Post

that looks so familiar.... it's been a while but near that mirror lake area?

My avatar photo is Lake Takepo in New Zealand's South Island. Taken by me in 2004 on a Red Carpet Tours LOTR Movie Location Tour. 'Twas the Vacation of a Lifetime!

pictures taken while on the tour are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Kirly7/LOTRNewZealandTour#

Kassandros
Rohan

Jan 26 2013, 3:25am

Post #104 of 120 (261 views)
Shortcut
It's Maine, actually. [In reply to] Can't Post

Swan's Island, Maine, United States.

Quite beautiful. Thats the Atlantic Ocean there, rather than a lake.

Kirly
Lorien

Jan 26 2013, 4:20am

Post #105 of 120 (264 views)
Shortcut
really??? compare... [In reply to] Can't Post

to this photo of new zealand. i think i see a great similarity.
https://picasaweb.google.com/...#5229959549766530738

My avatar photo is Lake Tekapo in New Zealand's South Island. Taken by me in 2004 on a Red Carpet Tours LOTR Movie Location Tour. 'Twas the Vacation of a Lifetime!

Kirly
Lorien

Jan 26 2013, 4:22am

Post #106 of 120 (256 views)
Shortcut
or this one [In reply to] Can't Post

https://picasaweb.google.com/...#5229959713559475714

My avatar photo is Lake Tekapo in New Zealand's South Island. Taken by me in 2004 on a Red Carpet Tours LOTR Movie Location Tour. 'Twas the Vacation of a Lifetime!

Kassandros
Rohan

Jan 26 2013, 4:23am

Post #107 of 120 (262 views)
Shortcut
Definitely Maine. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure quite a beautiful movie could be shot in Maine, actually. For what it's worth, the photographer is the friend of mine I've mentioned in the Off Topic forum.

Old Toby
Gondor

Jan 26 2013, 5:04am

Post #108 of 120 (291 views)
Shortcut
Actually RA rather enjoyed the long hair [In reply to] Can't Post

from a YouTube video called Max 60 Seconds with Richard Armitage, he responds to various questions thrown at him by Martin Freeman. One of them was "Missed the flowing locks or good riddance?" He replied that he missed the long hair and he would love to grow his own hair that long but didn't think it would work out....and besides, he'd be very limited in the parts he got!

Oh yeah and btw Kassandros...nice pic! Thanks for sharing! Keep the locks! I hope you find some nice hair ornaments to keep order, like the kind Thorin & family wear. Of course you realize, if you start looking too Thorin-like, you'll have women following you all around. Wink

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jan 26 2013, 7:03am

Post #109 of 120 (280 views)
Shortcut
I think it would. [In reply to] Can't Post

That thing Fili and Kili's hair looks like a Dwarvish version of a barette/hair clip. They have all the hair that grows in front closest to their faces all pulled back and held behind their heads by those clips.

Speaking as someone who used to wear her hair hip-length, and did style it in this way at times, yes, this does work to keep your hair out of your face. The clip keeps the hair that is in it from falling your face, and also keeps hair that is further away from doing so by getting in its way. In my experience, a clip or barette alone may slip/loosen over time or when moving about vigorously. Though you and the Dwarves might have this problem less as your hair is coarse and curly. Mine is bone straight and smooth, so the clips tended to slide down. For better hold I used a rubber hair band to hold that front hank of hair I had pulled back tightly in a pony tail, and then would wear a clip/barette over it for the decorative effect.

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 26 2013, 9:25am

Post #110 of 120 (239 views)
Shortcut
Hey Kirly, I see you have changed the spelling of Tekapo [In reply to] Can't Post

I noticed a few days ago that you had it spelled 'Takapo'. It jumped out at me instantly as incorrect, and I was going to let you know. Then I got interested in finding out more about the place name, and after reading several sources, discovered this:

The Maori called the area Takapo, meaning "To leave in haste at night". The current name, Tekapo is possibly a corruption of Takapo.

So then I started to think that perhaps you had deliberately used the original spelling of the word to be accurate, so I decided I shouldn't correct you. Crazy

Anyway, thanks to you I have now learned that it wasn't always Tekapo. Smile

Kassandros
Rohan

Jan 26 2013, 4:04pm

Post #111 of 120 (211 views)
Shortcut
Thanks. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info. I feel a little silly because it does sound pretty basic, but I've never really tried those. Don't think I've seen masculine looking hairclips before, but it's something that might be worth experimenting with.

Kirly
Lorien

Jan 26 2013, 5:00pm

Post #112 of 120 (206 views)
Shortcut
Yep another nice person messages me [In reply to] Can't Post

It was just a typo tho. Wish I could be as clever as you! :-)

oncefaster

Jan 26 2013, 10:31pm

Post #113 of 120 (195 views)
Shortcut
Snowy Lonely Mt. as the thrush approaches. [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably wrong but we saw a very snow covered mt. at the end and we MAY not see snow again unless seen as another distant view?

malla
Bree

Jan 29 2013, 12:54am

Post #114 of 120 (162 views)
Shortcut
AFTER VIEWING #35 ! [In reply to] Can't Post

...I too continue having thoughts !

It takes a pretty special movie for viewers to still be noticing and thinking about new things after 11 viewings, doesnít it? (Either that or said viewer is just a bit slow on the uptake, and if you suggest that, címere and Iíll thwap you.)

And sadly, it took me 35 viewings to notice this......

There are scorch marks on the curved walls in Bag End. At the beginning, when old Bilbo is writing and then talking with Frodo...you see the candles on the walls....with scorch marks above the candles!

I thought to myself,,,"wow, Bilbo has not only let the place get a bit cluttered with stuff, but has neglected to paint the place in a while." Then it goes back 60 years....and the walls are scorched then too!

Wonder what I'll discover if I make it to 50 viewings...Tongue

Tenna' ento lye omenta,
Malla

Rolfina
Rivendell

Jan 30 2013, 10:23am

Post #115 of 120 (139 views)
Shortcut
Maybe on #36 you should open your eyes [In reply to] Can't Post

I've only seen it 4 times and I have noticed the scorched walls. Tongue

malla
Bree

Jan 30 2013, 2:37pm

Post #116 of 120 (135 views)
Shortcut
guess I've been too busy...... [In reply to] Can't Post

...........looking at wrought iron work of candlesticks/fireplace tools/chandeliers/door hinges, woodwork on wonderful furniture pieces/arch ways/doors, beautiful windows,china patterns, paintings/sketches/maps on walls, tapestries, throws, blankets, stonework of fireplaces, mantels, wooden toys, various wicker baskets, the jars and jugs sitting abut on tables and shelves, quills and their holders, books, that fantastic dressing gown that Bilbo is wearing (which I am currently collecting fabrics to make myself a matching quilt..*sigh).....
........the list goes on and on......
...so yeah, I missed the scorchmarks....ah well.......Tongue

Tenna' ento lye omenta,
Malla

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 31 2013, 6:15pm

Post #117 of 120 (120 views)
Shortcut
The Robin is Michigan's State Bird [In reply to] Can't Post

(also known as Robin Redbreast) and our first true sign of Spring finally arriving. Suddenly they're all over the place and laying beautiful light-blue eggs. (Robin blue)

They have a very unique call... which this bird shares heartily with Radagast :)

First draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated list coming soon

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 5 2013, 1:20am

Post #118 of 120 (110 views)
Shortcut
I used to have a set of curtains [In reply to] Can't Post

I made with scrap cloth when we didn't have money for some proper drapes. I think I still have them in a box somewhere! ;)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 5 2013, 1:37am

Post #119 of 120 (111 views)
Shortcut
**I've Gathered Geeky List Info from this post :) THANKS ALL! [In reply to] Can't Post

**PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANYMORE OBSERVATIONS FOR THE LIST TO THIS THREAD!**
I've made the final gathering of geeky observations for this thread. Please post any additions to the most current Hobbit Movie Board Thread. THANKS MUCHLY!! J

Feel free to respond to posts in these threads, but please add new observations to the most current lists J I'm afraid I'm running out of time to go through all of the threads on a Quest for your very cool contributions! KEEP 'EM COMING!!!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 18 2013, 9:24pm

Post #120 of 120 (143 views)
Shortcut
**double checked** THANKS! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Second draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - updated list coming soon

sample

TIME Google Calendar

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.