Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Martin Freeman goes back to NZ,

Oleander Took
Rivendell

Jan 24 2013, 5:07pm

Post #1 of 13 (1471 views)
Shortcut
Martin Freeman goes back to NZ, Can't Post

to resume filming The Hobbit in May, according to this interview.

"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 24 2013, 5:56pm

Post #2 of 13 (745 views)
Shortcut
Thought it was interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

that he said there was still quite a lot of filming left to do. Considering how they've often said they re-write scripts so frequently as they film, I wonder what that means (if anything) in terms of any changes that might still be in store for the next two films.

I'm looking forward to the next round of vlogs :-).

sycorax82
Rohan

Jan 24 2013, 8:06pm

Post #3 of 13 (565 views)
Shortcut
I hope they add more character scenes between Bilbo and the Dwarves [In reply to] Can't Post

I would really like to see him interacting with all of them rather than just the odd word to Bofur or Balin.

Obviously they've got the Bo5A to shoot, so that's gonna take up most of the time, but there's chance for many more interesting scenes to sneak in.

More Saruman would be amazing too, but I doubt Christopher Lee is going to do any more filming. It would surprise me if he was in DoS and TABA at all, though I hope he is. He only shot for 2 days. Hopefully that meant a scene a day.

Lightice
Lorien

Jan 24 2013, 8:42pm

Post #4 of 13 (515 views)
Shortcut
I certainly hope that he will be properly utilised. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
More Saruman would be amazing too, but I doubt Christopher Lee is going to do any more filming. It would surprise me if he was in DoS and TABA at all, though I hope he is. He only shot for 2 days. Hopefully that meant a scene a day.

I expect that he has yet another talky scene and a bit of a support role in the assault on Dol Guldur. He doesn't have to do all that much to be impressive, and a body-double can be used if he needs to do anything physical, which I doubt. I could see him raise a storm to clean off evil miasma from Dol Guldur or possess orcs to attack each other, just based on what powers he demonstrated in the LotR.

Owain
Tol Eressea

Jan 24 2013, 8:42pm

Post #5 of 13 (482 views)
Shortcut
Good stuff.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Rostron2
Gondor

Jan 24 2013, 9:21pm

Post #6 of 13 (497 views)
Shortcut
Yes, it makes me wonder [In reply to] Can't Post

They made a decision to do three films after they'd shot a lot of the initial two-film package. These must be fill-in sequences for the next two films. Hopefully that will mean some nice moments for more of the dwarves, Gandalf and Bilbo.

I would love to see a Balin/Bilbo scene at the very end of the films, but I guess the bookend old Bilbo stuff will take care of closing out the film.

Kassandros
Rohan

Jan 24 2013, 9:26pm

Post #7 of 13 (569 views)
Shortcut
Awful news. This is going to ruin the next two movies. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, someone had to say it. Wink

all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us...

Kimtc
Rohan

Jan 24 2013, 9:32pm

Post #8 of 13 (463 views)
Shortcut
Yes, more vlogs soon! [In reply to] Can't Post

They have dramatically changed my experience and expectations for TH as opposed to the way we got info for LOTR. In fact, most of what I learned about the filming of LOTR was after the fact, with the DVD extras. Otherwise it was what I would read here. The vlogs really do a great job of getting me invested in seeing the film.

In Reply To
that he said there was still quite a lot of filming left to do. Considering how they've often said they re-write scripts so frequently as they film, I wonder what that means (if anything) in terms of any changes that might still be in store for the next two films.

I'm looking forward to the next round of vlogs :-).

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2013, 4:58am

Post #9 of 13 (319 views)
Shortcut
I wonder if they judge reaction to AUJ...or, more likely, the studio does...and [In reply to] Can't Post

then calls are made to add more of this or see more of this person etc. Considering the box office success I would imagine there is less studio pressure vs a disappointing box office. In addition, I wonder if they are adjusting scenes for the HFR.

namarie
Rohan

Jan 25 2013, 10:52am

Post #10 of 13 (264 views)
Shortcut
May was mentioned also by Graham McTavish [In reply to] Can't Post

as the month when they are starting filming again.
And they will film until August.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Graham McTavish @grahammctavish
"@wanderlustred: @grahammctavish do you have to do any more filming?" From May till August. Some good stuff to come that's for sure!!..

http://twitter.com/grahammctavish

“The world is not in your books and maps. It's out there!”

Rostron2
Gondor

Jan 25 2013, 7:36pm

Post #11 of 13 (173 views)
Shortcut
Yup I agree... [In reply to] Can't Post

The scene they are adding with Tauriel falling in love with Azog is truly awful. But she has to do it, so that he will turn back into a handsome prince before the rose crumbles. Oops wrong story.

Old Toby
Gondor

Jan 26 2013, 5:15am

Post #12 of 13 (144 views)
Shortcut
snort!... [In reply to] Can't Post

Sly

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Tim
Tol Eressea

Jan 27 2013, 7:05pm

Post #13 of 13 (134 views)
Shortcut
I'm going to go back to New Zealand as well [In reply to] Can't Post

After I've been there the first time, whenever that is.

Cheers for movie 3! I dug movie 1.

Arthur: What manner of man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: I... am an enchanter.
Arthur: By what name are you known?
Tim: There are some who call me... 'Tim'...?
Arthur: ...greetings, Tim the Enchanter.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.