Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
"Is it Ottilia, Hun?" (The Sporadic Silly Spam Thread)

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Jan 23 2013, 10:12pm

Post #1 of 4 (104 views)
Shortcut
"Is it Ottilia, Hun?" (The Sporadic Silly Spam Thread) Can't Post

Here is a "combo" of this weeks delicious offerings I received (for free!) in my spam folder:

1) From: "Ottilia Owens-- This Company is our Subpenny Alert" (What's a subpenny, Precious?CrazyBlush)

2) Subject line: "Quataion"
"Please send me quote on the requested product. We will like to make an order of 20ft container ASAP."

(But, but, they didn't name any product for me to make a quat on! How shall I proceed?)

3)
"Desmond Rollo--
Hello, Can we work together? We are destined for success. Can I entrust this transaction into your hands? Can you uphold financial transaction
in utmost secrecy, sincerity and seriousness?. I want you to stand as the heir apparent to a bank account belonging to a deceased person.
There is no time to waste, this matter calls for urgency."

(So that must be what [who] is in that 20 ft. container, along with the funds, I expect? Starling, can you get your manservant to carry it home for me?)

And the prizewinner!

Compliments Of The Season, Forgive my indignation if this message comes to you as a surprise and may offend your personality for contacting you without your prior consent and writing through this channel . . .
(Hmmmmm?)
Anyone feel like turning all these into a story? Or writing their own creative spam for fun and profit? Or maybe it just makes you run off and watch Monty Python episodes.Cool

(This post was edited by Ethel Duath on Jan 23 2013, 10:13pm)

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 23 2013, 10:36pm

Post #2 of 4 (52 views)
Shortcut
I had my first txt-spam last week. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've won $2,500 million in online Lotto - all I need do is email a gmail address and I'm Scrooge McDuck rich.

Anyone want some of this? I'm sure I can ask for the cash in various currencies - perhaps even Nigerian Nairas.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Jan 23 2013, 11:00pm

Post #3 of 4 (39 views)
Shortcut
My favorite spam [In reply to] Can't Post

Are the ones I get from the "FBI" claiming I've been ripped off by Nigerians and offering to get my money for me. All I have to do is click on the link....and send them my bank information. It would be more credible if there weren't so many misspellings and obvious cut-and-pastes (text different sizes).

There it is: dwarves are not heroes, but calculating folk with a great idea of the value of money; some are tricky and treacherous and pretty bad lots; some are not, but are decent enough people like Thorin and Company, if you don't expect too much.

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Jan 23 2013, 11:09pm

Post #4 of 4 (74 views)
Shortcut
I get them all the time! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's the latest from Interpol (today),an excerpt:

"Attn: Unpaid Beneficiary,

It is quite glaring as shown on our records that you have not received your reimbursement of $1.5 Million US Dollars only due to the
actions/activities of corrupt Government Officials who almost held the fund to themselves for their own personal and selfish reasons.

Faithfully,
Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde
Financial Crimes Commission
CC: National Central Bureau of Interpol"

There it is: dwarves are not heroes, but calculating folk with a great idea of the value of money; some are tricky and treacherous and pretty bad lots; some are not, but are decent enough people like Thorin and Company, if you don't expect too much.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.