Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Dr Who all go for an NZ-based episode?

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 23 2013, 7:37pm

Post #1 of 13 (175 views)
Shortcut
Dr Who all go for an NZ-based episode? Can't Post

This story about the Mama scriptwriter being based in New Zealand has this intriguing paragraph buried in its depths:

He is in line to write a New Zealand set episode after Sir Peter Jackson accepted an invitation to direct an episode from the show's lead Matt Smith issued in a Waikato Times interview.

The last we heard, Matt had answered an NZ journalist's question about filming in NZ with a 'Sure, why not', a journalist then broached the idea with PJ and he said he's a huge Dr Who fan and would love to do something like that, and Steven Moffat was heard making positive noises about PJ's interest. Now - if the journalist is right and isn't just stretching 'maybes' into a certainty - it looks like things might be moving in that direction.

*fingers crossed*

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Annael
Half-elven

Jan 23 2013, 8:22pm

Post #2 of 13 (119 views)
Shortcut
oh how fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

After all the Doctor can go anywhere, and why would he not go to the most beautiful country on earth?

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jan 23 2013, 9:59pm

Post #3 of 13 (102 views)
Shortcut
What a great convergence of fandoms! [In reply to] Can't Post

Would they refer to the LotR movies, do you think? Another fun episode would resemble the one with Agatha Christie, only with the Doctor encountering the young Professor. Smile

Greenwood Hobbit
Gondor

Jan 23 2013, 10:59pm

Post #4 of 13 (90 views)
Shortcut
Oooh, tasty! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Tardis in Middle Earth... that would be one crazy crossover! Ah well, a girl can dream...

Steven Van der Berg
Rivendell

Jan 24 2013, 3:51am

Post #5 of 13 (97 views)
Shortcut
Would be fun, though... [In reply to] Can't Post

as if the Tolkien estate isn't having enough of a fuss over Sir Peter's treatment of the material, what would a cross-over do? It so needs to happen. ;)

dormouse
Half-elven

Jan 24 2013, 1:41pm

Post #6 of 13 (68 views)
Shortcut
Ooo - yes! that'd really be fun.. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jan 24 2013, 5:43pm

Post #7 of 13 (63 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... *pictures Gandalf & the Doctor trying to out-grump each other* Fun!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 24 2013, 5:46pm

Post #8 of 13 (70 views)
Shortcut
I remeber Eledhwen [In reply to] Can't Post

wrote and posted a very nice ME/Dr Who cross over a while back.

" So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 24 2013, 8:12pm

Post #9 of 13 (56 views)
Shortcut
I'd love to see that again. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 24 2013, 8:18pm

Post #10 of 13 (62 views)
Shortcut
I ran across this t shirt image the other day [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.tshirtroundup.com/...our-natural-elements

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jan 24 2013, 9:31pm

Post #11 of 13 (71 views)
Shortcut
Cool! Though, personally, [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd trade out Star Wars for Star Trek - IDIC instead of the Force.Wink

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2013, 5:27am

Post #12 of 13 (57 views)
Shortcut
That's one of my favorite episodes :) [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be fun if they did something similar with young Professor Tolkien. But then again, some kind of interaction with elves and hobbits in an alternative universe would also be great fun. Hmmm...maybe some combination of the two? Cool

"The question isn't where, Constable, but when." - Inspector Spacetime

deej
Tol Eressea

Jan 28 2013, 2:37pm

Post #13 of 13 (49 views)
Shortcut
I'd love to see this happen. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd be so interested to see what PJ would do with Doctor Who!

"The Hobbits bowed low. 'Most gracious host', said Frodo, 'It was said to me by Elrond Half-Elven that I should find friendship upon the way, secret and unlooked for. Certainly I have found no such friendship as you have shown. To have found it turns evil to great good."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.