Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
If the Hobbit were Directed By...
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Jan 23 2013, 2:11pm

Post #51 of 57 (182 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo's Big Adventure [In reply to] Can't Post

The Quest would end at The Alamo in San Antonio Texas.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

Oin's parasite
Rivendell

Jan 23 2013, 3:36pm

Post #52 of 57 (229 views)
Shortcut
Wes Anderson [In reply to] Can't Post

All the actors would be new faces save Gandalf who would be played by Bill Murray and Bilbo who would be Jason Swartzman.The main color templant for the entire movie would be oranges, browns, and reds. It would all be shot in a small town in Washington, and there would be all sorts of quirky dialog throughout

"Good Morning"
"Bilbo , want to go kill a dragon?"
-akward silence-
-Bilbo takes puff from pipe-
"Why not."
-Aucostic guitar plays quirky tune and we cut to the title which is on a consruction paper backdrop-

"I've got parasites as big as my arm!"

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Jan 23 2013, 3:42pm

Post #53 of 57 (164 views)
Shortcut
Aha-ha-ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

"my breath death!" Too funny! LaughLaughLaugh

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Jan 23 2013, 4:01pm

Post #54 of 57 (196 views)
Shortcut
John Hughes [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin, popular high school senior, fakes a bout of dragon-sickness and skips school. He drags along his reluctant homebody friend, Bilbo, and his girlfriend, AlassŽa Eruvande, on one last epic quest before they head off to college. However, the school's principal, Azog, believes Thorin's dragon-sickness is an excuse for truancy, and pursues the trio. Along the way, the heroes stop to visit an art museum in Rivendell, where Bilbo has an existential moment with his forehead pressed up against the moon crystal table. As they leave Rivendell, they are almost spotted by Thorin's dad, Gandalf, as he looks out the window at his office, where he is engaged in yet another mind numbing White Council.
Thorin, Bilbo, and AlassŽa join in an ethnic pride Von Goblin Day parade, which gets slightly out of hand, and they are chased to the tune of "Twist and Shout", dodging orcs and running down impossibly steep paths. They narrowly miss being crushed by The Great Goblin as he falls into the arms of the girls at the end of the song.

...to be continued in films 2 & 3.
Tongue

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Jan 23 2013, 6:02pm

Post #55 of 57 (183 views)
Shortcut
Cue music for the chase by Orcs scene: [In reply to] Can't Post

....that song that goes "[computerized] (bom bom) [basso:] OOOOOOOH YEAHHH.....! [Whispered:] chick-a-chick-ahhh!"

That is great stuff AE! Laugh Laughx5!!!!

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Elenorflower
Gondor

Jan 23 2013, 6:47pm

Post #56 of 57 (160 views)
Shortcut
If John Yates directed [In reply to] Can't Post

the magical atmosphere would have been destroyed to be replaced by mundane dark mirky lighting.

Brethil
Half-elven

Jan 26 2013, 1:03am

Post #57 of 57 (164 views)
Shortcut
David Lynch ala Dune [In reply to] Can't Post

Magnificently painted cloth backdrop landscapes fluttering in the breeze.

There's already a fat sweaty bad guy, so theres a spot for the Great Goblin. Easy.

The mysteries of magic would be expressed clearly by everyone magical zapping each other with enormous blasty ray guns.

On the plus side maybe Thorin could step out of the spa in the teeny loincloth...?

...she took the point at once, but she also took the spoons.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.