Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Great action music

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Jan 19 2013, 11:12pm

Post #1 of 7 (366 views)
Shortcut
Great action music Can't Post

Roast Mutton (extended version), betwen 2:21 and 3:30. Especially when the "fanfare" kicks in at 2:39 and 3:03. Why the frigging heck was that not used in the film? They kept the worst parts of that track but didn't use the "fanfares". Instead we get plenty of the Misty Mountain theme *yawn* which just doesn't cut it as an action track. PJ, why, WHY?!

Owain
Tol Eressea

Jan 19 2013, 11:48pm

Post #2 of 7 (176 views)
Shortcut
Are you asking why it wasn't used at all or just during... [In reply to] Can't Post

a particular scene?

As far as I can tell, that section was used for parts of the Goblin Town chase.

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Jan 19 2013, 11:59pm

Post #3 of 7 (164 views)
Shortcut
Both [In reply to] Can't Post

In particular, the brassy fanfare bits i pointed out. I haven't heard those anywhere, at least i don't remember. You can watch pretty much the whole goblin town chase on youtube, nothing.

Boulderfist
The Shire

Jan 20 2013, 8:07am

Post #4 of 7 (116 views)
Shortcut
It's all there. [In reply to] Can't Post

Everything you time stamped is all there. From the the moment Kili jumps from the bushes and yells "drop him" to the very end of the fight scene.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Jan 20 2013, 9:05am

Post #5 of 7 (105 views)
Shortcut
It's not all there [In reply to] Can't Post

The troll scene is also on youtube. I checked it.

FlyingSerkis
Rivendell

Jan 20 2013, 10:48am

Post #6 of 7 (104 views)
Shortcut
Some confusion here [In reply to] Can't Post

You are totally right in saying that the film doesn't have that piece of music in it - i.e the passage from the Extended Version of Roast Mutton. However, the Standard Edition version of the track contains, in the same timestamps, what I believe to be the version used in the film. I think this is what others are talking about.

Funny that they should have two alternates for the two different versions of the soundtrack, but there are lots of funny things about the soundtrack of AUJ Evil Wink

Then Manwė and Yavanna parted for that time, and Yavanna returned to Aulė; and he was in his smithy, pouring molten metal into a mould. 'Eru is bountiful,' she said. 'Now let thy children beware! For there shall walk a power in the forests whose wrath they will arouse at their peril.'

'Nonetheless they will have need of wood,' said Aulė, and he went on with his smith-work.

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Jan 20 2013, 1:01pm

Post #7 of 7 (127 views)
Shortcut
And typical it's the short version that has the best version... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Funny that they should have two alternates for the two different versions of the soundtrack, but there are lots of funny things about the soundtrack of AUJ Evil Wink

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.