Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
This was really interesting to read

Elvanui
Bree

Jan 21 2013, 3:39pm

Views: 69
Shortcut
This was really interesting to read [In reply to] Can't Post

and I loved your thoughts. I've not a lot more to add as I'm not a musical sort by nature, but I had been hoping for a more developed version of the strings section of The Edge of the Wild that starts at 1:20 in the next films. I had it in my mind that it was going to be linked to Beorn and his wild and mysterious nature, and his transformation, for some reason. I could see that section of the track accompanying him transforming at night, surrounded by a lot of spinning leaves. Or chaotic weather of some sort! But anyway, yes it does make sense for that track to be missing from the part of this film when they're leaving Rivendell. I think it will be a shame though if this is all we hear of it.

"...under all there was a great joy: a fountain of mirth enough to set a kingdom laughing, were it to gush forth."

Subject User Time
AUJ Special Edition Soundtrack Bonus Tracks FlyingSerkis Send a private message to FlyingSerkis Jan 19 2013, 9:52pm
    My thoughts exactly about 'Edge of the Wild' Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Jan 20 2013, 12:12am
        Cool :-) FlyingSerkis Send a private message to FlyingSerkis Jan 20 2013, 10:38am
            It's always good to have more discussion about the music! Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Jan 20 2013, 12:35pm
                I think there is still hope... FlyingSerkis Send a private message to FlyingSerkis Jan 20 2013, 3:11pm
    Dwarf Lords Curunír Send a private message to Curunír Jan 20 2013, 1:10am
        Wow, thanks! FlyingSerkis Send a private message to FlyingSerkis Jan 20 2013, 10:31am
    This was really interesting to read Elvanui Send a private message to Elvanui Jan 21 2013, 3:39pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.