Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The theories were true! Azog is Yazneg! I mean, Yazneg is Azog!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Súlimë
Rivendell

Jan 19 2013, 3:01am

Post #26 of 38 (416 views)
Shortcut
I like CGI-Azog [In reply to] Can't Post

To be honest I was never a fan of gross-looking Orcs. I like them to look scary, not dirty and deformed.

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Jan 19 2013, 3:17am

Post #27 of 38 (365 views)
Shortcut
Huh?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Saruman, Wormtongue, Gollum, Gorbag, Gothmog, Mouth of Sauron, Snaga. All pretty big baddies.

Maybe they got tired of people saying
that because many of the baddies in LOTR were dark skinned, that the production was racist.

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Jan 19 2013, 3:19am)

brucewayne
Bree

Jan 19 2013, 5:29am

Post #28 of 38 (394 views)
Shortcut
Bolg [In reply to] Can't Post

Is Bolg CGI?
He looks pretty scary

(This post was edited by Earl on Jan 19 2013, 6:38am)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 19 2013, 5:54am

Post #29 of 38 (328 views)
Shortcut
I agree it's a spurious claim [In reply to] Can't Post

since there were in fact white skinned villains, including the orc Gothmog. But it is true that apart from a few named villians, and the Wild Men that Saruman hired, most of the "enemy" were not white... black and brown skinned people played Haradrim, Easterlings, and Uruk-hai or no one.

Perhaps you don't remember seeing stories such as this one back when the trilogy was in full bloom? (And people thought critics were hard on TH:AUJ.)

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Jan 19 2013, 6:01am)

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Jan 19 2013, 2:27pm

Post #30 of 38 (273 views)
Shortcut
Coud be that Azog was only in the flashback and did die! [In reply to] Can't Post

so that Rawl's character (later designated Yazneg) was a re-animated Azog - I wonder if GDT's idea was to have re-animated Orcs and other zombies peopling Dol Guldur?

And don't forget that although Conan Stevens is now playing Bolg, he was originally announced as playing Azog...could that mean simply that the Bolg look is what they originally had in mind for Azog? Crazy

Obviously there's still a part of that saga yet to be unravelled!!

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

(This post was edited by Eleniel on Jan 19 2013, 2:27pm)

Snatcher
The Shire

Jan 19 2013, 2:54pm

Post #31 of 38 (259 views)
Shortcut
I can already see the Blu-Ray bonus feature's title... [In reply to] Can't Post

From Azog To Bolg To Azog To Yazneg... And Back Again.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jan 19 2013, 3:29pm

Post #32 of 38 (275 views)
Shortcut
Yes, the Bolg look is what was originally supposed to be Azog [In reply to] Can't Post

They went with the Yazneg design instead.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jan 19 2013, 4:49pm

Post #33 of 38 (280 views)
Shortcut
So, they designed Azog, cast Conan Stevens, [In reply to] Can't Post

but why did they shift the actor/design to Bolg? And what made them think the "Yazneg" design would have worked as a pivotal villain? This seems rather like musical orcs! Tongue

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

willowing
Lorien

Jan 19 2013, 9:49pm

Post #34 of 38 (233 views)
Shortcut
Azog and Gollum [In reply to] Can't Post

Except for their sizes I think Gollum and Azog are twins in disguise.

One is in pursuit of a King the other about to pursue a Ring.

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Jan 19 2013, 10:00pm

Post #35 of 38 (205 views)
Shortcut
(May I play too?) One is missing a hand, the other is missing... [In reply to] Can't Post

a band (a Ring)

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Lio
Lorien

Jan 19 2013, 11:25pm

Post #36 of 38 (212 views)
Shortcut
Didn't know that about the Bolg design [In reply to] Can't Post

Now I wonder about what the actual design process for creating Azog was. This is the impression I'm getting:

1st design, which was then used for Bolg
2nd design, which was then used for Yazneg
3rd design, Azog's final look

It gets me thinking, was there originally a different design for Bolg as well? Hmm.

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I'm glad they didn't stick with the "Yazneg" design for Azog. It just doesn't look very much like he could be Bolg's father! Or maybe Bolg would just take after his mom... Tongue

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser!

glor
Rohan

Jan 19 2013, 11:37pm

Post #37 of 38 (188 views)
Shortcut
ahh yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

I recall those kind of allegations, which I found deeply ironic seeing as there were few, if any such allegations of racism against the Harry Potter franchise; a wizard school actually set in a modern Britain....Not even Eton is a white as Hogwarts.

Rostron2
Gondor

Jan 20 2013, 12:36am

Post #38 of 38 (253 views)
Shortcut
They may have [In reply to] Can't Post

filmed the action sequences with the live actor and maybe looked terrible. Nobody's fault, it's just sometimes things don't look right once the camera catches it. They decided to use CG later on, perhaps. *shrugs*

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.