Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Soundtrack buffs

brucewayne
Bree

Jan 16 2013, 8:13pm

Post #1 of 12 (626 views)
Shortcut
Soundtrack buffs Can't Post

Can you tell me what songs are in this trailer? I want to make my own!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwvpGnlYVQk

FlyingSerkis
Rivendell

Jan 16 2013, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 12 (354 views)
Shortcut
Ok I can do this [In reply to] Can't Post

Assuming you want the tracks from the OST (Original Soundtrack) as opposed to Complete Recordings set, the first half is from "Hope and Memory", from ROTK.

From 1:25 the music is from "The Breaking of the Fellowship" from FOTR.

Hope that's the info you wanted Smile

Then Manw and Yavanna parted for that time, and Yavanna returned to Aul; and he was in his smithy, pouring molten metal into a mould. 'Eru is bountiful,' she said. 'Now let thy children beware! For there shall walk a power in the forests whose wrath they will arouse at their peril.'

'Nonetheless they will have need of wood,' said Aul, and he went on with his smith-work.

brucewayne
Bree

Jan 16 2013, 10:00pm

Post #3 of 12 (321 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

But it looks like at around 1:40 or so it changes or skips ahead. I can't find the exact bit in Breaking of the fellowship, but I could be missing it. Any ideas?

FlyingSerkis
Rivendell

Jan 16 2013, 10:34pm

Post #4 of 12 (311 views)
Shortcut
Hey, this is interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

Listening again, 1:25-2:07 in the video is definitely the same composition as the section 0:08-0:50 in "The Breaking of the Fellowship", but it has an audibly different orchestration to it. I wonder if this version is taken from the LOTR Symphony or something? Most peculiar!

The way I hear it, it is at 2:07 where it skips a section. Here I hear the bit of "The Breaking..." that starts at 4:38. But then, maybe it hasn't "skipped" anything? Maybe, in the version of the song that this poster had, this is how the composition went? I'll have to listen to the Symphony to see if that's where it's come from.

Smile

Then Manw and Yavanna parted for that time, and Yavanna returned to Aul; and he was in his smithy, pouring molten metal into a mould. 'Eru is bountiful,' she said. 'Now let thy children beware! For there shall walk a power in the forests whose wrath they will arouse at their peril.'

'Nonetheless they will have need of wood,' said Aul, and he went on with his smith-work.

(This post was edited by FlyingSerkis on Jan 16 2013, 10:36pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 16 2013, 10:47pm

Post #5 of 12 (314 views)
Shortcut
I just checked the FOTR EE fan club credits [In reply to] Can't Post

because that has a version of the Breaking of the Fellowship played by the NZ Symphony Orchestra. But it isn't the same as the video music.

I don't have the symphony ripped so it's not as easy for me to check that.

btw, was the audio on that video messed up or was something awry on my system?

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

brucewayne
Bree

Jan 16 2013, 10:54pm

Post #6 of 12 (297 views)
Shortcut
It's not you [In reply to] Can't Post

The dialogue, not the score, is off, especially when Gandalf is saying "you feel it's power growing...". I'm actually the commenter who said that on the video!

And I'm lookin on youtube, and can't find what it's from! I'll check the symphony I guess.

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 16 2013, 11:01pm

Post #7 of 12 (294 views)
Shortcut
when I said 'messed up' [In reply to] Can't Post

I meant that there was all this noise and clicking in the sound. I just played another youtube video and it was okay and I played a soundfile on my harddrive and that was okay.

But that video you linked to sounded like the sound was corrupt.

FlyingSerkis
Rivendell

Jan 16 2013, 11:04pm

Post #8 of 12 (308 views)
Shortcut
Good thinking [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
because that has a version of the Breaking of the Fellowship played by the NZ Symphony Orchestra. But it isn't the same as the video music.

I don't have the symphony ripped so it's not as easy for me to check that.

btw, was the audio on that video messed up or was something awry on my system?

Nice thought about the NZSO recording, and the audio does seem a bit distorted on that video.

I have checked the Symphony on youtube and it's definitely not that. Crazy

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 16 2013, 11:21pm

Post #9 of 12 (296 views)
Shortcut
well... there was a time... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would have spent hours working it out.

I think my obsessive nature is waning a bit as I age.

I will offer this. The beginning is A Hobbit's Understanding and that theme is heard here in the movies:

Places this theme is heard in FOTR:

During Bilbo's quiet words with Frodo at the Long Expected Party. The Hymn Chords precede and continue under A Hobbit's Understanding. (EE scene)

In Moria, when Frodo says, I wish the Ring had never come to me. Gandalf encourages Frodo that he is meant to carry this burden, attempt this quest.

At Parth Galen after Frodo wishes the Ring had never come to him. The Hymn chords (only) begin as we hear Gandalf's voice, "All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." The chords continue under A Hobbit's Understanding which begins as we see the resolution on Frodo's face and he pushes the boat into the water.

When Frodo hauls Sam out of the water and into the boat and Sam chastises him for trying to leave him behind. Sam has promised to stay with Frodo and he means to keep his promise.

Just as the Three Hunters run off to follow Merry & Pippin and the camera cuts to Frodo & Sam climbing Amon Lhaw on the opposite bank. On the rise, the two Hobbits contemplate Mordor and their separation from their friends.

One place this theme is heard in TTT:

During Sam's speech in Osgiliath that begins with, "But in the end, it's only a passing thing." and ends with, "I think, Mr. Frodo... I do understand."

brucewayne
Bree

Jan 17 2013, 4:59pm

Post #10 of 12 (307 views)
Shortcut
any other ideas? [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 18 2013, 2:20am

Post #11 of 12 (263 views)
Shortcut
did you listen to the scenes I listed? [In reply to] Can't Post

Other than that, I have nothing to offer.

Sorry.

brucewayne
Bree

Jan 18 2013, 2:49am

Post #12 of 12 (452 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

But there is only the Soundtrack version, and unless I'm mistaken, none are the version in the trailer

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.