Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
This is a very good topic for discussion.

Me
The Shire

Jan 14 2013, 6:12pm

Views: 59
Shortcut
This is a very good topic for discussion. [In reply to] Can't Post

Try to acknowledge the fact that Tolkien had a lot of respect for animals and creatures, in a similar way to C.S. Lewis. It would honor his memory quite well if people had an open mind regarding his mythology. His world is very vast, and expands a little farther than LOTR or UEJ. A little insightful thinking is appropriate and should be utilized in order to properly assess the lands and races which are very much apart of his world. Beorn would have had good reason to call upon his animals to fight in the BOFA. Just becouse it wasn't mentioned specifically doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Maybe Beorn just took a couple of beasts with him, but Tolkien didn't elaborate on it because it wasn't that much of a game changer. Tolkien's world is, very very large, and he is not able to tell us exactly what happened for every second of such a large battle. Beorn is someone that Tolkien cared to elaborate on, his character should be treated accordingly in the next two installments.

Subject User Time
Beorn and bears Radagast's Lead Bunny Send a private message to Radagast's Lead Bunny Jan 13 2013, 6:43pm
    Given that there are so many parallels between LOTR and AUJ Calenheniel Send a private message to Calenheniel Jan 13 2013, 6:46pm
    beorn jimmyfenn Send a private message to jimmyfenn Jan 13 2013, 6:47pm
        Why do you think it will be better in the film? // Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jan 13 2013, 7:24pm
            well jimmyfenn Send a private message to jimmyfenn Jan 13 2013, 8:00pm
                Interesting Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jan 13 2013, 8:17pm
    I hope so DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jan 13 2013, 8:02pm
        It would be sad, if he was the only bear of his kind... Me Send a private message to Me Jan 14 2013, 9:11am
    I would prefer just Beorn at BOFA Eurolock Send a private message to Eurolock Jan 14 2013, 5:20am
    That would be SWEET!!! I wish more people thought like you do. Me Send a private message to Me Jan 14 2013, 8:09am
        It would no longer be the Battle of the Five Armies though DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jan 14 2013, 8:19am
            It is the Battle of the five armies, not the Battle of the five creatures... Me Send a private message to Me Jan 14 2013, 8:36am
    This is a very good topic for discussion. Me Send a private message to Me Jan 14 2013, 6:12pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.