Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Whoa, whoa!:)

Sunflower
Valinor

Dec 5 2007, 9:18pm

Views: 258
Shortcut
Whoa, whoa!:) [In reply to] Can't Post

"Hijacking the thread" indeed!

Maybe you or Magpie should start a "favorite films" thread! That way we can cover the whole gamut of film scores, guilty pleasures, etc. FYI, Eregian, I actually have "War of the Worlds" and the Extended DVD of Kingdom of Heaven at home! Ridley Scott is one of my top 10 favorite directors. He's like the new Stanley Kubrick---I'd go to see anything he does, and his repretoire is huge, he can leap from genre to genre and still come out with something great.

Seriously....if there's a new thread I'll reply there....thanks for the clips, I'll def. take a listen!

BTW, don't write off Golden Compass yet. We won't know until Monday for sure. Having read the books, I have to tell you I'm no fan of the books. The third book, "The Subtle Knife" I think, turns me completely off and kills the series for me. But I only care about how Shaye's--and more importantly Time Warner's-- reaction to the TCG Box Office will impact The Hobbit, so it really doesn't matter to me if the film flops or not. What I mean is, I'm not one of these people who really wants to see it fail, and there are a lot of those.

Subject User Time
PJ Confirmed to Direct 2 Hobbit Films in 3D calisuri Send a private message to calisuri Dec 1 2007, 2:03am
    um...*twitch*? Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Dec 1 2007, 4:38am
    Hoo-flippin-ray! Patty Send a private message to Patty Dec 1 2007, 4:40am
        I'm telling you Annael Send a private message to Annael Dec 1 2007, 5:46am
            3-D Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 1 2007, 7:02am
                3D doesn't mean computer generated Owlyross Send a private message to Owlyross Dec 1 2007, 8:42am
                    Exactly. Patty Send a private message to Patty Dec 1 2007, 4:24pm
                    Owlyress is quite right,,, Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Dec 1 2007, 4:40pm
                        3D Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 1 2007, 5:58pm
        Main! Main! Main! *nods enthusiastically* // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 2 2007, 12:14am
    I have been checking this blog regularly... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Dec 1 2007, 5:04am
    Well, PJ is on record Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 1 2007, 5:07am
    Modified rapture! Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Dec 1 2007, 5:19am
    I like the sound of this FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Dec 1 2007, 10:11am
        Maybe.... Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 1 2007, 12:28pm
            That's the problem FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Dec 1 2007, 12:47pm
    I Hope So!! JRandomRohirrim Send a private message to JRandomRohirrim Dec 1 2007, 3:37pm
    Hope this is real! barahliofrohan Send a private message to barahliofrohan Dec 1 2007, 4:24pm
    Interesting Windfola Send a private message to Windfola Dec 1 2007, 6:15pm
    Very much worried about 3D Unspoken_Request Send a private message to Unspoken_Request Dec 1 2007, 7:09pm
    On 3-D becoming standard: GaladrielTX Send a private message to GaladrielTX Dec 1 2007, 7:18pm
    Oh for Pete's Sake! WHAT!? grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 1 2007, 8:10pm
        Ah, this is what I have been waiting for! Patty Send a private message to Patty Dec 1 2007, 8:13pm
        But only if the crayons are colour. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 1 2007, 8:16pm
        Don't worry, PJ would only use the best. Crayola all the way!!// Eärwen Swan Maiden Of Alqualondë Send a private message to Eärwen Swan Maiden Of Alqualondë Dec 1 2007, 9:51pm
    *Silence* The Wicked Lute Tavern Dec 1 2007, 9:10pm
        Another Journey The Wicked Lute Tavern Dec 1 2007, 9:21pm
    My birthday is December 11th Eärwen Swan Maiden Of Alqualondë Send a private message to Eärwen Swan Maiden Of Alqualondë Dec 1 2007, 9:50pm
    LAME hbteamhuh Send a private message to hbteamhuh Dec 1 2007, 10:02pm
        Read above. 3D with live actors and real environments exists Unspoken_Request Send a private message to Unspoken_Request Dec 1 2007, 11:14pm
    not "confirmed' _V_ Send a private message to _V_ Dec 1 2007, 10:28pm
    I'd just be happy to see 'LotR' up on the big screen again deej Send a private message to deej Dec 2 2007, 12:33am
        But ME is "real", and it needs to look REAL. Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 2 2007, 1:37am
            P.S. IT'S NOT TRUE.--official Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 2 2007, 1:47am
                Linkie to AICN news item: Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 2 2007, 2:03am
                    Ack. We shoulda known! Patty Send a private message to Patty Dec 2 2007, 2:21am
                    I was one of the grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 2 2007, 12:08pm
                Still "unconfirmed" nothing else jimdorey Send a private message to jimdorey Dec 2 2007, 4:57am
                    Well.... Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 2 2007, 5:55am
                    *smiles* grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 2 2007, 12:13pm
                    Shaye has to have the pleasure... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Dec 2 2007, 2:44pm
                        Yup. I think you're right on there, Compa BuckyUnderbelly Send a private message to BuckyUnderbelly Dec 3 2007, 9:03pm
                            My question though ... BuckyUnderbelly Send a private message to BuckyUnderbelly Dec 3 2007, 9:27pm
                                Aren't those American guilds? FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Dec 3 2007, 9:31pm
                                    True. The guilds are American ... BuckyUnderbelly Send a private message to BuckyUnderbelly Dec 3 2007, 9:51pm
                                        I don't have any actual knowledge FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Dec 4 2007, 7:42am
                                            For those who are interested Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 4 2007, 9:35am
                                                Is The Golden Compass a "make or break" the studio like LotR was? Patty Send a private message to Patty Dec 4 2007, 7:22pm
                                                    In a word..... Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 5 2007, 5:39am
                                                        Hijacking this thread Eregian Send a private message to Eregian Dec 5 2007, 9:47am
                                                            Whoa, whoa!:) Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 5 2007, 9:18pm
                    You know, I have done a pretty good job Eärwen Swan Maiden Of Alqualondë Send a private message to Eärwen Swan Maiden Of Alqualondë Dec 2 2007, 4:13pm
                        I posted this in the other topic by mistake Earl Send a private message to Earl Dec 2 2007, 5:04pm
                PJ must find it amusing strider4king Send a private message to strider4king Dec 2 2007, 7:43pm
                    Art vs. money FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Dec 2 2007, 8:29pm
            3d does not equal cgi Eregian Send a private message to Eregian Dec 3 2007, 10:23am
                EXACTLY. Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 3 2007, 11:56am
                    One more thing Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 3 2007, 12:28pm
                    Technology ~ Emotion Eregian Send a private message to Eregian Dec 3 2007, 2:23pm
                        I DID see Beowulf. Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 3 2007, 8:15pm
                            Taste is what it's all about Eregian Send a private message to Eregian Dec 3 2007, 9:38pm
                                Okay.... Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 4 2007, 4:26am
                                    Movie tastes: The Sequel Eregian Send a private message to Eregian Dec 4 2007, 1:03pm
                                        disaster movies Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 4 2007, 2:20pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.