Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Here's something that takes my breath away -
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Gwenhwyfar
The Shire

Jan 11 2013, 3:40am

Post #26 of 36 (159 views)
Shortcut
Oh my. [In reply to] Can't Post

This product has 0 reviews! What an oversight! I'm sure its manufacturers would appreciate it if we all submitted our thoughts on this item and feedback on how they might improve their sales.

I think mine shall read as follows:

"The dirt is satisfactorily dirty, but I found the cork got quite rude when I tried to take it up on its generous offer. I would like to order another bit of dirt for my Grandma's birthday, but I'm afraid she won't tolerate such unmannerliness from a container. Would you consider packaging your dirt in a nice teapot edition? Willow pattern would be lovely. Thanks! xx"

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Jan 11 2013, 4:41am

Post #27 of 36 (137 views)
Shortcut
Gramma, I do love you <3 // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

squire
Valinor

Jan 11 2013, 5:21am

Post #28 of 36 (147 views)
Shortcut
What Would Sauron Demand? // [In reply to] Can't Post

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd (and NOW the 4th too!) TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion; and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 11 2013, 10:06am

Post #29 of 36 (134 views)
Shortcut
Where Would Strider Divert? // [In reply to] Can't Post

gramma's The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey Line Party Report & Review
and first draught of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Jan 11 2013, 4:51pm

Post #30 of 36 (126 views)
Shortcut
All of Middle Earth included [In reply to] Can't Post

in just those tiny letters? Angelic

I must order one, rub the runes with Aladdin's polishing rag (available from Amazon.com), and see if it all pops out at once, or coalesces out of a mist or . . . (I just realized, I'd better try that outdoors--or maybe out in the ocean, as it won't fit easily into New York). Hopefully the directions will tell me if I have to empty out the earth and add water or recite something for it to work.

I hope you can breathe again by this time.

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jan 12 2013, 2:07am

Post #31 of 36 (130 views)
Shortcut
I just want to thank all of you for making me crack up, this thread has been absolutely amazing to read XD [In reply to] Can't Post

This reminds me a bit of the Medieval black-market relic trading ;) 'Getcha Holy dirt here! Sprinkle the very sand that the Lord himself walked on!' etc. Tongue

--I'm a victim of Bifurcation--

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

geordie
Tol Eressea

Jan 12 2013, 8:59am

Post #32 of 36 (111 views)
Shortcut
What do you mean, not as low as slot machines? [In reply to] Can't Post

- it's dirt - you couldn't get any lower (unless you've got a shovel..)

Tongue

Asger
Bree

Jan 13 2013, 1:39pm

Post #33 of 36 (70 views)
Shortcut
Somewhere I have a little vial of ash [In reply to] Can't Post

from Mt.St. Helens, the Mount Doom of Washington St., where my aunt live. And a nearby hill here in Demark is called Vindhøj (Wethertop), theres actually a bronce age toomb atop it - anyone wants dirt from there? Dirt-cheap!!

"Don't take life seriously, it ain't nohow permanent!" Pogo
www.willy-centret.dk

weaver
Half-elven

Jan 16 2013, 10:03pm

Post #34 of 36 (50 views)
Shortcut
That's right up there with the guy who sold buckets of mud on E-bay... [In reply to] Can't Post

He promoted it as something you could throw on your Jeep or other vehicle to make people think you were out driving around in the mud, I guess. Seriously!

I wish I had long blond hair, I could sell it one strand at a time and pay my kid's college tuition!

Weaver

geordie
Tol Eressea

Jan 16 2013, 10:19pm

Post #35 of 36 (53 views)
Shortcut
Get your genuine Middle-earth mud here - [In reply to] Can't Post

Here you go - just add water!
Tongue

elentari3018
Lorien

Jan 18 2013, 4:50am

Post #36 of 36 (66 views)
Shortcut
That is such a joke-- it's awful :P [In reply to] Can't Post

It makes me laugh at what people would do in the name of Middle-earth :P

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.