Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
george lucas

Avanti

Jan 9 2013, 9:02pm

Post #1 of 4 (439 views)
Shortcut
george lucas Can't Post

how would the lord of the rings have been

had george lucas directed them?

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Jan 9 2013, 9:47pm

Post #2 of 4 (315 views)
Shortcut
Does this answer your question? [In reply to] Can't Post

Warning some adult humour

http://www.youtube.com/...hw&v=g81PoGKO0qA

Laugh

"These are Gundabad Wargs! They will outrun you!"

"THESE are Rhosgobel Rabbits! I'd like to see them try...."

weaver
Half-elven

Jan 17 2013, 12:12am

Post #3 of 4 (72 views)
Shortcut
before or after Star Wars? [In reply to] Can't Post

If he had not done Star Wars yet, he might have done a decent job at telling the story through a mythic lens -- a Joseph Campbell hero journey take on things would have probably come out, which was the thing he hung all the sci-fi framework on in Star Wars.

The George Lucas of now, or even the 2nd Star Wars trilogy would have been more focused on creating the world or experience of middle earth than a great storyline...but if he was teamed up with a good scriptwriter, who knows?

But either way, I think he's more focused on telling and creating his own saga, rather than someone else's -- so my guess is he'd probably have had a hard time keeping close to the book. I see him as more like James Cameron than Jackson -- for Lucas, it's more about wanting to be the creator of a great trilogy themselves, rather than being known as the person who brought someone else's great trilogy to life.

IMHO, of course!

Weaver

Eowyn3
Rivendell

Jan 17 2013, 3:14pm

Post #4 of 4 (141 views)
Shortcut
George Lucas [In reply to] Can't Post

Please do not let this happen, ever!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.