Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I'm Scared That the Elves Will Steal the Action Scenes
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

huzzlewhat
The Shire

Jan 9 2013, 11:38pm

Post #26 of 30 (131 views)
Shortcut
you're a mouse after my own heart [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm in the same place as you my love for the elves, and the Mirkwood elves in particular goes back to before Mr. Bloom was a baby. Thranduil was my second-favorite character in The Hobbit (Bilbo is always and forever first) before I even knew he had a name!

Kimtc
Rohan

Jan 9 2013, 11:48pm

Post #27 of 30 (130 views)
Shortcut
Leggy moments are always a crowd pleaser [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember when I went to Trilogy Tuesday leading up to the premiere of ROTK, the audience loved the horse thing and the shield as skateboard. But when he climbed the olyphant in ROTK, the audience went bat guano insane.

In Reply To
After lurking at TORN, I was convinced I was the only one who loved that sequence, and moreover, that I was somehow wrong to do so. But when I saw the Extended Editions in their theatrical release last year, Legolas vs. the Olyphant received open, enthusiastic applause from the audience. Very gratifying to know I wasn't alone!

Rostron2
Gondor

Jan 10 2013, 12:09am

Post #28 of 30 (135 views)
Shortcut
Yes, same experience at the re-releases [In reply to] Can't Post

Those moments are just legendary now! :)

imin
Valinor

Jan 10 2013, 12:11am

Post #29 of 30 (111 views)
Shortcut
Infamous ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

marillaraina
Rohan

Jan 10 2013, 12:49am

Post #30 of 30 (163 views)
Shortcut
ermmm [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I've heard that rumour before. Personally that simply doesn't work for me - inter species attraction. Like a horse falling in love with a cow. I know Gimli was smitten by Galadriel but I felt that was more an appreciation of beauty and grace rather than physical attraction.

Elves and Man are an interspecies attraction, that too is like a horse falling in love with a cow.

Mind you I don't want any dwarf elf love stories. LOL I want to think it's going to be more a little crush that turns out to be more friendly. More about an elf and dwarf finding out that what they've heard about each other's races isn't entirely true, and if that isn't true, then maybe some of the other "truths they cling to"(to quote Obi-Wan) are also incorrect, than some sort of weird Romeo and Juliet romance.

Dwarves pride theirselves in their beards.

Could be an archery thing? It'd imagine it's easier to kiss the arrow if you don't have a big bushy beard in the way, especially as a lone archer. Archers in big groups have a little more leeway just due to the sheer number of arrows, if they are a little off someone is still sure to hit something. Otherwise I just get an image of lots of whiskers getting tangled on bow strings. LOL

It doesn't seem like archery as anything beyond a skill to sometimes use for hunting is especially popular amongst dwarves, maybe even partly for that reason, the status symboling of their beards. Maybe Kili just likes archery "that much", I mean it isn't like there aren't humans who don't go against what their peer or cultural group thinks is "cool" or proper because they want to do something different. :D

(This post was edited by marillaraina on Jan 10 2013, 12:55am)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.