Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Possible EE footage in the trailers and TV spots?

Glum
Bree

Jan 4 2013, 12:11am

Post #1 of 16 (837 views)
Shortcut
Possible EE footage in the trailers and TV spots? Can't Post

I'd like to know whether there are shots from the trailers and TV spots which didn't make it into the final cut and so are likely to appear in the extended edition? But let's just forget about Narsil + Bilbo staring up in Rivendell, all Gandalf's shots regarding Dol Guldur (or the Nazgul tombs) and Bilbo at the market or whichever place it is... I guess that almost every fan is aware of these Smile Thank you for your ideas... I've seen the movie only once so I cannot say much to this topicFrown

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 4 2013, 12:56am

Post #2 of 16 (390 views)
Shortcut
Don't forget to scour the Production Videos too! Might contain some hints [In reply to] Can't Post

I know there's a behind the scenes documentary where Saruman is talking about the 7 dwarf rings

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Jan 4 2013, 12:59am)

breezin
The Shire

Jan 4 2013, 2:27am

Post #3 of 16 (348 views)
Shortcut
Don't expect everything to make it [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't forget that there was film from "The Two Towers" and "Return of the King" that didn't even make it into the extended editions.

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Jan 4 2013, 2:38am

Post #4 of 16 (353 views)
Shortcut
just a couple [In reply to] Can't Post

There might be a new scene (or just an extended one) of the dwarves in Rivendell. There's that shot of Bofur in the teaser trailer with food or something flying across the screen.

And there are a couple shots of the dwarves running through Goblin Town that didn't make it into the movie. I don't think that scene needs to be extended at all though. I loved it, but it did drag on just a tiny bit. But I actually think the two shots from the second trailer that didn't make it in look more interesting than some of the repetitive hacking and slashing that ended up in the final cut.

(This post was edited by Mooseboy018 on Jan 4 2013, 2:39am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 4 2013, 8:32am

Post #5 of 16 (315 views)
Shortcut
Carne made this list for us [In reply to] Can't Post

Link

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Glum
Bree

Jan 4 2013, 10:14am

Post #6 of 16 (221 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's quite probable that some of the shots won't make it even into the extended editions. We've seen the same with LOTR movies already,..

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jan 4 2013, 4:25pm

Post #7 of 16 (124 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for digging that up! [In reply to] Can't Post

It makes me really excited to see the EE. Quite a bit of stuff in there that I'm looking forward to seeing.

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall and the bells in the steeple, too.
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird is popping out to say coo-coo (coo-coo, coo-coo).

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 4 2013, 7:10pm

Post #8 of 16 (111 views)
Shortcut
This screen-cap has to be in the EEs or sequels... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not in any of the other films. So I'm holding out hope that it's in The Hobbit somewhere. http://images.wikia.com/...e_siege_of_moria.jpg

Wink

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Jan 4 2013, 7:11pm)

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Jan 4 2013, 8:52pm

Post #9 of 16 (83 views)
Shortcut
According to the book The Hobbit Chronicles [In reply to] Can't Post

They shot a scene with young Bilbo at the Old Tooks party. It also says that the scene we see in trailers with Gandalf walking in that tomb looking place is the High Fells inside the Nazgul tombs.

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Jan 4 2013, 8:53pm

Post #10 of 16 (78 views)
Shortcut
I remember seeing this shot [In reply to] Can't Post

In a trailer for Fellowship of the Ring

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jan 4 2013, 8:55pm

Post #11 of 16 (70 views)
Shortcut
Looking very forward to both those scenes! [In reply to] Can't Post

As well as Bilbo with Narsil.

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall and the bells in the steeple, too.
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird is popping out to say coo-coo (coo-coo, coo-coo).

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 4 2013, 8:57pm

Post #12 of 16 (73 views)
Shortcut
Why are people not confusing Dol Guldur, Weathertop and the High Fells? [In reply to] Can't Post

They all look very similar...

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jan 4 2013, 8:59pm

Post #13 of 16 (67 views)
Shortcut
You want us to be confused? [In reply to] Can't Post

CrazyUnimpressedShockedTongue

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 4 2013, 9:03pm

Post #14 of 16 (69 views)
Shortcut
Haha... I'm just saying, you'd expect PJ to give them more distinct looks [In reply to] Can't Post

Like Minas Morgul had... Obviously us geeks can tell them apart, but I wonder whether general audiences even recognised Weathertop in TH?

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Jan 4 2013, 9:04pm)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jan 4 2013, 9:10pm

Post #15 of 16 (63 views)
Shortcut
Ah, good point [In reply to] Can't Post

Obviously, we've barely seen the tombs, but the other two are pretty generic ruins. I hope there's plenty to Dol Guldor that we've not seen yet that gives it a much more distinct feeling.

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jan 5 2013, 6:21am

Post #16 of 16 (67 views)
Shortcut
Because they're too busy confusing a character from The Hobbit:AUJ with a character from Labyrinth? ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.