Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
you know what would be positivly epic?

TheCoon
Lorien

Jan 1 2013, 12:19pm

Post #1 of 25 (1331 views)
Shortcut
you know what would be positivly epic? Can't Post

a SUPER BOWL SPOT for DOS and/or TABA (iguess more likely TABA since it will be closer) THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY COOL many movies put out SOMETHING good no matter when they are just to get to the super bowl u think WB would do it for DOS or TABA? (again i guess taba would be better isnc itd be closer

TheCoon
Lorien

Jan 1 2013, 12:33pm

Post #2 of 25 (572 views)
Shortcut
or....(sorry i cant find the button to edit my post) [In reply to] Can't Post

i know this would be a total pipe dream but A. people have aired things this longe veofre its rare but they do and B: it would be COOL if PJ got a video blog to play during the super bowl

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2013, 1:05pm

Post #3 of 25 (520 views)
Shortcut
That would be the most expensive video blog ever. ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

Ads during Super Bowl cost a fortune.

(This post was edited by Estel78 on Jan 1 2013, 1:09pm)

dormouse
Half-elven

Jan 1 2013, 1:54pm

Post #4 of 25 (491 views)
Shortcut
and would only reach a limited audience... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not even sure what Super Bowl is, beyond being something to do with sport...Wink

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2013, 2:14pm

Post #5 of 25 (500 views)
Shortcut
Limited audience? [In reply to] Can't Post

The Super Bowl is easily -the- most watched thing on tv every year, year after year, and commands the most ad dollars by far. As for airing an entire production diary during it... not likely, to say the least. Even a trailer this far out from the film's release is far fetched.

dormouse
Half-elven

Jan 1 2013, 2:39pm

Post #6 of 25 (476 views)
Shortcut
Maybe in the US... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but not in the rest of the world. The potential audience for The Hobbit is world-wide.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2013, 2:57pm

Post #7 of 25 (457 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, i know... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was explaining the Super Bowl, a US phenomenon, to a foreigner. I myself am not into (American) football, so i don't watch, but everyone, and i mean every one, i know watches. The only thing i can think of that has a comparable audience internationally, other than the Olympics, would be the Oscars i guess.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2013, 3:12pm

Post #8 of 25 (442 views)
Shortcut
Oscars don't come close i believe. (but don't quote me) [In reply to] Can't Post

A football (or soccer as americans call it) world cup finale might draw similar audiences or even surpass it globally but that's every 4 years.

(This post was edited by Estel78 on Jan 1 2013, 3:13pm)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2013, 3:18pm

Post #9 of 25 (433 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, that's why i discounted the Olympics, [In reply to] Can't Post

it's only every two years (counting both summer and winter). The only thing that comes to mind that -everyone- watches-- the Americas, Europe, Asia, even parts of the Middle-east and North Africa-- would be the Oscars.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jan 1 2013, 5:12pm

Post #10 of 25 (379 views)
Shortcut
I prefer them on facebook [In reply to] Can't Post

Where I can watch them whenever I want and without having to sit through 3 hour game. If I had to watch every single commercial, that could get tiresome.

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall and the bells in the steeple, too.
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird is popping out to say coo-coo (coo-coo, coo-coo).

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Jan 1 2013, 5:36pm

Post #11 of 25 (360 views)
Shortcut
Agreed about watching for 3 hours, [In reply to] Can't Post

but the really cool commercials (and TV spots) would be during halftime.

" Well well!", said a voice. "Just look! Bilbo the hobbit on a pony, my dear! Isn't it delicious!"
"Most astonishing wonderful!"

Arandir
Gondor

Jan 1 2013, 5:56pm

Post #12 of 25 (356 views)
Shortcut
You're forgetting the worldwide audience again ... [In reply to] Can't Post

the US isn't the only place to promote 'The Hobbit' you know ... there are others Tongue

'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' Review

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jan 1 2013, 5:58pm

Post #13 of 25 (342 views)
Shortcut
Isn't there a halftime show, though? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure if there are any commercials during halftime. I don't usually watch, so I'm not sure.

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall and the bells in the steeple, too.
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird is popping out to say coo-coo (coo-coo, coo-coo).

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Jan 1 2013, 6:07pm

Post #14 of 25 (352 views)
Shortcut
I checked with an expert [In reply to] Can't Post

(my football fan husband), and yes, there are commercials during the halftime show along with the featured performers. There are also commercials during the game, but the most expensive commercials are during the halftime show.

" Well well!", said a voice. "Just look! Bilbo the hobbit on a pony, my dear! Isn't it delicious!"

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jan 1 2013, 6:14pm

Post #15 of 25 (336 views)
Shortcut
Ah, thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, if I watch the Super Bowl, it's generally for the commercials, because they're often hilarious. But I wouldn't want to have to be glued to the TV because I'm looking for a certain Hobbit preview.

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Jan 1 2013, 6:34pm

Post #16 of 25 (321 views)
Shortcut
You are welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't watch much of the game either except the commercials. And eat lots of food :) And/or go shopping (or to a movie).

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 1 2013, 6:54pm

Post #17 of 25 (323 views)
Shortcut
How about a 10 minute special in IMAX [In reply to] Can't Post

How come Star Trek gets one?! Who even likes Star Trek?

Tongue

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2013, 7:22pm

Post #18 of 25 (298 views)
Shortcut
Meeeeeee!!!!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jan 1 2013, 8:11pm

Post #19 of 25 (275 views)
Shortcut
I love football!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

DOS trailer would be fantastic! Oh and I love Star Trek!!!!!

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2013, 9:07pm

Post #20 of 25 (248 views)
Shortcut
I was hoping for a [In reply to] Can't Post

Desolation of Smaug trailer at the end of An Unexpected Journey later this month (like they did with Fellowship all those years ago), but it's looking like that won't happen.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 1 2013, 10:47pm

Post #21 of 25 (244 views)
Shortcut
The "TTT Trailer" [In reply to] Can't Post

that was added to the end of FOTR was not released until almost March, and it was longer than a trailer. There were lots of people who never saw it because FOTR had left most cities by the time the TTT preview was released.

I would love to see a Desolation of Smaug preview, but I'm not holding my breath. The Hobbit is better established than the LOTR movies, so there's little need to entice the audience this time. The LOTR movies were the first ever to be filmed all at once, and there was a lot of concern since FOTR didn't have a definable "end" that audiences would not stay interested. With several movies adopting the LOTR strategy, audiences don't have to be educated that the first Hobbit movie is intended to be part of a three-movie series.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Jan 1 2013, 10:50pm)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jan 1 2013, 11:07pm

Post #22 of 25 (221 views)
Shortcut
Wow, was it that late?! [In reply to] Can't Post

I went and saw that the day it was shown. I swear, i went and saw those movies at least once a week until almost April! And that preview had to have been almost 4 minutes long. I think you can see it on the TTT EE as an easter egg, though i don't currently have mine with me or i'd look it up.

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 2 2013, 1:55am

Post #23 of 25 (188 views)
Shortcut
March 2, to be precise [In reply to] Can't Post

for more info, you can visit my site (link in footer), enter, and look for the link leading to "LOTR Trailer Information"

It's the TTT Theatrical Preview.

There are some links for watching it online - if they haven't changed urls or gone dead. It's a chore keeping those up to date. :-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Jan 2 2013, 1:56am)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jan 2 2013, 2:58am

Post #24 of 25 (176 views)
Shortcut
Nice. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks.

Chainsaw Charlie
Bree

Jan 2 2013, 4:37am

Post #25 of 25 (183 views)
Shortcut
Limited audience. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'm not even sure what Super Bowl is, beyond being something to do with sport...Wink

It is BY FAR the biggest TV spectacle in America, watched by millions who don't even care about the game, which is why advertisers place huge emphasis on getting spots, to maximize buzz.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.