Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
where you sit depends on several things

Old Toby
Gondor

Dec 31 2012, 3:52pm

Views: 129
Shortcut
where you sit depends on several things [In reply to] Can't Post

If you are seeing it in 3D HFR:
1. If it's a large room with one of those newer huge screens, you certainly don't want to sit close. You want to be able to see the entire screen without having to turn your head. I usually prefer sitting in the upper half of the seating area...but not way up near the top, which is too far away for me.
2. If it's a smaller room with one of those newer huge screens (which I have been into lately), then you'll want to sit quite far back just for the previously mentioned reason. To me there's nothing worse than not being able to see everything that's going on onscreen all at once.
3. I always like to sit as close to center as possible, particularly if the movie is 3D.

If you are seeing it in 2D:
1. Generally you can sit closer to the screen, but I'd recommend sitting far enough away to see the entire screen.
2. Sitting as close to center as possible makes for a better visual experience, I think.

Anyway, that's my take on seating choices. I think where you sit matters more if it's 3D, not so much in 2D, but it's largely a matter of where you feel most comfortable in relation to the screen.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Subject User Time
Q for those who have seen both 24 and 48 versions acheron Send a private message to acheron Dec 30 2012, 6:10pm
    In all honesty, after seeing the IMAX HFR 3D version last night Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Dec 30 2012, 6:20pm
        Same for me Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Dec 30 2012, 6:26pm
    Which scenes do you mean? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 30 2012, 6:20pm
        I'll let you know when I see it again :) acheron Send a private message to acheron Dec 31 2012, 2:28am
    I don't recall any problems with 24fps 2D... Carcharoth Send a private message to Carcharoth Dec 30 2012, 7:40pm
    I noticed a few things guitarzankansasfan Send a private message to guitarzankansasfan Dec 30 2012, 7:43pm
        I would say that sums up my experience, too.. Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Dec 30 2012, 11:11pm
    Not sure what you mean Lightice Send a private message to Lightice Dec 30 2012, 8:54pm
        We're in the same boat here... sharpened_graphite Send a private message to sharpened_graphite Dec 30 2012, 9:32pm
            Agreed. Joe-Mathews Send a private message to Joe-Mathews Dec 30 2012, 9:49pm
                I can say for certain that I didn't like the 3D... sharpened_graphite Send a private message to sharpened_graphite Dec 30 2012, 10:24pm
        We could go round in circles .... ;-) / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 30 2012, 9:46pm
    I didn't like the high frame rate Randraug Send a private message to Randraug Dec 31 2012, 2:46am
    Seen both formats Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Dec 31 2012, 4:30am
        Location JWPlatt Dec 31 2012, 5:51am
            where you sit depends on several things Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Dec 31 2012, 3:52pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.