Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I guess we agree on the allusion, but we do not agree on the glow at the gate being the Balrog.

xxxyyy
Rohan

Jan 4 2013, 12:45am

Views: 40
Shortcut
I guess we agree on the allusion, but we do not agree on the glow at the gate being the Balrog. [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be an absolute mistake.
But I've already said that, when? four answers ago, so I guess it's fair to stop here, at least on my side.

http://energyfromthorium.com/

Subject User Time
Why it is to be hoped that the fire in Moria was a Balrog allusion (however vague), and why more mention should be made of him in the course of these films. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 30 2012, 7:14am
    Also of importance: The Continuity Factor. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 30 2012, 7:15am
    Bravo Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Dec 30 2012, 7:25am
        Sauron is not Morgoth Mahtion Send a private message to Mahtion Dec 30 2012, 7:36am
            It isn't a matter of commanding. It is a matter of alliance. It is dubious that he could command Smaug. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 30 2012, 7:51am
                Great Points Mahtion Send a private message to Mahtion Dec 30 2012, 8:13am
                    A note on Balrog's higher sentience, in reply to you and Herzogian AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 2 2013, 5:23am
        I really hope so. Despite the short time he appears on screen AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 30 2012, 7:41am
    And... The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Dec 30 2012, 7:36am
        This is my hope as to why they might have failed to do so (yet) and may be saving it for a latter scene AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 30 2012, 8:04am
    You shall not pass to the hobbit trilogy! herzogian Send a private message to herzogian Dec 30 2012, 8:39am
        problems with that reasoning AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 30 2012, 7:13pm
            Balrogging herzogian Send a private message to herzogian Dec 30 2012, 8:44pm
                As to what they can use/deduce. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 30 2012, 11:03pm
            Sauron: the most prominently displayed dwarf in AUJ FlyingSerkis Send a private message to FlyingSerkis Dec 30 2012, 10:14pm
                Damn. See what too much typing can do? Or course I meant THORIN. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 30 2012, 11:15pm
                    Underestimating the Feanorians Mahtion Send a private message to Mahtion Dec 31 2012, 1:43am
                        When I say they didn't fear them, I do not mean to say that even in the face of AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 31 2012, 2:41am
                            Great treatise. Loving this thread! sharku Send a private message to sharku Dec 31 2012, 11:42am
                                Lol. There is a fine question. Not Eru, surely. Nor a Valar. Clearly Ainur. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 31 2012, 11:18pm
                                    This thread Ave Moria Send a private message to Ave Moria Jan 1 2013, 1:52am
    I've nothing particular to add (you've said it all) but I'd love to see this and agree with you 100% that he should have some more backstory/screen time to develop Dwarf history// Radagast-Aiwendil Send a private message to Radagast-Aiwendil Dec 30 2012, 10:46am
    Not sure about that AT ALL... Balin should return to Moria and establish a "known" realm. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Dec 30 2012, 6:02pm
        It becomes a continuity problem. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 30 2012, 7:33pm
            Alot of good points on both sides... FrogmortonJustice65 Send a private message to FrogmortonJustice65 Dec 30 2012, 7:51pm
                It isn't so much an issue of "they brought up other tangentials, why not him" as, they have brought Moria, his dwelling, and a battle AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 30 2012, 8:04pm
            I think the Balrog should stay in ancient history books, in old wizards' libraries. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Jan 1 2013, 4:05am
                If he appears at all, sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Jan 1 2013, 4:31am
                    Again, seeing a glow means he IS right behind the door... which may be cool, but in the end, not at all. (NT) xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Jan 1 2013, 4:53pm
                You cannot link it to the darknes of the path, when the real issue is explicitly stated. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 2 2013, 1:24am
                    No continuity error at all. The opposite. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Jan 2 2013, 2:45am
                        Were that the case, Gandalf would not have worried, nor would he have AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 2 2013, 5:17am
                            I am a purist of the book and the movies, and I do not mix them. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Jan 2 2013, 6:11pm
                                You are willfully ignoring what is actually in that movie. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 2 2013, 11:17pm
                                    Yes, that speech just state that Gandalf is concerned about the Balrog. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Jan 3 2013, 3:28am
                                        Did I say anything about The Balrog hanging around at the door to greet them AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 3 2013, 4:29am
                                            Yes, you only said that in the title of this thread... lol xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Jan 3 2013, 5:13pm
                                                You are mixing timelines and company's now. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 3 2013, 9:28pm
                                                    I guess we agree on the allusion, but we do not agree on the glow at the gate being the Balrog. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Jan 4 2013, 12:45am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.